U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2011, 06:16 AM

1,078 posts, read 2,282,143 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Village_Idiot View Post
considering that "outsiders" are ruining every place
including New York City... but NYC should be wiped off the face of the planet anyway.
then YES... "outsiders" always ruin everything.

but what is your definition of an "outsider"?
would that be someone like me? a New Yorker... who's fed up with NYC-life? and wants to become a "Montan-ite"?
or a new yorker who wants to move to montana and take NYC with him?

One other thing, you say New York should be wiped off the planet anyway? Kinda like our lovely little wolf problem...wiped off the planet but showed back up and is now destroying alot of what Monana stands for. Best left alone and not brought here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2011, 06:40 AM

3,869 posts, read 13,051,199 times
This sounds like some juvenile turf war.

We are Americans, we are FREE to live where we wish.

Times are a changing. The population is growing.

Ranchers selling land to become rich.
Few are selling to avoid foreclosure.

This argument is sooooo played out.

We all have had a house or a subdivision built on the spot Gramps took us hunting, no matter what state you live in.

I never knew Montanans whined so much.
I thought they took action or shut up and minded their own business

PS
I'll be out around the end of Aug for a trip and to looK for some land up on a hill side maybe right smack in the middle of your favorite spot to buy. I'll thank the rancher

It's not the 1800's any longer, welcome to the 21st century.

p.s.s.
Your wolf proublem is almost non existent. You make it a proublem.

Yes some wolfs need to be eliminated but they are part of nature that you hold in such high regard and are wondering why you want to change the area so much?

I think we have more wolfs in MN than MT. I live on the edge of town and we have wolfs in the yard on an occasion.

Old 07-27-2011, 07:32 AM

1,078 posts, read 2,282,143 times
Montanans are obviously more defensive of what we love about our state. Of course you have the freedom to move wherever you want, nobody has ever said different, but when a person goes on a public forum asking what is best for them and wanting to bring what they want to leave behind with them, they are walking right into a field of opinions.
As far as the wolf situation....wolves do a part in Montana. You obviously do not know the extent of the situation. I don't live on the edge of town, I live far out of town and wolves in the last five years have become an increasing problem. Have you had calves torn apart? Have your children seen their hard work ripped into a hundred pieces and only a fraction actually consumed? Have you personally had your hunting privilage/providing food for your family affected by the wolves decreasing the number of elk? I personally don't want wolves in my back yard.
Yes, all states have seen their fair share of family land divided and sold off. Isn't voicing my opinion on a PUBLIC FORUM a sense of taking action? Are you saying that by voicing my opinion on a public forum when someone asks for advice from whomever is not minding my own business? Aren't you from MN? Yet you respond to a thread on Montana, without living here, how are you minding your own business? The OP called crap "horse stuff" for crying out loud. If anything, I'm saving him from a good ol boy butt kicking should he come here asking for a job shoveling "horse stuff".

Old 07-27-2011, 03:28 PM

7,669 posts, read 8,958,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snofarmer View Post

We all have had a house or a subdivision built on the spot Gramps took us hunting, no matter what state you live in.

PS
I'll be out around the end of Aug for a trip and to looK for some land up on a hill side maybe right smack in the middle of your favorite spot to buy. I'll thank the rancher

p.s.s.

Yes some wolfs need to be eliminated but they are part of nature that you hold in such high regard and are wondering why you want to change the area so much?

I think we have more wolfs in MN than MT. I live on the edge of town and we have wolfs in the yard on an occasion.
You are right 100% on this.

Old 07-27-2011, 03:37 PM

Location: Approximately 50 miles from Missoula MT/38 yrs full time after 4 yrs part time
2,293 posts, read 3,328,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by magoomafoo View Post
Montanans are obviously more defensive of what we love about our state. Of course you have the freedom to move wherever you want, nobody has ever said different, but when a person goes on a public forum asking what is best for them and wanting to bring what they want to leave behind with them, they are walking right into a field of opinions.
As far as the wolf situation....wolves do a part in Montana. You obviously do not know the extent of the situation. I don't live on the edge of town, I live far out of town and wolves in the last five years have become an increasing problem. Have you had calves torn apart? Have your children seen their hard work ripped into a hundred pieces and only a fraction actually consumed? Have you personally had your hunting privilage/providing food for your family affected by the wolves decreasing the number of elk? I personally don't want wolves in my back yard.
Yes, all states have seen their fair share of family land divided and sold off. Isn't voicing my opinion on a PUBLIC FORUM a sense of taking action? Are you saying that by voicing my opinion on a public forum when someone asks for advice from whomever is not minding my own business? Aren't you from MN? Yet you respond to a thread on Montana, without living here, how are you minding your own business? The OP called crap "horse stuff" for crying out loud. If anything, I'm saving him from a good ol boy butt kicking should he come here asking for a job shoveling "horse stuff".

Hey magoo..............good post excellent response to the post from someone who doesn't live here and obviously hasn't done his "homework" and doesn't know "what he's talking about".

Plus, isn't it interesting that the over-all tone of his post is totally negative about Montana and our opinions regarding various existing conditions here.......and yet he wants to move here........Yea, we really need a "transplant" of his caliber

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _______________________________

Quote:

PS

p.s.s.

..The obvious lack of intelligence, reality, facts and meaningful statements in this post, put it in the catagory of not warranting further comment.............."CONSUMMATUM EST"

Old 07-27-2011, 03:51 PM

Location: Approximately 50 miles from Missoula MT/38 yrs full time after 4 yrs part time
2,293 posts, read 3,328,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WyoEagle View Post
You are right 100% on this.
.........Oh my goodness, now we hear from someone who "couldn't-'make-it'-in Montana" , and grabs every chance he can to show his unfounded bias and erroneous generalizations about a state that didn't accept him......and naturally "blame it on the state"

Old 07-27-2011, 04:16 PM

1,436 posts, read 2,918,982 times
Quote:

PS

p.s.s.

Bla, bla, bla.... All talk you are. You know nothing ! You might want to consider just staying where you are because odds are very favorable that you'll just end up right back where you are before long anyway..... with that bad attitude and all.

Old 07-27-2011, 05:06 PM

7,669 posts, read 8,958,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montana Griz View Post
.........Oh my goodness, now we hear from someone who "couldn't-'make-it'-in Montana" , and grabs every chance he can to show his unfounded bias and erroneous generalizations about a state that didn't accept him......and naturally "blame it on the state"
No, I could not make it on the low wages this state pays and I got tired of hearing people say I should be grateful to live there when people like you are all over. Also, since I'm bashing this state to people who want to move there, aren't I doing you a favor for convincing them NOT to move there? The way I see it, if someone is not moving there because of what I have said, I am doing you a favor and keeping out of staters out of your state. So maybe you should be thanking me, eh Griz?

Old 07-27-2011, 08:14 PM

11,827 posts, read 15,443,002 times
I'm an outsider from the scrabble state of West Virginia. I've sent cables to my friends inviting them to move here in droves.

We'll infest every hollow, every ramshackle cabin, move our trailers into fields.. heck- we'l even move our old appliances sitting in the yards to Montana.

You think west Coasters are bad? Just you wait.. I envision 500,000 hillbilly's running into this place, hootin' and hollering, spitting tobacco, driving their trucks and beat up cars all over Montana.

It'll be a shocker I tell you. We'll drive those property values straight down again- trust me!

Old 07-27-2011, 08:46 PM

1,436 posts, read 2,918,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threerun View Post
I'm an outsider from the scrabble state of West Virginia. I've sent cables to my friends inviting them to move here in droves.

We'll infest every hollow, every ramshackle cabin, move our trailers into fields.. heck- we'l even move our old appliances sitting in the yards to Montana.

You think west Coasters are bad? Just you wait.. I envision 500,000 hillbilly's running into this place, hootin' and hollering, spitting tobacco, driving their trucks and beat up cars all over Montana.

It'll be a shocker I tell you. We'll drive those property values straight down again- trust me!
Need help following up with any of them ? Or any of them need a hand gettin out this way ? I'm available......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or