U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-15-2007, 07:38 PM

72 posts, read 272,722 times

Advertisements

Hello, everyone....I spend a lot of time reading many posts on city-data....since this is an area we are looking at for a possible move, thought I'd ask for thoughts on the local medical scene in Great Falls, since that is our business.

I know there is a large hospital, Benefis, and a large multi-specialty group of doctors, Great Falls Clinic, which has their own surgery center and treatment facilities.

Anyone reading here have any knowledge of these places/ how they are run/quality of care/working conditions, etc?
Good experiences or bad? Any insight is appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2007, 08:53 PM

9 posts, read 24,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zarabeth View Post
Hello, everyone....I spend a lot of time reading many posts on city-data....since this is an area we are looking at for a possible move, thought I'd ask for thoughts on the local medical scene in Great Falls, since that is our business.

I know there is a large hospital, Benefis, and a large multi-specialty group of doctors, Great Falls Clinic, which has their own surgery center and treatment facilities.

Anyone reading here have any knowledge of these places/ how they are run/quality of care/working conditions, etc?
Good experiences or bad? Any insight is appreciated.
I worked at Benefis for a while. The pay is good! They treat their employees good also. They are willing to work with their employees on their schedules. They are always giving raises, bonuses, ect. My husband does construction and I made more money than he did when I worked at Benefis. The more experience you have the more money you make.

I had a baby at Benefis back in December. I was treated very good there. Although my room was a little to cold most of the night to keep my son in my room with me. The rest of the care was great! There was 2 nurses there that were rude, but you will find people like that anywhere you go.

Old 07-15-2007, 09:19 PM

529 posts, read 1,727,356 times
Ever heard of a waiting list?

Well, over the years, folks have had to suffer through waiting to be hired at Benefis, because of their reputation for great benefits and high pay.
(highest pay in the state for it's industry)

Benefis is currently in the mood these days to be quite generous, for three reasons mostly... They are in the process of constructing a new 8 story tower, have just opened the new Sletten Cancer Institute, and they are into some pretty heavy recruitment competition with the new Great Falls Clinic Surgical Center....

Nursing staff, and other medical specialties staff might want to take advantage of some of the recruitment offers that are floating around here these days between the two.

Benefis has always had a good reputation for treating their staff well, and for their excellent medical services.

There are those in Missoula that I know, who's wives work at places like St. Pats and CMC that can't come to Great Falls because they've got mortgages holding them down. Two that I know of have already put their brand new homes on the market, hoping they will sell before the new Benefis tower is completed.... both will stand to make nearly twice in wages by coming to work in Great Falls.

The medical community here is booming, with wages and benefits to match.

Old 07-15-2007, 10:33 PM

I was poking around on the internet, and noticed there seems to be a bit of bad blood between the two....seems Benefis sued the Great Falls Clinic recently? How are the docs in both of these places, decent or above average?

And how is the 911 situation? Are there helicopters/life flights, that sort of thing in the city?

Old 07-15-2007, 11:14 PM

529 posts, read 1,727,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zarabeth View Post
I was poking around on the internet, and noticed there seems to be a bit of bad blood between the two....seems Benefis sued the Great Falls Clinic recently? How are the docs in both of these places, decent or above average?

And how is the 911 situation? Are there helicopters/life flights, that sort of thing in the city?
Yes

The competition has heated up over the past months....between the two.

Benefis ran a monopoly here since 95, and became upset when Great Falls Clinic decided to do their thing.....

The judge in Helena told Benefis to knock it off and quit whining.....

Our doctors are some of the very best in the entire northwest.

Learn about our Mercy Flight here;

Benefis - Mercy Flight (http://www.benefis.org/pages/default.asp?NavID=102 - broken link)

Our Mercy Flight covers all of central Montana and most of western Montana without having to refuel.

>>> ...Benefis Healthcare's two-phase flight program provides aeromedical transport in Montana and the Northwest. The Mercy Flight helicopter program flies patients for fast transport from area hospitals to specialty care in Great Falls. Mercy Flight crews also respond on-site to bring patients from isolated areas or accident scenes to our Regional Emergency Center... <<<

Last edited by GiftShoppeGuy; 07-15-2007 at 11:33 PM..

Old 07-16-2007, 06:10 AM

I'll keep poking around and see what else I can find, in addition to what I've read here....think it always pays to know as much as you can, and ask a lotta questions. Thanks for the responses
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana