U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-12-2011, 06:46 PM

1,573 posts, read 1,465,891 times

Advertisements

Wife and I are from Connecticut,originally NY. We just moved to CT a year ago to escape high taxes,rising crime and the crud of NY. My wifes brother and his wife moved to Kalispel 4 years ago and then my retired mother in law followed. She lives in Whitefish for the last 2 years. We finally decided to visit last week. Wow!!! What a beautiful place!!! Mountain views everywhere,clear water and clean air.....unreal! We visited Eureka,Big Fork and Glacier Park. Great times. We were sad to leave and come home. We were impressed with the areas we visited and how much better the quality of life is compared to the pushy,rat race here in NY(Where we still work).Everything here is rushed,there is trafffic everywhere,the people(not all) are rude. We found Montana to have that pure,unmolested feel that so many states have lost. I was impressed that the cities we visited were not taken over by gangs and hip-hop music ghetto type kids like NY is. Not all places in NY are like that but its getting worse.Once we landed in NY and saw all the traffic and the rude people,my wife and I just looked at each other and could not wait to make the hour drive back into CT. We live in a beautiful town in and our backyard is a farm.....but it didnt compare to the scenery we saw in Montana. Maybe one day,we can retire there. Just wanted to say that we loved our visit and your beautiful state.You should be proud!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2011, 06:59 PM

6,713 posts, read 6,125,680 times
I concur. I'd been to Montana 20 years ago, and went up there this summer to escape 100 degree heat.

Got to see some parts I had not seen before. Looking forward to hitting the Flathead/Glacier area on my next visit which I hope will be real soon.

Old 09-12-2011, 07:04 PM

432 posts, read 598,624 times
I saw Whitefish, Montana on HGTV tonight on the real estate show. It looked absolutely beautiful.

Old 09-12-2011, 08:00 PM

1,573 posts, read 1,465,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
I saw Whitefish, Montana on HGTV tonight on the real estate show. It looked absolutely beautiful.
There was another couple from Whitefish on House Hunters also a few weeks ago. They have a business in Whitefish called the Red Caboose that sells coffee and frozen yogurt. We stopped in there last week to visit.

Old 09-12-2011, 08:30 PM

1,191 posts, read 2,565,295 times
I'm glad you enjoyed the visit!

H.I.

Old 09-12-2011, 09:11 PM

4,023 posts, read 4,719,093 times
Montana is a huge state with a small population for the size of the state. It's a gorgeous part of the USA! My girl goes to school in Missoula and really likes it. The area around Flathead is very pretty. Glad that you had a nice time!

Old 10-14-2011, 01:46 PM

4,126 posts, read 2,447,184 times
We are lucky

Old 10-18-2011, 11:11 AM

6 posts, read 14,108 times
Default We agree from CT also

We have family in Great Falls and this last time I dreaded coming back to the East Coast. We are heading back out in January so the family can experience the winter and we can interview schools and such.

My wife telecommutes so work is no problem (unless she lost her job) for her just a fast internet connection and I am a CVU/CCU nurse so work will be no problem for me.

Concerns are schooling for my son and just plain old "Change".

Can't shand the constant rushing around, traffic and you taking your life in your hands everytime time you leave your house and drive your car. Where is everyone going and what is the big rush?????
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana