U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2007, 07:03 PM

68 posts, read 202,055 times

Advertisements

JoeJoeMan,
You got that right.
It does remind one of old Montana. Thar aint nothing like the beautiful site
of rusting, leaking , hulks, piled high on every square inch of a "Native Montanans" personal garbage dump, framing the evening sun, setting over the Bitteroots on a clear evening. Its just so human.......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2007, 07:17 PM

2 posts, read 5,458 times
I live in Helena, Montana which is the capital. I am from Butte, Montana. I was born in Butte and lived there until I was 19 then I moved to Helena. I love living in this great state. My boyfriend and I take our 2 dogs into the mountains every chance we get. We are only 30 minutes from a lake and it is wonderful.

Old 08-29-2007, 11:01 PM

6 posts, read 15,536 times
There's always going to be someone claiming more "nativeness" then the next guy. Heck, I read an editorial in the local paper last year stating that the only true Montanans left are the rural folks (I live on the Hi-line). It's all silly.

I agree with the comments about the developments though, it's sad to drive in to any of the larger cities in Montana and see all the little clumps of McMansions five or ten miles outside of town. The hatred of regulation is what makes Montana an interesting place, but it's also what allows these ugly blights on the land. I think the state is allergic to land-use laws.

Old 08-29-2007, 11:45 PM

495 posts, read 365,350 times
rickers wrote:
Picasa Web Albums - Rick - Jessie Harris... (broken link)

what a mess, but it still looks alot better than a new housing developement or you might say that that is nothing to compared to the giant mess they call Reserve St in Missoula, now that's are real disaster, and rt 93 complete with traffic fatalities on a regular basis.
I'll take those junk piles any day. Nothing like a good junk pile to keep the rich-riff-raff-foo-foos from moving into the neighborhood. Afterall who wants to put their trophy McMansion in next to a pile of crap like that - god bless those good ol' Fred Sanford type Montana natives. power to the people

Old 08-30-2007, 07:19 AM

6,023 posts, read 11,877,890 times
The reserve street project was outdated before it was compleated. Someday it may be an elevated freeway and it will still be crowded !
What the world really needs a good old fashoned plague that wipes out 90 percent of the world population !
Oh come on, I'm just kidding !

Old 08-30-2007, 10:03 AM

79 posts, read 232,511 times
We built out in the country.Not to many neighbors at the time all woods.
Then everything started selling land and building around us.A family down the road has built a home and turned it into one of the dumpiest places you can imagine. Crap everywhere.
Chickens ,old cars , car parts etc. We call it the city dump or the chicken coop peoples house.
That would be fine for them if it didnt effect all of the rest of us. Three people have their land up for sell now cos they dont want to live next to that .
They cant sell. All anyone does is look at that place and no sell. But at the same time a big developer has bought the hill behind us and putting in a fancy gated
community. Our taxes keep going up and up and up. Its a real delema. A junk whole on the corner DOES hurt the neighbors .JMHO

Last edited by Debee; 08-30-2007 at 11:23 AM..

Old 08-30-2007, 11:05 AM

47 posts, read 183,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arleigh-20 View Post
JoeJoeMan,
You got that right.
It does remind one of old Montana. Thar aint nothing like the beautiful site
of rusting, leaking , hulks, piled high on every square inch of a "Native Montanans" personal garbage dump, framing the evening sun, setting over the Bitteroots on a clear evening. Its just so human.......
I normaly don't get involved in the local vs outsider argument, but if you think the junk is such an eyesore...move!!! Besides, the junk isn't that plentiful, and I would rather spend a split second passing by it then I would listen to someone complain about it for ten minutes.

Old 08-30-2007, 12:19 PM

22,952 posts, read 22,476,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcbmontana View Post
I normaly don't get involved in the local vs outsider argument, but if you think the junk is such an eyesore...move!!! Besides, the junk isn't that plentiful, and I would rather spend a split second passing by it then I would listen to someone complain about it for ten minutes.
Ah, but as the post said, they CAN'T because no one will buy next to the eyesore so where does that leave them?

Old 08-30-2007, 01:34 PM

1,309 posts, read 2,552,486 times
most of the homes in our immediate area are what i guess you would call high,middle ,and lower income. a mix off native and longtime montanans.but having a dumpy house,DOES effect your neighbors property values,rich or poor,sooner or later you mite want to sale.the one house down the hills, whole front yard is things the guy has gone dumpster diving for and stuck in his front yard. you may laugh but we all see him waiting at the dump for the next load he can plow into. .dumpyness aside,what about the rats and fire hazard of a place like that.

Old 08-30-2007, 01:35 PM

1,309 posts, read 2,552,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
Ah, but as the post said, they CAN'T because no one will buy next to the eyesore so where does that leave them?
Exactly
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana