Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2012, 04:00 PM

82 posts, read 200,716 times

Advertisements

Some of you may remember me from a year and a half ago. I was soliciting questions for a possible job in Hamilton with Ravalli County. I interviewed with the County again recently, and just accepted a position earlier this week! So now the content of my old "Possible Job in Hamilton" thread is re-validated We will be visiting next weekend, looking for an apartment, and my wife is still interested in exploring childcare job opportunities. This time, though, we will not be considering a commute, and plan to stay in town.

Does anyone have any ideas on reasonable, current apartment options in the $450 to $600 range, and what areas of town are preferred? We are 31 and 30, with no children. We're not into the partying lifestyle, and plan to become active in a local church after moving as well.

Thank you again for any help, and we look forward to the visit and subsequent move! I am eager to get back to work, and Hamilton has us excited!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2012, 05:38 PM

1,191 posts, read 3,002,512 times
I don't have apartment information, but your wife can get info to be licensed as a home child care provider through the Montana State Health And Human Services. Home child care providers take care of children in their own home and go through training (CPR, first aid, etc.) and on site safety requirements of your home.

Department of Public Health and Human Services -Child Care

Hope that helps,

H.I.
Bozeman

Old 01-20-2012, 08:33 PM

Thanks for the info! My wife has actually been planning to do just that when we're ready to move up to a house setting.

We'll check out the website. Much appreciated!

Old 01-20-2012, 09:30 PM

Location: Approximately 50 miles from Missoula MT/38 yrs full time after 4 yrs part time
2,308 posts, read 4,122,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogueYak View Post
Some of you may remember me from a year and a half ago. I was soliciting questions for a possible job in Hamilton with Ravalli County. I interviewed with the County again recently, and just accepted a position earlier this week! So now the content of my old "Possible Job in Hamilton" thread is re-validated We will be visiting next weekend, looking for an apartment, and my wife is still interested in exploring childcare job opportunities. This time, though, we will not be considering a commute, and plan to stay in town.

Does anyone have any ideas on reasonable, current apartment options in the $450 to $600 range, and what areas of town are preferred? We are 31 and 30, with no children. We're not into the partying lifestyle, and plan to become active in a local church after moving as well.

Thank you again for any help, and we look forward to the visit and subsequent move! I am eager to get back to work, and Hamilton has us excited!
......The local newspaper is the: Ravalli Republic. It is available on line.

It has a "Rentals" catagory in the classified.

...ravallirepublic.com

Old 01-20-2012, 11:15 PM

19,757 posts, read 22,661,296 times
I have a friend at work from Hamilton- I'll ask him if he can sniff out something as well.

God bless and good luck!

Old 01-21-2012, 07:56 AM

451 posts, read 999,278 times
I haven't seen a Western Montana rental advertised THAT reasonably priced for about 10 years. I'm NOT saying they don't exist, it is just that they don't get advertised.

Might I recommend you contact those that hired you to ask for their help? If they think highly enough of you to offer the job, they certainly should be willing to facilitate your relocation and probably know a few landlords to put you in touch with.

Good luck,

mg

Old 01-21-2012, 11:42 AM

Thanks, guys. I have poked around the Republic's website a bit. I have actually found some rentals, at least in the $600 range, on craigslist in the past couple days. Others for even less were found in surrounding communities, down to $300.00 in Darby. I would rather live in Hamilton, however, and ideally, bike to work (as conditions allow).

I have discussed housing options with my employer, and they are planning on assisting in the process upon next week's visit.

Thanks again for the responses, and a follow-up question concerns weather patterns. We will be traveling from Yakima to Hamilton next weekend to scope things out. The weather cameras, at least at Lookout Pass, indicate improving road conditions. I know this can change within a matter of hours, but can anyone tell me what to potentially expect at that time?

Old 01-21-2012, 12:09 PM

1,191 posts, read 3,002,512 times
Did you check the 10 day forecast at weather.com for the zip codes on the route?
They are not totally reliable (weather.com has said it is snowing in Bozeman when it is not),
but that would give you a professional guess at the weather.

Keep checking the road conditions sites for MT and ID as they update.

Hope that helps,

H.I.

Old 01-21-2012, 12:15 PM

Location: Approximately 50 miles from Missoula MT/38 yrs full time after 4 yrs part time
2,308 posts, read 4,122,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogueYak View Post
Thanks, guys. I have poked around the Republic's website a bit. I have actually found some rentals, at least in the $600 range, on craigslist in the past couple days. Others for even less were found in surrounding communities, down to $300.00 in Darby. I would rather live in Hamilton, however, and ideally, bike to work (as conditions allow).

I have discussed housing options with my employer, and they are planning on assisting in the process upon next week's visit.

Thanks again for the responses, and a follow-up question concerns weather patterns. We will be traveling from Yakima to Hamilton next weekend to scope things out. The weather cameras, at least at Lookout Pass, indicate improving road conditions. I know this can change within a matter of hours, but can anyone tell me what to potentially expect at that time?
............There is one thing that is worth mentioning: Be aware that the Bitterroot River "can & does flood" in certain areas (late spring & early summer) of the valley.............There are some rentals that are in the "flood-plain"................so be advised .

Old 01-22-2012, 11:56 AM

3,763 posts, read 8,752,166 times
google " property management Hamilton Mt"

Here's an example with some listings in your $450-$600 range:
Cardinal Properties - Bitterroot Valley property management and vacation rentals.

Hope this helps. Here's to a stress-free, easy move to MT. We're in the process of packing for the same.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana