Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2006, 02:32 PM

1,126 posts, read 3,855,162 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prichard View Post
Now, I feel like someone is trying to Californicate me!! Fact is, that most of the rest of America ain't nearly as "politically correct" as Califorinans; nor do we necessarily want to be. Fact is, that most of the rest of America is conservative, is family oriented, votes Republican, and enjoys owning firearms. Maybe we like to "pre-judge" people a little, is there anything really wrong with that?

When you decide to move to someone else's territory, you are moving there presumably because you like those people, and want to live with them. Otherwise, you will be miserable, especially if you expect them to conform to your level of Californian "tolerance" of others. It just aint' that way in 46 of the other states.

Just food for thought. I recon there's no need to choke on it, though.
Last time I checked it wasn't your "territory" it is all of ours since we are USA citizens. Geeez. People.

Old 09-29-2006, 06:45 AM

1,418 posts, read 10,191,570 times
I ain't really looking to argue with any of you nice folks. Just stating an opinion, that's all. The problem with Californians is that their views are far more liberal than most of the people in the free states. Now, it's not really their "views" that are a problem. No, sir, I recon I've never gotten into scuff over someone's views. But, when they want to impose their politics in different regions, that's when trouble starts.

For instance, they have all but banned most firearms from their state. When a Californian moves to another state, is he/she going to try to elect people who are going to take away our 2nd Amendment rights? Are they going to try to elect people who are going to define "marriage" different than what everyone knows what it naturally is?

I think we need to all look at the original question posed "why is there so much California bashing"? All I've done is attempt to answer that question. And, the answer is that not everyone desires to have California styled laws and values shoved down their throat.

Just an honest opinion; don't have to like it; don't have to agree with it.

Old 09-29-2006, 11:23 AM

48 posts, read 133,569 times
Quote:
I ain't really looking to argue with any of you nice folks. Just stating an opinion, that's all. The problem with Californians is that their views are far more liberal than most of the people in the free states. Now, it's not really their "views" that are a problem. No, sir, I recon I've never gotten into scuff over someone's views. But, when they want to impose their politics in different regions, that's when trouble starts.

For instance, they have all but banned most firearms from their state. When a Californian moves to another state, is he/she going to try to elect people who are going to take away our 2nd Amendment rights? Are they going to try to elect people who are going to define "marriage" different than what everyone knows what it naturally is?

I think we need to all look at the original question posed "why is there so much California bashing"? All I've done is attempt to answer that question. And, the answer is that not everyone desires to have California styled laws and values shoved down their throat.

Just an honest opinion; don't have to like it; don't have to agree with it.
I'm not sure why you're so worried about Californians liberalizing Montana when California itself is HARDLY an example of liberal politics in action. The Governor is a Republican who has opposed gay marriage. You should be more worried about ME, who is moving to Montana from ILLINOIS - much more of a blue state

So yes, stop the California Bashing!!! And let's agree to disagree -- but I'm still moving there and will vote for liberals

Old 09-29-2006, 09:20 PM

152 posts, read 627,913 times
Post californian moving

Quote:
"When a Californian moves to another state, is he/she going to try to elect people who are going to take away our 2nd Amendment rights? Are they going to try to elect people who are going to define "marriage" different than what everyone knows what it naturally is?"
Having lived in the San Fransisco Bay Area ALLLLLL my life (I grew up in Howdy-Doody time), I have first hand knowledge of how this place works !
It is way too liberal, "politically correct" etc. BUT..................
Not everyone is necessarily raised that way. I was raised Republican in the hilly east bay by an Iowan father and grandfather who were of the Quaker faith there.

That is why I'm happy to be able to finally follow my heart and get the Hell outta Dodge, so to speak and back to the hills. My hubby and I are gun-owners (always loaded thank-you /what's a trigger lock??? haha), career people in health-care and law enforcement (a dead intruder tells no lies) and believe in the American way (pay your own way).

Are we intending to move in and change things?? NO WAY. Do we come to Montana rich??? NO WAY. Do we want to just find a place we can slow down and relax? OH YES!
I'm tired of having to speak spanish to >50% of my female patients because they wouldn't learn (or admit to knowing) English in the 2-3 years or more that they have lived here

I'm tired of people living on the dole with better clothes and cars than me, and continuing to have more kids, also on the dole. I'd vote for mandatory sterilization in a heartbeat.

Only my opinion.........sorry for the rant.
Montanans........don't fear the arrival of these two old Californians, we're too square, responsible and politically incorrect to stay here in Cali. Welcome us in about a year...you'll never know we are on our mountain.......well ....except for the Harley

Old 10-06-2006, 07:59 AM

1,530 posts, read 3,943,987 times
Quote:
Now, I feel like someone is trying to Californicate me!! Fact is, that most of the rest of America ain't nearly as "politically correct" as Califorinans; nor do we necessarily want to be. Fact is, that most of the rest of America is conservative, is family oriented, votes Republican, and enjoys owning firearms. Maybe we like to "pre-judge" people a little, is there anything really wrong with that?

When you decide to move to someone else's territory, you are moving there presumably because you like those people, and want to live with them. Otherwise, you will be miserable, especially if you expect them to conform to your level of Californian "tolerance" of others. It just aint' that way in 46 of the other states.

Just food for thought. I recon there's no need to choke on it, though.
ok i guess my post was a little too offensive to the moderator of this board but i think this post i am replying to and the original post is extremely offensive to the native american people, and i am going to say it again, if you dont like california dont go there and if you dont like native people in montana too bad, because they were there first and i think you should reconsider your move to montana if you cant handle that fact

Old 10-06-2006, 08:00 AM

1,530 posts, read 3,943,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dangerousdan View Post
I'm not sure why you're so worried about Californians liberalizing Montana when California itself is HARDLY an example of liberal politics in action. The Governor is a Republican who has opposed gay marriage. You should be more worried about ME, who is moving to Montana from ILLINOIS - much more of a blue state

So yes, stop the California Bashing!!! And let's agree to disagree -- but I'm still moving there and will vote for liberals

i agree with you danerousdan,
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana