U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-13-2007, 08:11 PM

3 posts, read 6,927 times

Advertisements

We (two couples) are headed to Mt on vacation first week of Sept. We are going to visit glacier park, and northwest Mt. Looking for advise on good golf courses to play and maybe a even a place to go lake fishing (we believe that trout stream fly fishing would be to challenging.)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2007, 01:37 AM

510 posts, read 3,006,239 times
Eagle Bend is a must play...probably one of my favorites. I like Polson for golf also, nice course. The Whitefish course isn't bad... If you want to take a small trip about 1 hour east of Missoula, Anaconda Old Works course is pretty cool. It's a Nicholas course, and the sand traps are black slag. They are basically a very fine black powder, and you can get an extreme amount of spin on the ball...nothing beneficial there, just really entertaining. Missoula Country Club, while a basic CC course, was extremely well kept and a fun course to play 5 years ago... dunno now.

I personally could just stick with eagle bend and Polson's course and be quite happy if I was going to be stuck around the Kalispel area.

Unfortunately I don't know the fishing in that area... I spent all of my youth in the beartooths and outside of yellowstone fishing the secluded lakes.

Old 08-15-2007, 07:16 PM

Thanks for the information....Sounds like we should have a great time golfing.

Old 08-15-2007, 07:53 PM

6,023 posts, read 11,872,494 times
There are a whole bunch of lakes to fish in ranging from the huge Flathead lake to smaller low elevation forest-land lakes and all the way to the high mountain lakes. I would talk to the Montana Fish Wildlife and parks for some advice as they routinely poison some lakes to get rid of non native species and it takes a few years for the rehabilitated lake to become productive again. I mostly fish the Lower Flathead River for the Small mouth Bass from a sit-on-top kayak.
Here's a tip for ya. You don't need a Montana fishing licence to fish in Glacier National Park !

Old 08-16-2007, 07:41 PM

Thanks for the tips on fishing.

We probably will rent poles/equipment/bait since we will only get 1 day to go fishing. Are there charters/guides available?

Old 08-16-2007, 07:51 PM

22,952 posts, read 22,462,668 times
Yes, in bigfork there are a couple of charters that run flathead lake and provide what you need for the day. There are quite a few drift boat charter people around that will take you down the rivers here and you can get ahold of some at the raft companies in west glacier or I'm sure the two major sporting goods stores will have info as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or