U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 01-07-2011, 02:10 AM

1,799 posts, read 1,844,759 times
Yeah I couldn't go back to Montana.

I love going out in public here where I currently live, and people saying "please," "thank you," and "excuse me." I can't even begin to describe it, it's just a different vibe.
I'm not trying to make it sound Pollyanna. It's not. Oh there are our share of dicks around here too, as there is everywhere you go. But on the whole... people were raised right. It makes me proud to live here.

There's not that hostile edge in people here that I see in Montanans. Probably from being so isolated. It's like a savage nature. These people are so annoying. You can tell they're actually proud when they "drive people out" of the state... yet turn around and claim to be friendly... Full of ego and socially inept....

Drive us out... right. More we had a little sense of self-worth decided to improve our lives and our surroundings. More like we moved on and up.

Bring your children here where I live. You won't regret it.
Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2011, 09:06 AM

451 posts, read 492,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnesconsinite View Post
Yeah I couldn't go back to Montana.
Best news this state has had since November 2nd!

Old 01-07-2011, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by montygarlic View Post
Best news this state has had since November 2nd!
What happened? Did you guys lynch someone on that date?

How hilarious that my post was about rude Montanans and you only just further emphasized it...

Old 01-07-2011, 10:29 AM

451 posts, read 492,395 times
Quote:
What happened? Did you guys lynch someone on that date?

How hilarious that my post was about rude Montanans and you only just further emphasized it...
Yeah, but you should see all the positive DM's and rep points it got me!

Isn't it amazing that someone should use "rude Montanans" to label any who agree with her politely, as I clearly did in the post she refers to, and who also can only ever find negative things to report about Montanans?

Makes you wonder how long such person will be 'happy', (or welcome), in the Great Northwoods, doesn't it?

DLTDHYITA!!

mg

Old 01-08-2011, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by montygarlic View Post
Yeah, but you should see all the positive DM's and rep points it got me!

Isn't it amazing that someone should use "rude Montanans" to label any who agree with her politely, as I clearly did in the post she refers to, and who also can only ever find negative things to report about Montanans?

Makes you wonder how long such person will be 'happy', (or welcome), in the Great Northwoods, doesn't it?

DLTDHYITA!!

mg
Fail.
I've been happy since I've been here. And more than one psychic has emphasized I'm back where I need to be... I'm making a couple more dollars an hour than what I was making, and I'm getting more hours. I'm back around my family and true friends. Everything in my being tells me everyday I'm back where I need to be. And it keeps getting better. I've already experienced two wonderful holidays with my family, have made a couple more friends, have taken trips out of town (what a concept, you don't have to take a day off work to go somewhere new)....

One psychic I was on the phone with, very very beginning of the conversation on her radio show, I start telling her, "I just moved from Montana...." (She mishears me and interrupts) "You just moved to Montana?" I said, "No. I moved from." And she said, "Oh good, because that's not for you."
This was before, I'd told her anything about myself. All she knew was my phone area code.

Keep choking on that. I know it bugs the crap out of ya that I was completely right.

All I need to do is look back on how you guys insulted two family members. You actually thought that hitting below the belt and insulting me on a very personal level was justified because I insulted your state. Some inanimate place. Okay.... I love Wisconsin, but I draw the line at going after people's family members just because they hate my state.... My grandfather was insulted and someone took one of my quotes out of context in order to insult my mom. And then I looked at the profiles of these people and they were all in their '40s and '50s!! (In the physical sense.)

Sad sad sad. And then you end your post with some initials.... likely some cowardly juvenile thing you're too afraid to say. Montanans barks are always worse than their bite.

(And what do I care about your rep points? From your immature friends? "Friends," more like... I doubt you've met each other. Cripes. That's something a 15 year old would say, actually believing it's a real good jab... lol.)

Last edited by MSPLove; 01-08-2011 at 03:55 PM..

Old 01-08-2011, 04:17 PM

1,219 posts, read 1,993,384 times
Quote:
Fail.
I've been happy since I've been here. And more than one psychic has emphasized I'm back where I need to be...

Nuff said... Enjoy Wisconsin

Old 01-08-2011, 04:27 PM

4,684 posts, read 7,288,670 times
I hear they have good cheese there.

Never had a problem with folks since I've been here, at all. But then again, I don't need reassurances and platitudes- I just live and let live.

Old 01-08-2011, 04:37 PM

837 posts, read 713,209 times
Are there friendly people in Montana?

Well, sure.

But if you just sit around waiting for people to be friendly to you, you probably won't meet them.

I have had some negative experiences here, and in other places I have lived, but I moved on, and I'm over it. It's called life.

Old 01-08-2011, 04:47 PM

6,428 posts, read 7,304,481 times
Quote:
Bring your children here where I live. You won't regret it.
So.... you're sayin' they'd turn out like you?

Old 01-08-2011, 06:26 PM

54 posts, read 55,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reziac View Post
So.... you're sayin' they'd turn out like you?
They would probably have to consult with the physic first tho....
Just a quick thought is physic just another name for con artist?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana