Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2012, 01:20 PM

Location: A Very Naughtytown In Northwestern Montanifornia U.S.A.
1,088 posts, read 1,947,610 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rugratref View Post
I am surely CHARMED by you wonderful Montana folk! LOVING the photos!
Here is a photo I took up the Thompson River Road. A different kind of Montana folk !

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2012, 02:24 AM

75 posts, read 285,190 times
LOL! LOVE it!

Old 10-31-2012, 02:33 AM

Hubby mentioned he'd love to go west next trip to Montana. Which is good, we have family there that he hasn't seen for MANY years now. Starting to understand why they chose Montana. Such a wonderful state. I think it would take at LEAST a 2 week vacation to explore everything. Someday...

Old 11-03-2012, 12:07 PM

Location: A Very Naughtytown In Northwestern Montanifornia U.S.A.
1,088 posts, read 1,947,610 times
Smile Still flowers in November !

We drove to Missoula yesterday (November 2) and noticed that there were a few die hard flowers still hanging in there despite the recent freezing. No jacket needed either, what a nice Missoula Montana day.

Old 11-05-2012, 12:08 AM

Drooling...thank you for sharing! You have such an eye for beauty! LOVE IT!

Old 11-07-2012, 01:03 PM

1,102 posts, read 1,155,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rugratref View Post
Hubby mentioned he'd love to go west next trip to Montana. Which is good, we have family there that he hasn't seen for MANY years now. Starting to understand why they chose Montana. Such a wonderful state. I think it would take at LEAST a 2 week vacation to explore everything. Someday...
Just got back from a 5 week road trip mainly spent in North Idaho, North Western and Westen Montana and Northern Wyoming.
We really loved North Western Montana. I would recommend 2 weeks as a minimum and more if you can spare it...It is well worth an intense exploration. We were very impressed with north of Kalispell and all surrounding areas. And the people in the area were very nice and hospitable. We only have nice things to say about people from Northern Wyoming as well as around Sandpoint Idaho and surrounding areas. Can not wait for our next trip to your neck of the woods. This has been our second major recon trip this year. We have spent some serious miles....over 10,000 this year. We have seen some beautiful scenary.

Old 11-08-2012, 08:47 AM

7,379 posts, read 12,670,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by noihoforus View Post
Just got back from a 5 week road trip mainly spent in North Idaho, North Western and Westen Montana and Northern Wyoming.
We really loved North Western Montana. I would recommend 2 weeks as a minimum and more if you can spare it...It is well worth an intense exploration. We were very impressed with north of Kalispell and all surrounding areas. And the people in the area were very nice and hospitable. We only have nice things to say about people from Northern Wyoming as well as around Sandpoint Idaho and surrounding areas. Can not wait for our next trip to your neck of the woods. This has been our second major recon trip this year. We have spent some serious miles....over 10,000 this year. We have seen some beautiful scenary.
Glad you had such a good time! Now you have to make a pros-&-cons list! We did the same thing, over three years, two weeks for each trip. Ended up with a piece of land almost straddling the NID-NW MT border, and we love it...

Old 11-08-2012, 12:28 PM

1,102 posts, read 1,155,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Fork Fantast View Post
Glad you had such a good time! Now you have to make a pros-&-cons list! We did the same thing, over three years, two weeks for each trip. Ended up with a piece of land almost straddling the NID-NW MT border, and we love it...
We looked at a place on the Clark Fork River right near the North Idaho/West Montana border off of 200 that is in the running. I am glad we have put our boots on the ground and got a feel for all of these areas during different seasons....but....that said this will probably be one of the hardest decisions we have ever made. We do not plan on doing it a bunch of times.....so needless to say we want to get it right! All input is greatly appreciated. We have lived rural for the last 25 years....so...we are not city slickers....so track lifestyle or in the city probably is not an option......unless it is something really special on acerage. The search continues!

Old 11-10-2012, 08:49 AM

7,379 posts, read 12,670,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by noihoforus View Post
We looked at a place on the Clark Fork River right near the North Idaho/West Montana border off of 200 that is in the running. I am glad we have put our boots on the ground and got a feel for all of these areas during different seasons....but....that said this will probably be one of the hardest decisions we have ever made. We do not plan on doing it a bunch of times.....so needless to say we want to get it right! All input is greatly appreciated. We have lived rural for the last 25 years....so...we are not city slickers....so track lifestyle or in the city probably is not an option......unless it is something really special on acerage. The search continues!
If you're looking at a place on 200 that close to the border I should be able to give you some pointers! Our retirement property is just a few miles further west. IMO, the river valley is the prettiest location in the entire NW! Hiking, fishing, and (friends tell us, but we're not hunters) good hunting. Reasonably close to shopping and medical facilities in Sandpoint. Small markets in Clark Fork, Heron, Noxon and Trout Creek. Libby and Troy are other towns close by. (No jobs, though, so bring your own, or plan to retire!) The only thing that raises a red flag for me is the proximity of the train. If the property is on the river, it will be close to the railroad, too, and then it's a matter of choice: is the fantastic view worth the noise? In some spots the mountains magnify the noise, and we gave up on a sweet property up above the river because the noise was just too much for us. If the property you're looking at is treed, and away from the river by half a mile or more, you'll be okay in terms of train whistles in the night... DM me if you have specific questions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana