U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 06-15-2012, 07:39 AM
 
18,868 posts, read 16,002,659 times
Reputation: 24936

Advertisements

Montana has changed. I used to pick up hitch hikers, not any more. You could pick someone up, and find out he was friends with the guy who married your second cousin. Shucks, he was almost kin. Things have changed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-15-2012, 09:09 AM
 
Location: Lost in Montana *recalculating*...
4,882 posts, read 7,635,698 times
Reputation: 3731
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElkHunter View Post
No, the victum did not die. It wasn't even a life threatening wound. And yes, the shooter is still on the loose. Sure, it's possible that the shooter left Montana, and it's possible he/she stayed. It's even possible that it was a local. At this point, there is no way of telling so there is no reason to jump to conclusions.

I think there is more to this story than they are letting out. It just sounds strange that a person would randomly pull up to somebody eating lunch and shoot them.
From the link:

Police arrested Danielson, and charged the 52-year-old with felony assault with a weapon and driving under the influence. The injury was non-life-threatening, and Dolin is recovering.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-15-2012, 09:13 AM
 
6,351 posts, read 4,230,273 times
Reputation: 1690
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElkHunter View Post
No, the victum did not die. It wasn't even a life threatening wound. And yes, the shooter is still on the loose. Sure, it's possible that the shooter left Montana, and it's possible he/she stayed. It's even possible that it was a local. At this point, there is no way of telling so there is no reason to jump to conclusions.

I think there is more to this story than they are letting out. It just sounds strange that a person would randomly pull up to somebody eating lunch and shoot them.
I would hope not.

Speculation is that the shooter was an oil worker, but it is pure speculation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-15-2012, 09:14 AM
 
6,351 posts, read 4,230,273 times
Reputation: 1690
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threerun View Post
From the link:

Police arrested Danielson, and charged the 52-year-old with felony assault with a weapon and driving under the influence. The injury was non-life-threatening, and Dolin is recovering.
They released danielson after concluding he was not the shooter.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-15-2012, 11:02 AM
 
Location: Moscow
1,347 posts, read 1,345,170 times
Reputation: 1461
From www.KLTV.com


Valley County Sheriff Reveals That Alleged Victim Shot Himself In Alleged Drive By Shooting Friday, June 15th 2012 Valley County Sheriff Glenn Meier has revealed that after further investigation into that alleged drive by shooting west of Glasgow on June 9th, the alleged victim apparently shot himself in the arm and told authorities that he was the victim of a drive by shooting.
Sheriff Meier told Kltz/Klan that the alleged victim, Ray Dolin, confessed Thursday night that he did in fact shoot himself late in the afternoon of June 9th and claimed to authorities that a man in a maroon pickup pulled up to him as he was sitting by the road and shot him.
This led to a massive manhunt throughout the area and the arrest of a Washington state man who was charged with felony assault. That man, Christopher Lloyd Danielson, was released from Valley County custody on Thursday. Danielson still faces a DUI charge in Roosevelt County.
Sheriff Meier said that after an exhaustive investigation by the VCSO and the FBI, BATF and the BLM it was revealed that Dolin was was not the victim of a random shooting but in fact was the victim of a self inflicted gunshot wound.
Dolin confessed to this fact Thursday evening.
Sheriff Meier said the investigation continues and at this point no charges have been filed against Ray Dolin but authorities are considering their next step in this case.
Authorities will hold a press conference on Monday at 10am and will release more details in this case.

Last edited by Keim; 06-15-2012 at 11:52 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-15-2012, 11:28 AM
 
4,128 posts, read 7,823,159 times
Reputation: 4512
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElkHunter View Post
No, the victum did not die. It wasn't even a life threatening wound. And yes, the shooter is still on the loose. Sure, it's possible that the shooter left Montana, and it's possible he/she stayed. It's even possible that it was a local. At this point, there is no way of telling so there is no reason to jump to conclusions.

I think there is more to this story than they are letting out. It just sounds strange that a person would randomly pull up to somebody eating lunch and shoot them.
Check newspapers in Newark NJ area. Drive by random shootings are common, some involving innocent children. Stupid, not strange.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-15-2012, 12:44 PM
 
Location: Spots Wyoming
18,046 posts, read 23,029,354 times
Reputation: 11137
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellwood View Post
Check newspapers in Newark NJ area. Drive by random shootings are common, some involving innocent children. Stupid, not strange.
Usually, but not always, there is gang activity going into another gangs area and doing drive by shootings. Yes, innocent people get hit and sometimes killed, but they just don't go into a completely unknown neighborhood and start shooting. There is usually a reason such as a rival gang member lives in that house, or is seen there.

But it's kind of a moot point now. Self inflicted.

This is not Los Angelos, nor is it New Jersey.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-15-2012, 01:19 PM
 
6,351 posts, read 4,230,273 times
Reputation: 1690
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keim View Post
From www.KLTV.com


Valley County Sheriff Reveals That Alleged Victim Shot Himself In Alleged Drive By Shooting Friday, June 15th 2012 Valley County Sheriff Glenn Meier has revealed that after further investigation into that alleged drive by shooting west of Glasgow on June 9th, the alleged victim apparently shot himself in the arm and told authorities that he was the victim of a drive by shooting.
Sheriff Meier told Kltz/Klan that the alleged victim, Ray Dolin, confessed Thursday night that he did in fact shoot himself late in the afternoon of June 9th and claimed to authorities that a man in a maroon pickup pulled up to him as he was sitting by the road and shot him.
This led to a massive manhunt throughout the area and the arrest of a Washington state man who was charged with felony assault. That man, Christopher Lloyd Danielson, was released from Valley County custody on Thursday. Danielson still faces a DUI charge in Roosevelt County.
Sheriff Meier said that after an exhaustive investigation by the VCSO and the FBI, BATF and the BLM it was revealed that Dolin was was not the victim of a random shooting but in fact was the victim of a self inflicted gunshot wound.
Dolin confessed to this fact Thursday evening.
Sheriff Meier said the investigation continues and at this point no charges have been filed against Ray Dolin but authorities are considering their next step in this case.
Authorities will hold a press conference on Monday at 10am and will release more details in this case.
Sounds like a ploy to increase book sales.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-15-2012, 01:37 PM
 
Location: Moscow
1,347 posts, read 1,345,170 times
Reputation: 1461
Yes it does.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-15-2012, 01:44 PM
 
Location: Lost in Montana *recalculating*...
4,882 posts, read 7,635,698 times
Reputation: 3731
Definately not my kin.

If he was, I'd show him the proper place to aim.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
Similar Threads
View detailed profiles of:

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top