Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2010, 12:06 PM

2,884 posts, read 5,627,284 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gman2007 View Post
I've been through there a couple times in the last few years and I'm sure there is much less now than there was in the 50's! One can't say Opheim without mentioning Granrud's!

Granrud's Lefse Shack - Home-Made Style Norwegian Lefse - Gifts, Aprons, T-Shirts, Sweatshirts, Caps - Opheim, Montana

Also founds some pics of the old pics of the base:

Photos of Opheim AFS, MT
I enjoyed the pictures of the AFS. Were you stationed thee is 1966...?
We knew some people on the base and visited it several times. I would love to find someone that still lives in the area and get a great photo set like you provided, of what the town looks like now.
I have always wanted to visit the town again, but to travel from So Calif just to see what's left of the town would be a stretch..! This summer we are going to visit relatives in my old home town in So Dakota, and then travel from S.D. to Billings, Montana, where my wife was born and raised. I figured it's the best chance I will ever get to stop by Opheim, so I will gladly go a few hours out of my way to take a peek..!
I've tried to locate some of my old classmates, but haven't had any luck. With only a few people in my class, that cuts down the odds of contact..!
I have gone on the school web site, but that isn't very good as far as information. So if anyone has any contacts in that area, I would love to hear from them... Thanks for the feedback....
Gary.... bunnellyl@aol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2010, 04:49 PM

3 posts, read 13,597 times
WE have been thinking of the
glasgow area also. Live in the Puget Sound area. need to get out of this zoo, you can't afford to live in a tent around here.Would like any info on the Glasgow area. Thx

Old 06-18-2010, 01:11 AM

My wife and I just bought a condo in St Marie, Our new retirement home. We currently live in Western WA. sout hof Seattle . Can't wait to get out of this zoo. We dealt with Jon @ the Helland Agency,I found jon to be very honest&straight forward. If you are thinking of a move,it is worth a trip over to check things out. We were both raised in Puyallup Wa. when the pop. was under 10,000. Now the same pop explosion is happening in Graham where we now live.

Old 06-18-2010, 05:41 PM

6,259 posts, read 14,635,357 times
Congratulations, come by the let's visit thread and introduce yourself. Others may be able to give you pointers.

Old 08-05-2010, 10:35 PM

We live in Graham, just closed a deal on a St. Marie condo. Delt with Jon savingon of Glasgow realty. Will be making a run next week to do a color change and unload some STUFF. All the folks we have delt with were top notch. In my opinion couldn't ask for nicer folks. I really hope nothing changes over there. As far as property appreciation, sure it will be less than other areas, but with the economic situation you're lucky to have any positive value at all. We just went $100000 backwards over here in Graham. Can't wait to out of this zoo

Old 01-27-2011, 12:24 PM

1 posts, read 4,134 times
I see this thread goes way back to 2007. But having a dear friend with her son move to glasgow and buy a super reasonable priced condo on their tiny budget I'd say this is a blessing. It's a fantastic condo with 4 bedrooms and all hardwood floors in great condition under 20,000. Now I know it's not an investment situation. They are survivors like many people these days in the USA. So being able to make their mortgage or buy outright and then pay taxes on a lower assessed property oh yeah they will make it. Resell maybe in years to come but for now they have a group of support system and it's only 17 miles to Glasgow. And yes windy and yes cold and yes a tad off the normal grid. BUT IT IS MONTANA folks. And railroad is not too far away. You could do lots of self employment at home businesses. Really do I need to do all the work for you? Every place I've ever lived in CO, IA, MT, even New Jersey not to mention visited TX, CA, NY, ILL, MO, etc. there are really bad looking run down falling apart areas. And not to mention the fantastic old falling down barns that makes for some fantastic pictures. You can bike with the aging bikers in St. Marie. The dooms day people shame on your negativity. Shame on your depressive messages. When our nation has a whole lot of people hurting and there is a place for HOPE and Safety and circle of friends and good folks what is wrong with you.

Old 07-29-2011, 07:27 AM

1 posts, read 3,854 times
Not sure if anyone is still following this thread... but if you are... I would love some info on the Condo Association and Village Association... I have read conflicting things from no fee to $130/ month. I am also looking for what the restrictive covenants might be through these associations... looking to move to escape and be free, not bow down to some crazy association... please do not post the negatives of the area as far a run down, I've seen the pictures I know it's straight from life after people, and I know it's isolated, sounds like heaven to me... well at least the isolation the run down part can only be fixed by people... and I'm looking to fix at least one unit! ;-) please help if you have any info!

Old 07-30-2011, 09:41 AM

Hello, not from there but at least on your side of the state.
I would contact the realtor for the HOA CCRs.
One important question would be who is responsible for snow removal. These units are off the main highway and the access road. I have heard of some folks having to contract it out.
Good luck, live your dream...we did.

Old 07-30-2011, 09:52 AM

15 posts, read 86,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaUSMC View Post
Not sure if anyone is still following this thread... but if you are... I would love some info on the Condo Association and Village Association... I have read conflicting things from no fee to $130/ month. I am also looking for what the restrictive covenants might be through these associations... looking to move to escape and be free, not bow down to some crazy association... please do not post the negatives of the area as far a run down, I've seen the pictures I know it's straight from life after people, and I know it's isolated, sounds like heaven to me... well at least the isolation the run down part can only be fixed by people... and I'm looking to fix at least one unit! ;-) please help if you have any info!
My suggestion would be to cal the condo association itself.
C-TERI Properties, LLC - Condo St. Marie, Montana

St Marie Condominium Association

PO Box 104, Saint Marie, MT 59231
(406) 524-3337

Last edited by Copeseticlady; 07-30-2011 at 10:01 AM.. Reason: addition

Old 07-30-2011, 11:56 AM

Great link, I think you will help alot of folks here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana