Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2012, 06:20 AM

189 posts, read 335,671 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WyoEagle View Post
And how do all of these non-criminals go to prison? Are cops just going around and arresting people for no reason? Somehow I don't believe that.
Either you really don't understand what I mean, or you are pretending to be stupid. Look up the phrases "mala en se" and "mala prohibita".

Most of what cops do is go around harassing people to generate revenue. Amazing how some things never really change:

Quote:
He has erected a multitude of New Offices, and sent hither swarms of Officers to harass our people and eat out their substance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2012, 11:23 AM

2,136 posts, read 2,312,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klapton View Post
Either you really don't understand what I mean, or you are pretending to be stupid. Look up the phrases "mala en se" and "mala prohibita".

Most of what cops do is go around harassing people to generate revenue. Amazing how some things never really change:
Wow, nearly 48 years on this earth and as a citizen of the USA, I have never had that experience. I have never been approached or cited by a LEO without cause or reason.

Old 03-29-2012, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK76 View Post
Wow, nearly 48 years on this earth and as a citizen of the USA, I have never had that experience. I have never been approached or cited by a LEO without cause or reason.
I would also bet that you are not a minority.

And I would also bet that you have most certainly HAVE been approached or cited by an LEO without having actually HARMED another human being in any way.

Did you bother to look up those phrases you quoted?

Old 03-29-2012, 12:40 PM

1,077 posts, read 2,632,809 times
Quote:

And I would also bet that you have most certainly HAVE been approached or cited by an LEO without having actually HARMED another human being in any way.

The problem is that most minorities, when picked up, stopped, arrested or questioned scream "Racism". White people can't really pull that card. That being said, I think the reason N/A have more "problems" than the rest of us here in Montana. Just look at most reservations, family dynamics, drug and alcohol use on reservations, drop out rates ect....What do you expect? Of course the crime rate is going to be higher but they don't need to cry racism over everything.

Old 03-29-2012, 12:58 PM

Quote:

I did look up the phrases YOU quoted, I do not see the relevance, or you do not understand them. If a person causes harm then a LEO has cause and reason to confront the perpetrator and make an arrest( if warranted), regardless of race.

Why do you continue attempts to make this a debate about "victimless" crime ?

Old 03-29-2012, 01:19 PM

Quote:
I did look up the phrases YOU quoted, I do not see the relevance, or you do not understand them. If a person causes harm then a LEO has cause and reason to confront the perpetrator and make an arrest( if warranted), regardless of race.

Why do you continue attempts to make this a debate about "victimless" crime ?
Because victimless crimes ARE disproportionately prosecuted against poor people and minorities. They ARE targetted for harassment by LEOs far more often than whites. They are easier targets. They are less likely to have access to decent legal counsel.

How pervasive this problem may or may not be in Montana, I don't know. That's why I'm reading the thread in the first place. But any time someone starts talking about "crime" rates, I question the entire thing, because it is my opinion that the vast majority of people being fed to the prison-industrial complex should not even be there.

I have kept this up, because the other poster played dumb as if he didn't know what I was talking about.

Old 03-29-2012, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Because victimless crimes ARE disproportionately prosecuted against poor people and minorities. They ARE targetted for harassment by LEOs far more often than whites. They are easier targets.

Based on what ?

They are less likely to have access to decent legal counsel.

"They" have the same access to legal counsel as any citizen.

How pervasive this problem may or may not be in Montana, I don't know. That's why I'm reading the thread in the first place. But any time someone starts talking about "crime" rates, I question the entire thing, because it is my opinion that the vast majority of people being fed to the prison-industrial complex should not even be there.

Based on what ?

I have kept this up, because the other poster played dumb as if he didn't know what I was talking about.
I am curious to learn what evidence you have that will discredit the judicial system and law enforcement agencies of this country.

Old 03-29-2012, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klapton

Because victimless crimes ARE disproportionately prosecuted against poor people and minorities. They ARE targetted for harassment by LEOs far more often than whites. They are easier targets.

Based on what ?

You can start here: FBI — Uniform Crime Reports

Minorities go to prison more than whites for the same "crimes." Minorities imprisoned for drug offenses FAR outnumber whites, even though there is no evidence that minorities use drugs more than whites. And even if they did, it's nobody's damned business unless and until they actually violate the life, liberty, or property of another human being.

Quote:
Quote:

They are less likely to have access to decent legal counsel.

"They" have the same access to legal counsel as any citizen.

If you mean they have the same access to really crappy legal counsel provided by the State, that's true. People with money can get a REAL lawyer.

Quote:

Based on what ?

Based on principles of Liberty and self-ownership. The pot smoker does not belong in prison any more than the raw milk drinker or the interracial marrier or any other countless "laws" that have existed in human history that were complete BS.

As for discrediting LE agencies of this country, take a look at Injustice Everywhere . You'll find a daily listing of stories of police abuse and courts giving them slaps on the wrist. The police and judicial system exist to protect THE STATE. They do NOT exist to protect the rights of individuals.

There's more than enough bad cops and crappy court rulings out there to make any sane person wonder who the F these people actually "protect and serve". They protect and serve THEMSELVES - their power, their control, their budget-share, and their spot at the tax trough.

Old 03-29-2012, 03:56 PM

Well, you have me very confused. First you say that statistics should not be believed, then you cite statistics when I inquired as to your basis. It seems as though you accept statistics when they suit your needs, but eschew them when they do not.

A REAL lawyer ? Any who pass the BAR according to the state in which they take the examination is a REAL lawyer. Or is this another aspect you believe is suspect ? As to affordability, I am a middle-aged married man with a home and a few other "assets" and I am not sure I can afford a lawyer outside of "Public Defender" status if I were to be so damn stupid as to to commit a crime and need one.

Corruption, abuse, discrimnation, neglect, etc... are maladies of human nature, as long as humans have existed so has injustice.

The VAST majority of people in this country and across the planet have been able to avoid being subjected to incarceration for good reason, they are generaly good people and understand that society as a whole must live within certain boundries, like them or not. If enough people agree to change a boundry it is done, history has proven that countless times.

As to the Constitution of the United States, read my first post on this thread, it should give you an understanding of how I feel about it.

Vote every chance you get, contact your Senators, Representatives and Congress-people and voice your concerns.

Old 03-29-2012, 03:58 PM

10,349 posts, read 13,940,699 times
Quote:

In my nearly 31 years I have never had a cop harass me. Why? Because I don't break the law. Period.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana