Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2007, 09:42 PM

38 posts, read 178,633 times

Advertisements

Hi, Im from Birmingham, AL. I have a friend living in Montana and she has asked me to visit. So I came here. Feeling a little trepidatious now.

I dont do politics. I hate politics. In my experience you cant trust anybody in politics. So what's the point? lol

It seems that many here have a good life in Montana. And naturally they want to protect their way of life. That is completely understandable. It is a story as old and civilization itself. But Im sorry to tell you: change is coming.

If you can't accept change, you are on the wrong planet. It's like some song I heard says: The only thing that doesn't change is that nothing stays the same. It seems many of the changes that y'all (yes that is a word) fear have to do with population growth. Well, sorry again, but there are no signs that the population is gonna stop growing any time soon. Maybe the US should do like China and put limits on the number of children we're allowed to have. How does that sound? lol Naturally as the population grows, cities will become larger and more numerous and rural areas will decrease. Its elementary school math.

I believe that we really only have rights to control the small patch of land that we personally own. And I dont believe we have the right to draw a line in sand that we don't own and say: do not cross.

Y'know, hate to bring everyone down, but there is a TON of suffering going on in the world. Dont roll your eyes. lol

The child sex trade is a ten billion dollar a year business. Crime is raging. The war on drugs is continuing and we're losing. Tens of thousands of innocent children die every DAY because of lack of food. Slavery is alive and well. I could go on and on. There are alot of bad people on this planet and we cant get away from them all.

Why? Is it gonna stop? Does mankind have the power to stop it? They've proven they cant. I hate to do this: but look at 2 Tim. 3:1--13. OMG Politics AND religion! Im aghast!

Anyway....

We should be SO thankful for what we have. We have SO much and the majority of the world has SO little. We have no right to try to hinder those who are just trying to find a little piece of happiness.

IMHO, lol
Ok. Ive stepped down and am putting my soap box back in its cubby hole. Im sorry but I couldn't help it. Once I got started...... sigh
thanks for "listening"
eeyore
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2007, 10:06 PM

38 posts, read 178,633 times
I just had a great idea! People in Montana should all become Amish. Then, it would all be Amish country and your way of life would be protected because of religious freedom.

Old 09-10-2007, 11:00 PM

1,153 posts, read 4,557,015 times
lol, try living through a Montana winter without electricity. Or taking one of those little Amish buggies over Homesteak or Lolo pass....

Old 09-11-2007, 10:54 AM

8,087 posts, read 15,153,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYMTman View Post
lol, try living through a Montana winter without electricity. Or taking one of those little Amish buggies over Homesteak or Lolo pass....
I've lived in Montana without electricity, and without running water or indoor plumbing for that matter. Our ancestors all did without these newfangled conveniences, and evidently survived the experience, or we wouldn't be here!

Now, as to going over the pass in winter... well, that's what passes are for, to keep other folks out. If you don't believe me, ask the Swiss.

Old 09-11-2007, 02:58 PM

75 posts, read 521,644 times
Lewis & Clark did it, without even a wagon. Back in the days when men were MEN.
BTW...Sacagawea, (an indian woman) was with them.

Old 09-11-2007, 03:44 PM

69 posts, read 223,357 times
Default Who's attitudes need changing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenzebel View Post
Those interested in moving to Montana that wonder why we Montanans are so concerned about the changes the influx of people moving here has brought and continues to bring should read this article:

“Blue state, red state, your state, my state” (broken link)

Then ask yourself; are you part of the problem too? Have you learned anything from living in the place you are fleeing, like how to do things differently here so as not to ruin Montana in the same ways? For many, I seriously doubt you have.

"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."--an old adage that seems to apply to many moving here. They think the geography will provide a change for them when actually they need to change themselves--their attitudes, beliefs and expectations, in order to not recreate the problems they are fleeing.

Excuse me,..But who's attitudes need to change? It is to bad the Indians didn't hang Lewis & Clark the day they entered their land. Maybe
the Bufflalo would still roam, the Grizzlies would not have been slaughtered to the brink of extinction, and the tepees would leave a heck of a lot lighter footprint on Montana, than ranches with imported cows and garbage from one end of this once beautiful state to the other. This is reality, so quit complaining about all the people invading Montana. Maybe some hardcore rules and regulations is just what this state needs, to save it, from the original occupying forces.
Sincerely PB

Last edited by Arleigh-20; 09-11-2007 at 03:49 PM.. Reason: Spelling

Old 09-11-2007, 04:50 PM

47 posts, read 202,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arleigh-20 View Post
Excuse me,..But who's attitudes need to change? It is to bad the Indians didn't hang Lewis & Clark the day they entered their land. Maybe
the Bufflalo would still roam, the Grizzlies would not have been slaughtered to the brink of extinction, and the tepees would leave a heck of a lot lighter footprint on Montana, than ranches with imported cows and garbage from one end of this once beautiful state to the other. This is reality, so quit complaining about all the people invading Montana. Maybe some hardcore rules and regulations is just what this state needs, to save it, from the original occupying forces.
Sincerely PB
The point you are feebly trying to make is in no way unique to Montana. We, as Americans, have occupied all corners of the country and made it our own...for better or worse. Trying to pretend that Lewis & Clark, Bison, or Tepees are associated only with Montana, or even predominately with Montana, is ridiculous.

Old 09-11-2007, 05:43 PM

69 posts, read 223,357 times
People moving to montana is the best medicine this state could
receive. Montana severly needs more educated folks to help it self
to survive the onslaught of americans looking for more room to stretch.
Many wonderful people come here and purchase moderate homes, and keep their
property clean and neat. They know how "rural" living without tight rules and regulations, can bring on the barking, biting, loose dogs or dangerous meth labs,
or rat infested garbage in a neighborhood can ruin the very living they came to seek.
All home grown Montanans should appreciate the new comers, and work side by side to create, clean and unified living conditions. The "free for all" in Montana is soon coming to a close. Whether you like it or not, New restrictions will be needed to promote an acceptable environment for all.

Old 09-13-2007, 07:08 PM

230 posts, read 578,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mandapanda View Post
Wrote a long reply about discrimination, but the computer ate it. With all of the conflict in this world, you are making some where there shouldn't be any. INVADED? Get real. So everyone who leaves Montana is invading their new state? Those who work elsewhere are enjoying the benefits provided by others who fought for higher wages and better working conditions. People all over the country are supporting the many subsidies provided to so many here and elsewhere. You don't seem to have a problem with that.

What about the Native Americans? Do you think their way of life changed?

You must be a teenager.
Thank you for this great reply!!! Thank you for adding the Native Americans too!!

Old 09-13-2007, 07:11 PM

230 posts, read 578,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mandapanda View Post
Hello? My response was to gutshot. We all know you can find a professor somewhere to support just about any theory. I was a prof years ago and I,too, have Native American heritage. Just don't understand all of the anger and hatred showing up here. If you check some other states, the people there are complaining about "outsiders" too. Last I checked these were the UNITED States of America. We have enough problems without turning on each other here.
AMEN ! Thanx again. Just got in to this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana