U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2006, 10:28 AM

4 posts, read 16,171 times

Advertisements

Hello, my husband has been talking about moving out west and we found how beautiful Livingston is, he has 13 years experience in the printing industry and while doing our research, we came across the big huge printing company out there. We sent his resume, waiting to hear from them. Does anyone have any info on the company, are they good to work for, etc...We checked out their website, they seem to be a good company and family oriented. Any additional help would be greatly appreciated!

We currently live in PA and are ready for something new, any other additional infor would be helpful too!

Thanks!!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2006, 12:05 PM

78 posts, read 696,938 times
Default Need company name and specific questions

If you want people to comment on the specific company (which you say you do), it might be useful to provide the company's name... or do you think all Montanans are mind readers?

Also your "any other additional information..." comment is WAY too broad! Please ask specific questions, identify specific types of information you're looking for--anything new? Living in Livingston (if so, what aspects--schools, shopping, housing, recreation, etc.)? Or what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawden1201 View Post
Hello, my husband has been talking about moving out west and we found how beautiful Livingston is, he has 13 years experience in the printing industry and while doing our research, we came across the big huge printing company out there. We sent his resume, waiting to hear from them. Does anyone have any info on the company, are they good to work for, etc...We checked out their website, they seem to be a good company and family oriented. Any additional help would be greatly appreciated!

We currently live in PA and are ready for something new, any other additional infor would be helpful too!

Thanks!!!!!!!

Old 09-26-2006, 12:21 PM

Sorry for not being specific enough!!! But I did mention Livingston, I just assumed it was the only large printing company out there, sorry. The printing company is Printingforless.com, in the pictures it seems to be a huge plant.

As for the other info, I've been noticing houses around $200,000 that aren't all that impressive. Are there any areas we should be looking into?

Thanks

Old 09-26-2006, 06:23 PM

78 posts, read 696,938 times
Default Livingston Real Estate

Quote:
Sorry for not being specific enough!!! But I did mention Livingston, I just assumed it was the only large printing company out there, sorry. The printing company is Printingforless.com, in the pictures it seems to be a huge plant.

As for the other info, I've been noticing houses around $200,000 that aren't all that impressive. Are there any areas we should be looking into?

Thanks
Livingston is just over the pass from Bozeman. Bozeman is a rapidly growing region (with a number of people living in Livingston, working in Bozeman), with high housing costs that are going up and up and up. Plus Livingston is north of Yellowstone (a good hour or so away, but that's still relatively close in Montana terms). It's also at the upper end of Paradise Valley--also a pricey area. So Livingston real estate is caught in the growth boom of the Bozeman and nearby areas, I believe, thus you're not likely to find a lot of cheap housing in the area. Unfortunately there isn't really anywhere near Livingston (other than Paradise Valley--very rural, with expensive land--or Bozeman, which is higher than Livingston) unless you want to drive an hour or two from the east--which can be bad in winter, in particular.

You probably should contact a realtor or two in Livingston (find them online) or Bozeman and ask them directly if they have any ideas.

Old 09-26-2006, 06:41 PM

106 posts, read 203,992 times
Default company info

That company just moved into a new facility, and they are a rapidly growing company. I have heard that they are pretty good to work for, but that is third hand info (a friend of my cousin works there). Livingston is rapidly changing but still a nice little town. I've had family there for over 100 years and still do. I can give you specifics if you have questions.

Old 09-27-2006, 07:25 AM

1 posts, read 4,495 times
Default Why so rude??

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTer View Post
If you want people to comment on the specific company (which you say you do), it might be useful to provide the company's name... or do you think all Montanans are mind readers?

Also your "any other additional information..." comment is WAY too broad! Please ask specific questions, identify specific types of information you're looking for--anything new? Living in Livingston (if so, what aspects--schools, shopping, housing, recreation, etc.)? Or what?
I'm reading this and wondering why you would be so rude to anyone who is thinking of packing up their whole life and moving to Montana. NO, not all Montanans are mind readers, but we are not...BY ANY MEANS...that mean and inconsiderate. You should apologize to that woman and welcome her to Montana. We love to have new people come and enjoy our beautiful mountains and "friendly hospitality and old values way of living". ShawDen...we would love to have you here in Montana. I don't think that you need to get ANY kind of advice from a person who don't know you, but would just jump on you like that. Kepp up the search!!! There are PLENTY of other people who would love to help in any way they can!!!

Old 09-27-2006, 08:42 AM

Smile Thanks MtnLady & BootyJig!

Thank you MtnLady on the company info, any little bit helps!! If I have any more questions you are surely the one I will be asking!! What do you exactly mean that Livingston is rapidly changing?!? In good ways or bad???? Thanks in advance!

Thank you Booty very much for your comforting advice on your beautiful state. Its just something we are tossing around. I am a little hesitant, but it is a dream of my husbands, and after looking at those pictures, I said, why not, we can go, see what its like, if we dont like it, we move again!

Thanks again for your comforting words, I feel much better now knowing some people there are welcoming to outsiders!

Last edited by shawden1201; 09-27-2006 at 08:55 AM..

Old 09-27-2006, 09:33 AM

106 posts, read 203,992 times
Default Livingston

Just like everywhere else in the state, there are a lot of people with money moving in and raising the cost of living. My grandmother's house sold for 55k in 1995 and last year was listed for over 150k. This is a small 1100 sq ft home. The area used to be primarily ranching, rail road and lumber based, but now it's mostly a bedroom community to Bozeman and botique shops in the town. Not that it's a bad thing--for a while it looked like the town was fading away. Newcomers are welcomed, especially if they try to understand how things work in the west. If they come in and try to change the way of life that is different. I have family that ranches south of town in Paradise Valley and they have had to cope with many changes over the years.

I've actually looked at that company too but we need to wait about 1 more year before we can move back to MT (we had to move away because jobs in our field--computers--didn't pay enough in the mid 90's. We live in Idaho right now but plan on moving back to MT soon).

Hope everything works out for you.

Old 03-17-2007, 12:20 PM

1 posts, read 4,482 times
Default Lot for sale

Livingston is close to Bozeman ( 15 minutes) and right now their is a lot for sale in Livingston it is a 7500 SQ.FT. lot big enough for a duplex is you wish. the Bozeman Chronicle that has a view of the mtns. and this is an opportunity to build the house the way you want they also allow modulars or manufactured which sometimes can be less costly than building so there are options out there and with the economy thriving, I am sure you can find work in the area.

Old 08-08-2007, 02:44 PM

1 posts, read 4,235 times
Quote:

Thanks!!!!!!!
Hi, my name is Lucinda and my husband and I are in the same boat as you are. We are so tired of living here. My husband is going to be laid off soon, and we also want to move to Montana, Livingston area to be specific. Have you moved, yet? My husband is a machinist, so Idon't know what we can find there for him. Please let me know how you are doing on your move. Thanks, Lucinda-spinwcin@msn.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana