U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2012, 06:50 PM

4,684 posts, read 7,283,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
The school is older, but in excellent shape and well kept up.

No drug problem, I mean...if you look for it you can find it. Some kids smoke pot, but hey...it is high school!

Most kids leave campus for lunch, they have extended lunch hour, so, don't go to any fast food places in Bozeman for lunch!
..and don't go to a fast food joint during lunch break filled with students that have smoked pot...

"I'l have a........... uh, a........, uh........... whatchamacallit...........uhhhhhh.................
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2012, 06:57 PM

3,502 posts, read 3,034,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by longing4bigsky View Post
Hmmm. WyoEagle. That is a bit pessimistic. I think there are good and friendly people everywhere but the issue of bullying has become so problematic that children are being driven to suicide! I never imagined such a thing in our society. In any society. I know Bozeman will have changed drastically since I last visited ten or so years ago but I am sure that many of the good people I met are still there and their children are probably at Bozeman High. I hope so.
It is pessimistic and I'm just one person on this forum so take it for what it's worth. Like I had stated, I never had any involvement of any kind with Bozeman High so I don't know what the teachers or the students are like. My experience in Bozeman was negative. Had I been there as a working stiff I may have had a different opinion, but I really couldn't stand the people there as I found many to be very phony and arrogant.

Threerun, I never had too much of a problem with Helena but I think Kalispell is very pretentious. I didn't like Missoula too much either, but my dislike for Missoula and Kalispell is for a bit of a different reason than Bozeman, which I'm not going to go into detail. In Bozeman, I did hang out with people who weren't pretentious, however, it was very difficult to get away from it since they were everywhere in town.

Old 08-29-2012, 07:08 PM

36 posts, read 70,157 times
While I appreciate that some campuses feel it's a positive thing to allow freedoms such as departing campus for lunch it has always struck me as a bit strange and a veritable open door to enable fast food chow not to mention drug use while school is technically "in session". I perused the school website and while the menu pdfs wouldn't open I did see that the school makes an effort to include locally sourced ingredients whenever possible and also seems to be trying to emphasize fruits and veg. Most schools in teh country stuff the kids with pizza and fries for lunch. I'm sure the kids are doing the same off campus.

Old 08-29-2012, 07:08 PM

4,684 posts, read 7,283,306 times
I really can't offer a whole lot of opinion because I've only lived in Helena. There are a few I've met that way, and I just kind of stay away from them.. Most folks in WV are totally laid back. Hell they were mostly poor, so no sense in being pretentious I guess, lol.

I do know that school can be h*ll, and some kids are just buttheads whether they're rich or poor. It tends to cross over into all socio-economic gradients.

Old 11-27-2012, 12:00 PM

1 posts, read 398 times
We moved from a smaller Montana town this summer and our son began his freshman year at BHS. He joined a sports club and found a superb supporting atmosphere. He doesn't see eye to eye with all of his teachers, but I am pretty sure that's 80% him with too much socializing and not enough concentration. Overall he has a superb set of teachers, counselor, and coaches.

I haven't seen any drug use from where I stand, he hasn't had any bullying difficulties at all, we have found no pretension and the physical condition of the school is great, with both newer and older sections very well maintained. First impressions were top notch, both of the student body and the faculty.

I would point to the story of the travelers who, on their way to a new place stopped and asked a farmer what the people in the town were like. In reply he asked them what the people in the town they were from were like. They replied that they were honest, hard-working people. He told them they would find the same kind of people in the new place. Later another new family stopped and asked the farmer the same question. He replied as before but this time the family told of the the deceit and and lazy nature of the people from whence they came. The farmer's reply was "You will find the same kind of people in this town".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana