Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2015, 10:44 PM

1,442 posts, read 1,938,013 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 406FIRE309 View Post
You would be a good mod too, Montguy!

I think most of you guys are smart and intelligent. You are all passionate about certain things and can defend your arguments convincingly. As a moderator, your job would be to make sure the rules are followed and things dont go off subject. Although we all see things differently, I'm confident any of you wouldn't let your personal feelings interfere with your duties.
Why thank you, 406. As someone who has never used the 'ignore' function, I would make a fantastic moderator.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2015, 10:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RotseCherut View Post
I disagree that Montguy would be a good moderator as he has gone belligerent on me and others in other threads and made a lot of personal attacks and insults, breaking City Data rules and TOS. Not to mention how he thinks he personally has the authority of administering who is allowed in Montana and who is not, which I find a bit humorous, actually.

The guy shot me down because I expressed views that contradicted with his own and the guy being totally off the deep end in his views, decided to get aggressive and virulent on the threads because he doesn't think people should be allowed to disagree or contradict his infallible views.

I was hoping to meet some of those more "moderate" Montana liberals here, but instead met another ultra left-wing liberal fanatic like I have here in Seattle. I will say that the few liberals I did meet travelling through Montana seemed open-minded, down-to-earth and tolerant of the more conservative types of people as myself. When they heard I had a religion and didn't support the traditional liberal agenda, I didn't get shot down as a Nazi or a inhumane monster as I would by liberals in Seattle or Portland. Even me and this one dreadlocked hippie tye-dye wearing shirt guy I met in Darby, sat down and talked for hours about guns, hunting and about how we both don't trust the government. He also told me about the local mayor and sheriff he said who were crooks and on the take. Being that I don't know all the details about him, I couldn't judge the authenticity of his story. It was entertaining to hear his story and it sounded authentic, but obviously couldn't make a conclusion being an outsider. Me and him hit it off pretty well.
You were never shot down by anyone, for any reason, Rotse. You simply had a meltdown when you found out that many Montanans, including myself, are pro-choice and you still can't move past it.

Old 07-27-2015, 11:00 PM

3,533 posts, read 5,827,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montguy View Post
You were never shot down by anyone, for any reason, Rotse. You simply had a meltdown when you found out that many Montanans, including myself, are pro-choice and you still can't move past it.
Im not the one who had the meltdown, nor did I ever believe all Montanans are Pro-Life. What i dont like are people like you and the OP who attack people in a rampage if they think abortion is murder. People have the right to their views and lashing out on them for disagreeing hardly represents a person who is open-minded and respectful to others.

Old 07-27-2015, 11:02 PM

Quote:
Im not the one who had the meltdown, nor did I ever believe all Montanans are Pro-Life. What i dont like are people like you and the OP who attack people in a rampage if they think abortion is murder. People have the right to their views and lashing out on them for disagreeing hardly represents a person who is open-minded and respectful to others.
I don't believe that all Montanans are pro-choice, for that matter.

Can you by any chance identify this so-called "rampage" of mine? I just can't seem to recall...

Old 07-28-2015, 08:03 AM

6,756 posts, read 8,573,379 times
Quote:
406Fire, I am thinking the Montana forum badly needs a moderator.. I would vote for MTSilvertip, as he has been here for a while and has made great and helpful posts for the Montana forum. I think he would be a good candidate to take the helm left behind by ElkHunter. Of course, I understand that he may not have the time to do the mod job.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reziac View Post
Good choice. Wait, Silvertip, come back! Why is he running so fast?? Dang, he's already out of sight.

[Elk invited me to the mod squad a while back, but I turned it down... done enough mod work elsewhere already, thanks anyway!]
Thanks guys, and I agree we desperately need a moderator, but I really don't have the time and temprement it would require.

I would have voted for Rez too, he has mod experience, he's levelheaded and knows the state well.

I usually don't rise to the bait when the trolls attack, but sometimes they are so off the wall you have to, but that's not a battle of wits, it's a battle of hatred, so I decided not to play as I'm not well equipped to fight on that level. I found out long ago that the only way you can defeat a troll is to starve them to death. If nobody responds to their crap, they lose intrest and move onto other victims who'll take their vitriol and play with them.

It's soooooo much nicer now that I can't see the personal attacks and name calling. Ignore is a great feature of this forum

Anyway, we do need to petition city-data for a new mod. We can't hope for someone as great as Elk was, but when we get one we need to support them and help them fit in here.

And I hope it's soon!!!

Old 08-11-2015, 09:00 PM

387 posts, read 554,447 times
Maybe you guys just need a self-moderate button that kicks in when you start seeing 3+ quote boxes in your reply, or notice that the OP's question was 5-6 pages back, and it was only posted 2 days ago.

Nah - don't go changin'. It's not hunting season yet here in MT, and what else do the rest of us have to do with the water this hot and low but sit back and watch.

Old 08-12-2015, 07:51 PM

10,062 posts, read 7,229,638 times
I find it interesting that anybody prioritizes a place's politics when thinking about where to live.

Old 09-25-2015, 06:21 PM

222 posts, read 231,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTSilvertip View Post
You do realize the post you replied to is from August 1, 2007 right?

Rickers hasn't posted here in several years unfortunately, but I doubt asking a question about an 8 year old post will bring him back.
I've lurked that long on some sites

Old 09-29-2015, 03:28 PM

415 posts, read 560,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 406FIRE309 View Post
Reziac would have my vote as well!
Mine as well! Oh, speaking of voting, earlier today I did something I never thought I would do. I actually voted Liberal in the advance poll of the upcoming Canadian federal election, a party I haven't voted for since I was in my twenties. I'm not at all happy with the incumbent, Stephen Harper and his Conservatives (election fraud, corruption, atrocious treatment of veterans, etc.), and this is coming from someone who voted for him in the last FOUR federal elections.

Old 09-29-2015, 05:11 PM

8,087 posts, read 15,153,325 times
Far as I've heard, Harper is mostly about sucking the wealth out of Alberta so the rest of Canada doesn't have to live within its means... then again, that's hardly new!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana