Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2007, 08:21 PM

22,974 posts, read 26,996,167 times

Advertisements

There was a segment that was at least 15 minutes long about Montana and how great the area is, especially around Yellowstone. Matt and it looked like Tom Brokaw showed video of fishing, snow mobiling the mountains etc. And people here wonder why there is such an influx of people.......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2007, 08:41 PM

115 posts, read 335,671 times
I hope they didn't mention around the Yellowstone area...ewww.. damn. that's where I live.

Though I wouldn't consider Gardiner a nice town.. lol

But Pray and Emigrant ...very pretty ranching areas.

Old 08-31-2007, 10:37 AM

495 posts, read 492,601 times
There goes the neighborhood

Yea these people never seem to get tired of doing stuff like this. You would think if you lived somewhere nice for all the obvious reasons of not being over-crowed, you certainly wouldn't want to advertise it to the world.
I can only imagine the likes of these people own lots of realestate in the area and are looking at making a fortune on it. My assumption is that they live there for the love of money, not the love of the land of which they are busy doing everything to ruin.

Old 08-31-2007, 10:46 AM

I do believe Brokaw has a "ranch" by Yellowstone.

Old 09-01-2007, 09:59 PM

Location: I live in Ronan, MT but am stationed in Virginia Beach
290 posts, read 690,138 times
You know what Tom said when the segment was ending? He said right after he mentiond the citys of Bozmen and Billings and maybe missoula I can't remember, but he said that we were going to be pissed that he even utterd our towns names, and he was right I was very pissed when he said that, because he knows what we are going through, and it's like he didn't even give a $h1t.

Old 09-02-2007, 05:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielRead View Post
You know what Tom said when the segment was ending? He said right after he mentiond the citys of Bozmen and Billings and maybe missoula I can't remember, but he said that we were going to be pissed that he even utterd our towns names, and he was right I was very pissed when he said that, because he knows what we are going through, and it's like he didn't even give a $h1t.
He didn't, it doesn't affect him at all....anything for a story. But on the up side he didn't mention the flathead!

Old 09-02-2007, 03:43 PM

462 posts, read 1,706,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
There was a segment that was at least 15 minutes long about Montana and how great the area is, especially around Yellowstone. Matt and it looked like Tom Brokaw showed video of fishing, snow mobiling the mountains etc. And people here wonder why there is such an influx of people.......
The segment on the Today Show was part of a multi part story on a count down of the top 10 awe inspiring places in the country and this was #3 on the list going from 10 to 1, Yellowstone National Park. It was NOT about Montana but about the history of the park and then there was an additional segment on the Yellowstone wolves. The fishing segments were done in the park and if you know anything about the park, you would know that only about 3% of the park is actually IN MONTANA! He also mentioned he travels to all 4 corners of the park every year as well as visits to Jackson Hole and Cody, WY. When he was signing off, he said he mostly spends time around Bozeman and Livingston which is close to where he has a ranch.

Geez people, give it a rest.....and get your stories straight.

Old 09-02-2007, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyflyfsh View Post
The segment on the Today Show was part of a multi part story on a count down of the top 10 awe inspiring places in the country and this was #3 on the list going from 10 to 1, Yellowstone National Park. It was NOT about Montana but about the history of the park and then there was an additional segment on the Yellowstone wolves. The fishing segments were done in the park and if you know anything about the park, you would know that only about 3% of the park is actually IN MONTANA! He also mentioned he travels to all 4 corners of the park every year as well as visits to Jackson Hole and Cody, WY. When he was signing off, he said he mostly spends time around Bozeman and Livingston which is close to where he has a ranch.

Geez people, give it a rest.....and get your stories straight.
I'm sorry, I only tuned in and out of the segment and didn't watch the other ones so I had no way of knowing it was a "series".
Pardon my mistake, I shall now go to my room and contemplate my error.

Old 09-02-2007, 05:15 PM

1,153 posts, read 4,557,015 times
If Yellowstone was #3, does anyone know what numbers 4-10 were?

Old 09-02-2007, 07:21 PM

1,396 posts, read 3,440,520 times
Here is the video of Tom Brokow for #3 in the series America the Beautiful, just under 9 minutes. MSNBC Video
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana