Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2011, 10:17 AM

213 posts, read 695,429 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtndiva22 View Post
HATE THESE CALI LAWS CANT EVEN HAVE A GUN OR SMOKE ON THE BEACH OR WALK AROUND THE BEACH SMOKING OR ELSE GET A TICKET WITH A BIG BIG FINE,
Well, Montana doesn't have beaches, but you'll find a lot of laws regarding smoking in the woods, especially in the summer when we're under fire restrictions. We really frown on behaviors that can start forest fires, and smoking is one of those. There was also another recent thread about smoking in Montana, and how difficult it can be to find a rental that allows smoking, so you'll need to be prepared to be very cold when you're forced to go outside to smoke when it's well below zero.

If smoker's freedoms are a high priority for you, I don't think Montana is what you're looking for. Maybe you should consider the southeast part of the country, which has traditionally been the "tobacco belt".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2011, 05:43 PM

1,219 posts, read 3,162,570 times
MSU just banned smoking and even chewing tobacco on campus, even in your own car.. The California "legislate everything under the sun" trend has now hit in Bozeman Montana. There is no personal freedom anymore, unless you want to express it on your iPhone or blog, so long as you are not a smoker. It's still OK to get wasted drunk though. So long as you are not offending anyone, and even if you do, it's ok because you were drunk. If you were smoking tobacco?? Well then you might need to spend some time in jail.

Old 10-07-2011, 11:46 PM

Location: Approximately 50 miles from Missoula MT/38 yrs full time after 4 yrs part time
2,308 posts, read 4,109,798 times
Default .......Big Sky Country.......

...Just got an E Mail from a friend of mine..............................

He says: " Just finished a 3 day drive around central Montana.
If you know of anyone looking for a place to move to that is uncrowded, quiet, not much traffic and has some reasonable rentals..............try checking out either Ingomar or Sumatra."

Sounds interesting and just might be very representative of what :Big Sky Country is all about.

Just thought I'd 'pass-it-on!.

Old 10-13-2011, 06:30 AM

6 posts, read 9,240 times
thanks for your suggestions mtndiva22

Old 10-13-2011, 06:41 AM

6 posts, read 9,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bongo403 View Post
Well, Montana doesn't have beaches, but you'll find a lot of laws regarding smoking in the woods, especially in the summer when we're under fire restrictions. We really frown on behaviors that can start forest fires, and smoking is one of those. There was also another recent thread about smoking in Montana, and how difficult it can be to find a rental that allows smoking, so you'll need to be prepared to be very cold when you're forced to go outside to smoke when it's well below zero.

If smoker's freedoms are a high priority for you, I don't think Montana is what you're looking for. Maybe you should consider the southeast part of the country, which has traditionally been the "tobacco belt".
well i do understand the schools about smoking but darn if they want to sit in there own car and have a cig, so what thats crazy, but as for smoking in the woods, i also live in the mountains up in big bear , calif we frown on people coming up and smoke throw there cig butts out i take pictures of there car, lic plate if there is a fire i can provide the car/person who mighta caused the fire, we get alerts up on our mtn regarding fire dangers, and only when the flat landdrss come up, and party and camp and throw there trash out in the street, i pull over and pick up there trash for animals dont go out in the street to get food, i we respect our mtn and our wildlife up here and i smoke but i smoke with caution and am not a sloppy smoker been smoking for 38 years and never caused a fire or burn anything.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana