U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2006, 05:15 PM

529 posts, read 1,728,819 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatWrangler View Post
We made it here! We are unpacked for the most part. Still missing a box of gloves, hats and scarves. Not good! LOL

So far we really love it here. We have seen more animals here than we have in a long, long time. Pheasant, deer etc.

Where in Colorado are you considering? We lived on the front range. (Lakewood, Castle Rock, Colorado Springs).
All I'd like to say is... Welcome Home

We're glad you finally made it.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2006, 11:52 AM

462 posts, read 1,527,470 times
Default How are you adjusting to cold winters??

Katwrangler, Hope you are adjusting ok to the cold in Bozeman. How's that going for you? Have you had experience driving in snow before?

I'm hoping some of you newbies to this board will have a chance to read at least some of this thread so you have an idea of what you are getting into.

Well, I'm off to go drive over the icy/snowpacked pass to Butte....

Old 01-07-2007, 06:01 AM

4 posts, read 11,282 times
i am getting ready to move to butte,my daughter lives there, i am a virginia, souther born girl, and i wanted to know, what you think of the butte area?? i read some of the other post, but i saw that you are montanaman and i assume that means, born and raised there?? i have always thought that montana would be a peacefull, friendly place, easy going and laid back, is it?? what about the cost of living, is it expensive, such as rents and groceries?? utilities?? thanks in advance for all you can tell me about your beautiful state, and have a great day, linda gayle email is happivagirl56@aol.com

i am a virginia girl, well, woman,lol and will be moving to butte in the spring, my daughter lives there, and wondered, if you had to pick something that was a downfall to that area, what would it be?? i know its cold there, but i like cold, how about things to do?? how about the rental cost and the prices of groceries, i understand that gas is higher. please send me all of your views on butte, it would mean a lot to me, being alone, i have to live with my decisions, i want to make the right one. you all have a great day now, linda gayle

Last edited by Marka; 01-07-2007 at 06:45 AM.. Reason: merged

Old 01-07-2007, 12:01 PM

Default ???'s about Butte

There has been a ton written here on this subject so rather than starting all from scratch, why don't you read all of these posts on this thread:
Questions about Butte

gas prices have dropped here twice in the last week or so. Yesterday I saw it at $2.21/gallon in Whitehall.

Old 01-07-2007, 07:03 PM

737 posts, read 2,840,101 times
$2.21 It's still 2.60 here

Old 01-08-2007, 06:31 PM

Well, now it's down to $2.18!

Old 01-08-2007, 06:48 PM

I'll fill up on my way home from work in the morning. I'll check to see if it's gone down.

Old 01-29-2007, 07:00 PM

Default gas prices

We are now finally below $2.00 a gallon. $1.98 in Whitehall but it sure took a while to get there.

Old 01-29-2007, 07:39 PM

We are at right around $2.30 for regular.

Old 01-30-2007, 12:48 PM

495 posts, read 365,140 times
Default My Advice

My advice to anyone thinking about moving to Montana is ...DON'T.
Now let me add a few caviots. If your job has been transfered here, you are returning due to family reason, etc ...than great and welcome. I have no problem with people moving here in what I would say is a nature course of events. But we have far to many people moving here just because the want someplace else to live....If you are just moving here because you want someplace else to live that you perceive as nice....well DON"T come here.....
"Why shouldn't I move there you are saying?" now right...Let me explain, if you are just moving here for let's call it the beauty, quality life, outdoors etc. there is no reason to move to Montana, there are other places that will offer you that much and more, places that aren't being over-run with influxes of people. Montana as you know has been on a downward slide for years now, ugly sprawl, traffic, you know the story. Sure there are still remote parts of the state, but the problem is everyone seems to be crowding into the same places and valleys. And in the process just ruining all the reasons they moved here in the first place. So why would you want to be a part of that and contribute to it, and don't be fooled montana's are getting an attitude on new comers, how could they not with what's happened, you can't blame them, when their own children can't afford to buy the house down the street anymore.
Anyway do yourself a favor, do us a favor, find yourself a nice place to live that fits your dream, but don't find it here. All this growth has only caused us more and more problems. And they will be your problems too if you come here, make no mistake about it, more and more people coming here is the root cause of just about all our problems.
I do wish you well in finding a better place to live. But we will all be better off if we, well let's just say..."spread out a bit", not try to all crowd into our already crowded valleys here in Montana. As I've said there are other nice places, you know beauty just doesn't stop at the Montana border. So find those nice places, move there, where sprawl isn't a problem, you probably find the people there more opened to you too, because they don't see you as a thread or part of a problem.....Not to mention that the you will be paying alot less, and I do mean A LOT less, to buy a place in those yet still undiscovered places. There out there, and they still are what Montana used to be like.
So save Montana and move somewhere else and we'll all live a better life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or