Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2011, 05:07 PM

1,191 posts, read 3,002,709 times

Advertisements

Why do I answer a question??
Because it's there!

;-)
H.I.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2011, 05:08 PM

6,259 posts, read 14,676,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by happiness is View Post
Why do I answer a question??
Because it's there!

;-)
H.I.
You are a great help Happiness.

Old 08-16-2011, 05:29 PM

233 posts, read 543,741 times
My new motto since moving to Montana...

Montana is full, I hear North Dakota is nice.

Old 08-16-2011, 07:51 PM

8,087 posts, read 15,162,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter Greenspan View Post
When a Gentile asked Hillel, "Teach me the Torah while I stand on one foot." Hillel replied, "What is hateful to you, do not do unto others. That is the whole Torah; the rest is commentary."
Great way of explaining it!

Old 08-16-2011, 10:38 PM

1,219 posts, read 3,169,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTSilvertip View Post
..., and I also appreciate how the folks here band together when one of us is attacked, or is sick, or is suffering from a fire or flood...
Whether we like each others opinions or not, that's what it's all about!

Part of what makes it work here is the ability to "agree to disagree". Not only in the forum on here, but also in our neighborhoods and communities.

I know that if any of us ran into another during a time of hardship, that we would all pitch in... No questions asked.

Last edited by Timberwolf232; 08-16-2011 at 10:47 PM..

Old 08-17-2011, 06:49 AM

1,077 posts, read 2,633,045 times
Well said Timberwolf. No matter how frustrated or upset I get at folk's, they still deserve my respect and help when in need regardless of where they are from, who they are and what they believe in. Montana seems to bring out the best in people that's for sure. It's a gorgeous crisp morning, the rooster is crowing (may have to end that soon), I have a few extra minutes....yep, life here is good.
As to why I post here....Most of the time it's to set a bit of reality into the folks who want to move to the new promised land, which, in a few short years will become another California if Montanans allow it. I love my home state, am very defensive of it and will do what I can to protect it, not only for my children but all of the future generations. I like this forum because I can voice my opinion, leave to my job, come back and jump right back into the conversation. It's interesting to see how and what others are thinking.

Old 08-17-2011, 08:48 AM

Great posts, keep them coming.
This really puts the idea of life in Montana out there.
More than putting on a western shirt.

Old 08-18-2011, 08:35 AM

19,758 posts, read 22,666,896 times
I mainly visit the site to learn about Montana and its goings on from the folks that live here.

I keep coming back because of the friendly and helpful atmosphere. When I moved from WV to MT a little over a year ago I had to head out solo before my family. A member of this board offered to be my point of contact if anything should happen (like a breakdown, emergency etc) when crossing into Montana.

It's that type of thing that makes it worthwhile, and I hope to be able to 'pay it forward' someday.

Old 08-18-2011, 08:41 AM

Now that is an great story, I hope to keep that spirit alive here.
I enjoy your posts.

Old 08-18-2011, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by magoomafoo View Post
Well said Timberwolf. No matter how frustrated or upset I get at folk's, they still deserve my respect and help when in need regardless of where they are from, who they are and what they believe in. Montana seems to bring out the best in people that's for sure. It's a gorgeous crisp morning, the rooster is crowing (may have to end that soon), I have a few extra minutes....yep, life here is good.
As to why I post here....Most of the time it's to set a bit of reality into the folks who want to move to the new promised land, which, in a few short years will become another California if Montanans allow it. I love my home state, am very defensive of it and will do what I can to protect it, not only for my children but all of the future generations. I like this forum because I can voice my opinion, leave to my job, come back and jump right back into the conversation. It's interesting to see how and what others are thinking.
LOL on the rooster..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
View detailed profiles of: