Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-18-2011, 12:30 PM

52 posts, read 79,635 times

Advertisements

Considering that there are tons of relocation questions and threads on here I have a somewhat unofficial poll that I would like to know the results if possible.

1. Have you ever asked for relocation info and if yes did you make the move to Montana?
2. What problems did you have adjusting to the move?
3. Do you have any regrets?

I am really curious as to how many people actually go through the relocation process.

Thank you in advance for your honesty.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2011, 07:02 PM

233 posts, read 543,649 times
You can take a look at my previous posts as I used this board quite a bit to supplement our relocation questions.

To answer your questions.....

1) Yes and Yes. We explored every city on our list and settled in the location that best met our needs and wants.

2) None so far, but this is our 6th relocation and 13th household move and many of our earlier problems have been learned and subsequently prevented through experience and wisdom. That wisdom was gained through serious research on each new location well prior to each move. Most of those moves were long before the internet.

3) No regrets. Life is too short for regrets. Make a decision, move forward, readjust as necessary but never sit crying in front of any obstacle. Breech, go over, or go around...just continue moving forward!

Roam (and roam well). Best of success!

Last edited by Geo Roam; 12-18-2011 at 07:09 PM.. Reason: spelling

Old 12-19-2011, 12:35 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,357,132 times
Relocation info? I found an apartment on CL. When moving to a larger metro, I relied on CD folks for general information about the area.
Problems adjusting? None. I move alot.
Regrets? None. Just move forward. If this move does not work out, the next one will.

Old 12-19-2011, 04:50 PM

Thank you both for the reply. I guess where I was going with this was out of how many people that ask for relocation info do they end up moving to Montana or do they stay put. I asked questions a yr ago and I have yet to make my move for one reason or another.

Old 12-23-2011, 12:18 PM

13 posts, read 23,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alaska961 View Post
Considering that there are tons of relocation questions and threads on here I have a somewhat unofficial poll that I would like to know the results if possible.

1. Have you ever asked for relocation info and if yes did you make the move to Montana?
2. What problems did you have adjusting to the move?
3. Do you have any regrets?

I am really curious as to how many people actually go through the relocation process.

Thank you in advance for your honesty.
1. Yes and Yes I am moving on the day after Christmas !
2. I have yet to find out !
3. No I wont, Because it cant be as bad as were I am now.

Old 12-24-2011, 01:46 PM

Location: Approximately 50 miles from Missoula MT/38 yrs full time after 4 yrs part time
2,308 posts, read 4,121,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alaska961 View Post
...................... I guess where I was going with this was out of how many people that ask for relocation info do they end up moving to Montana or do they stay put.

................Hey Alaska961..................

I've never asked for any info as related to relocation to MT......(I moved here full time almost 33 years ago, and had been frequenting this area many times in the previous 4 years.)

However, I understand your question and I also am courious as to what percentage of those who have asked "questions" related to potentially moving to MT and/or asking specific questions about specific areas or cities, have actually ended up making the move.

After reading countless Threads & Posts (about moving to MT etc) on this forum for approx 4 1/2 years........................I would guess, and I repeat 'guess', that approx "1 out of 25" actually make the move..........AND at least half of those folks 'move back out of Montana' within the next 12 months.

Just my opinion.............................

Old 12-24-2011, 03:56 PM

Degra keep me posted on your move...I am very curious.

Montana Griz,
I kinda figured that the number would be low for one reason or another. I plan on being that 1% that makes it there AND stays!

Old 12-29-2011, 11:55 AM

38 posts, read 78,644 times
Yes, and not yet.

I have asked for information from different cities, mainly dealing with work and people. We have not made the move yet because my husband hasn't landed the job..yet. He will, I just know it. The company has been put on hold, but he hasnt been told no and they're keeping him updated with things.

We did, however fly up to visit the area we're wanting to move to. Drove all around, went to regular places..just seeing how people and the place was. We're moving to Billings. When all these ducks decide to get in a row, we'll be there asap and to stay.

We moved away from our home, being born and raised in MS and up and left to Texas, and have been here for almost 6 years, and have no problem with just up and moving to MT. Dream about it daily!

Old 12-30-2011, 08:18 PM

6,259 posts, read 14,674,687 times
Nope, just try to give out info as is available.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana