Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2011, 09:25 PM

1,077 posts, read 2,633,045 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threerun View Post
I'm an outsider from the scrabble state of West Virginia. I've sent cables to my friends inviting them to move here in droves.

We'll infest every hollow, every ramshackle cabin, move our trailers into fields.. heck- we'l even move our old appliances sitting in the yards to Montana.

You think west Coasters are bad? Just you wait.. I envision 500,000 hillbilly's running into this place, hootin' and hollering, spitting tobacco, driving their trucks and beat up cars all over Montana.

It'll be a shocker I tell you. We'll drive those property values straight down again- trust me!

Being "hillbilly's", I'm sure they can shoot too, heck yeah, come on over. Spitting tobacco? Not a problem, just don't spit in front of the door. The louder the better, our rodeo's need spirit. The trucks will fit in and the beat up cars will make it look just like Browning! Don't think "hillbilly's are going to call crap "horse stuff".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2011, 07:22 AM

3,869 posts, read 15,171,657 times
The red text really made me think....

(sarcasm)

We have wolfs that kill cattle, dogs, cats, sheep, moose, deer etc etc. there no where near as bad as wiled dogs that just thrill kill.
A wolf will come back and eat on the carcase but you know that.
If they don't tear it apart how do you expect them to eat it.
Trying to sensationalize it with me does not work.

A friend of mine does have cattle and few are ever attacked by wolves.
The rancher or owner of any stock or domestic animals have the right to protect their property. so just shoot them and move on, S,S,S, .

sss Shoot, Shovel and Shut up

http://http://fwp.mt.gov/wildthings/wolf/population.html (http://http//fwp.mt.gov/wildthings/wolf/population.html - broken link)
it looks like your population is around 400 -500.

http://http://www.clarkforkchronicle.com/article.php/20090317225507872 (http://http//www.clarkforkchronicle.com/article.php/20090317225507872 - broken link)
About 500 wolves now inhabit Montana, equally distributed between the state's northern and southern areas, according to the 2008 annual wolf conservation and management report released today by Montana Fish, Wildlife & Parks.

http://http://www.fws.gov/midwest/wolf/aboutwolves/r3wolfrec.htm (http://http//www.fws.gov/midwest/wolf/aboutwolves/r3wolfrec.htm - broken link)
Subsequent surveys in 1997-1998 and 2003-2004 estimated the wolf population at about 2,450 and 3,020 animals, respectively. Minnesota DNR’s most recent survey in 2007-2008 estimated the state’s wolf population at about 2,921 animals.

I have lived in western states before and will again.
Mn, has part of it's state that is farther north than Montana is. fyi

I'm an Ex-Air force brat.
That is why I find this turf war to be very childish.
(we move often)

Montana has cites too, so the city slicker will also have a place to call horse crap stuff.

Last edited by snofarmer; 07-28-2011 at 07:35 AM..

Old 07-28-2011, 09:44 AM

19,758 posts, read 22,666,896 times
He may be coming.. Every buffet in Montana better shut their doors when he rolls into town..
Attached Thumbnails
Are outsiders ruining Montana?-pancakebuck.bmp  

Old 07-28-2011, 10:21 AM

6,756 posts, read 8,581,124 times
Quote:
I'm an outsider from the scrabble state of West Virginia. I've sent cables to my friends inviting them to move here in droves.

We'll infest every hollow, every ramshackle cabin, move our trailers into fields.. heck- we'l even move our old appliances sitting in the yards to Montana.

You think west Coasters are bad? Just you wait.. I envision 500,000 hillbilly's running into this place, hootin' and hollering, spitting tobacco, driving their trucks and beat up cars all over Montana.

It'll be a shocker I tell you. We'll drive those property values straight down again- trust me!
Sounds like they would fit right in with the rest of us unedikatyded hicks that have no appreciation for a foamy lattemochachino with sprinkles, consider rap to be noise, and find that BMWs don't have any room to haul a deer home from hunting camp.
If you drive down property values, maybe we can afford to buy our own homes again!!

I don't think anybody here would argue that a US Citizen doesn't have the right to move wherever they want, but bringing in a false superiority and attacking the locals for deeply held convictions and love of the state and it's traditions, well that won't endear you to any long time residents.

This is pretty much a live and let live state. We like what we have and don't want to close our roads so folks can't access national forest or public lands.
We don't like having non-indiginous invasive species introduced into our eco system that destroys our wildlife.
We like having a say in what our local government does, and not having to fight unending court battles over the placement of a comma in the law as written because the law would allow jobs into the state instead of having a couple NIMBY eco loons tie up work for years, (unless the loonie is a billionaire and can buy large amounts of shares in the operation so he can make a financial killing, then the project is fine right Mr. Mars Candy Bar?? (reference the Tounge River Railroad))

Come here with a chip on your shoulder as evidenced by one of the out of state posters, and while you can buy your land and build your home, you will never be part of the community until you decide the po' dum hicks that live around you are really people too, and not just a subject of enlightened pity as evidenced in a couple of earlier posts. Just because we don't make as much money doesn't mean we don't have the same pride in our state and accomplishments as anybody else.

Montana Griz and a couple of others here are right on the money. They walk the walk and speak from experience. That is why they set the standard for what this state needs. Involved, thinking caring individuals, not superficial ego maniacs with a delusion of superiority complex.

Lower your nose and look people in the eye. Talk to them as the equals they are. Give a little respect if you want any coming back at you, or stay home in whatever state you come from. We have enough out of state swollen heads and egos with nothing to contribute already.

Old 07-28-2011, 10:34 AM

You and I have had this discussion, but it's good for me to say this too.

I've felt the wrath of a west coast transplant when I tried to cut down some thick scrub pine brush growing under a power line right on the rear of my property line.

In WV the neighbors would thank me and bring me a beer.

She called the sheriffs departments on me and labelled me a tree murderer (and her property is largely devoid of trees ironically.

I'm not from Montana. I'm from another state. A rural state. I don't like to deal with some of these idiot types in Montana either, and I hope they GTFO. I have no time for idiots and imbeciles. She's gone sideways with me and I have a long memory. Don't p*ss people off and you won't get p*ssed on.

She's going to have a heart attack when she see's my tree stand back there and I start hanging my box of scrub racks all over the tree.

Old 07-28-2011, 11:08 AM

10,349 posts, read 13,943,865 times
We don't like having non-indiginous invasive species introduced into our eco system that destroys our wildlife.

The gray wolf is indigenous to Montana. Just because these came from Canada does not mean they are a different species. That is like saying an elk in Idaho is different from one in Montana. Also, many of the wolves in western Montana reestablished themselves from Canada in the late 80s and early 90s. If you are around Missoula that means you have wolves descended from Idaho and Montana wolves. Also wolves would go extinct if they really ate all of the game in an area. If over 2,000 wolves in Minnesota haven't wiped out deer there then 500 in Montana won't do it there. I'm not against a wolf hunting season, I'm just putting this into perspective and forgive me for going a bit off topic.

Old 07-28-2011, 11:14 AM

10,349 posts, read 13,943,865 times
Quote:
He may be coming.. Every buffet in Montana better shut their doors when he rolls into town..
What part of the state did you shoot this in?

Old 07-28-2011, 11:30 AM

583 posts, read 1,324,680 times
Wolves were indigenous to Western Europe too, a couple centuries ago. Clearly no one would try to introduce them there now. One would think the West still has enough land to figure out some sort of managed equilibrium- it's a moot point really.

Old 07-28-2011, 01:36 PM

18,700 posts, read 42,061,367 times
Yes, outsiders are ruining Montana. By outsiders, I'm talking about those that do not fit in, like the wolf. Yes, the wolves that are in Montana are outsiders.

Some people need to wake up to the facts of the wolves that are in Montana now. Obviously, a few people didn't research and have no idea what they are talking about.

Montana, Idaho and Wyoming had grey wolves and were eradicated back in the 20's. Grey wolves weighed 40-50 pounds and ranged 50-60 miles.

A few years ago, some idiot in office decided to "Reintroduce" the wolf. He failed miserably. He didn't reintroduce grey wolves, he introduced Mackenzie wolves. Yes, there is a slight different. Grey's weighed 40-50 pounds. Mackenzies weigh 130-150 pounds. Grey's range 50-60 miles. Mackenzie's range 600-700 miles.

A wolf will kill for nothing more then to train it's young. Not because it's hungry, but for training. Wolves in Minnisota??? Yeah, almost house pets. These Mackenzies aren't even close. Ask the rancher 2 years ago that lost over 100 head of sheep in one night. Think that pack of wolves was that hungry? I'm not sure what sheep are selling for these days, but no matter how you look at it, that family lost a lot of money that night.

The legislatures agreed to bring back the wolf and they would monitor the numbers and make sure the numbers were held at a particular number. They haven't done that. Those numbers are quadruple of what was agreed upon. The legislatures agreed that the wolves would be contained in a particular area. Didn't happen. Those wolves are currently 700 miles from that particular area.

Grey wolves will take down weak, slow critters. Mackenzies will take down a healthy horse. And they kill for fun. They are spreading out. Look for them coming to a neighborhood near you.

Old 07-28-2011, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WyoEagle View Post
What part of the state did you shoot this in?
Eastern Panhandle. The field we used to hunt was bordered by another field of 300 acres rotated soybean, corn, fallow, then there was 1,000 acre USDA Experimental apple orchard, 500 acre woodlot with acorn, and closeby another 1,000+ corn. Each field seperated by woodline. Stand was at the crossroad between 3 fields. Extremely productive area for whitetails, most were big bodied deer but buck racks were smallish. Only saw a handful of monster racks, but boy by the time they were 3 they were all big bodied deer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana