U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-14-2007, 11:04 AM

28 posts, read 133,488 times

Advertisements

Hi:

A couple of years ago I looked into Occupational Therapy jobs in Montana and found that the wages are extremely low compared to New Mexico and Arizona. Anyone know of any OT jobs in the state that would pay better than $18-20?? I have thought about a traveler job to get a glimpse of what the area is like, but what would happen when the traveler need runs out? would i be able to get something permanent that would be comparable to what I would have already been making in case I really like it there and want to stay? considering the fact that a permanent job does not pay housing and I already know that. What would be a good time to visit?

I read a post that stated Great Falls has plenty of job opportunities. More people would fill those jobs if they payed more I suppose. Any information that anyone can provide on Therapy jobs in the state as well as income tax and property tax would be helpful. Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2007, 11:08 AM

529 posts, read 1,728,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dallas3740 View Post
Hi:

A couple of years ago I looked into Occupational Therapy jobs in Montana and found that the wages are extremely low compared to New Mexico and Arizona. Anyone know of any OT jobs in the state that would pay better than $18-20?? I have thought about a traveler job to get a glimpse of what the area is like, but what would happen when the traveler need runs out? would i be able to get something permanent that would be comparable to what I would have already been making in case I really like it there and want to stay? considering the fact that a permanent job does not pay housing and I already know that. What would be a good time to visit?

I read a post that stated Great Falls has plenty of job opportunities. More people would fill those jobs if they payed more I suppose. Any information that anyone can provide on Therapy jobs in the state as well as income tax and property tax would be helpful. Thanks
More people would take these jobs, if we had the people to fill the positions.... Pay doesn't even really enter into it, as Great Falls Medical in any field pays highest in the state.

When you are comparing wages, lower or higher, according to state, you must remember that it costs half or less than half to live here, than it does anywhere else.

Old 07-14-2007, 09:07 PM

22,952 posts, read 22,462,668 times
There are these types of jobs all over this state, the one thing I have found is you definately don't move here for the money! You have to want to live here and figure out how to afford it.

Old 07-15-2007, 01:46 PM

28 posts, read 133,488 times
I have thought about that jimj. Its the tranquility, outdoors, and beautiful landscaping that people move to Montana for. We have had an interest in the state as possible relocation for a couple of years now and even when we think about another place Montana always resurfaces. I guess my only concern is the winters. We like snow, but will it keep us from getting to work on a daily basis if the winters last from October to May?? Does the state dept do a good job at keeping the highways plowed? and what about the county roads in your own town?

Where in montana is there affordable mountain living where you can get the most for your money? Name some towns and I will do the research on them. Thanks

Old 07-15-2007, 08:27 PM

22,952 posts, read 22,462,668 times
Well, we live in the flathead and I can tell you as an example we generally have no snow days for schools which means they are always open. That being said we had one last year and tends to be just after they put the plows away for the season and we got a wet snow and then a hard freeze. I personally have never (well maybe once) seen a day where I couldn't drive somewhere. There are nights where it may not be the best thing to do but I haven't seen it yet. Good vehicle, good snow tires and go slow you will be fine. I know we have several occ-med places here that seem really busy and both hospitals here are staffing up, not to mention that becasue we live near a ski resort it generates need for what you do. Also with all the new business's coming here there will be a work comp need I'm sure. Maybe it would be worth your wile to open your own clinic? Traveling occ-med maybe....
I just found a couple of things at KRMC a local hospital one that I will send you via PM, there was about 30 jobs that I didn't scroll through. There is also North Valley Hospital here and many ortho docs. As for housing costs, it would depend on what you think is inexpensive. We live 15 minutes from Glacier Park and almost at the base of Columbia Mountain so I guess we are mountain living.
Hope that helps....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana