U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 10-24-2007, 03:05 PM

43 posts, read 93,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeaveMeBe View Post
I don't think i've ever ran across such hateful people. Is there anyone out there that has anything kind to say? Where I come from there is such thing as respect your neighbor. No one is a stranger here. Everyone is treated as if they are an old friend. I guess I thought the rest of the world was like that. You people should be ashamed of yourselves. None of us anywhere like all the changes that are coming about in our states but that is no reason to blame a certain individual. Blame just those trying to do the changin. NOt to mention alot are moving just for the simple fact they can't make it where they are living. So would u rather they starve and be miserable. Or some move because they are losing their children to gangs or death. Why can't we find a place on this earth that is good for our children to grow up. Why can't u welcome newcomers and educate them on the land you are lucky to have lived on?
I myself am not people crazy..not because i don't necessarily like people I just get nervous around people exspecially ones I don't know. But anyway I would never be rude to someone just because they moved to my town. If anything I'd be all the more nicer.
Alot of people here want to keep it all to there self's ignore them there are many great people here some seem to live through this web site (maybe thats the problem)
Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2007, 03:32 PM

1,569 posts, read 2,825,859 times
A lot of people in MT don't like people from other parts of MT

Old 10-26-2007, 06:13 PM

62 posts, read 377,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeaveMeBe View Post
I don't think i've ever ran across such hateful people. Is there anyone out there that has anything kind to say? Where I come from there is such thing as respect your neighbor. No one is a stranger here. Everyone is treated as if they are an old friend. I guess I thought the rest of the world was like that. You people should be ashamed of yourselves. .
Now that we've had our "talkin'to." Go west young lady go west. Shame Shame Shame on us for bein' such a hateful people. If you don't want a truthful answer don't ask the question. You want us to lie?

We're being honest, which by the way is more "kind" than lying and it doesn't need defending.
Everyone here is treated on their merits, not on blind "old friend" backstabbing politically correct crap. You'll be treated like an old friend when you are one. Until that time you are just another person whom should be respected until which time you prove yourself disrespectful....
No Shame in Montana only those whom judge us to be shameful.

Old 10-27-2007, 04:28 PM

83 posts, read 220,508 times
As a life long Montana Man and resident, I can say that most of the bad posts are from people that originated from somewhere else and found there little portion of paradise and now because of the growth of my state they are feeling threatend. Yes in some areas the way of life is changing but I think in most of Montana you find people who are mostly self reliant and friendly and willing to stop and lend a hand when someone needs it. If you look for the bad in people you will find it. But think about this- how did you approach the last person you saw? Did you wave? were you smiling? Friendly? Did you start the conversation first? like sure is pretty, quite, friendly as a conversation starter? I've been here all my life and I welcome people who want to live the Montana lifestyle, and not want to change here to what they had there. That is why people want to move here. There are a lot of places in Montana that just about anyone from any background could acclimate too. Welcome to our lifestyle but please leave the city attitude behind! Thats why you want to come here remember! And do have a nice stress free Montana day.

Old 10-27-2007, 10:52 PM

3 posts, read 6,136 times
Default Yes, that's my question: Are there friendly people in Montana?

For instance, I am a Latin American who is quite nervous in visiting other places where people would hate me just because I am Latin. By the way, I am legal, and have been living in this country for ten years plus married to an American and in love with him since day one. Both of us used to work in the fields of the LORD. It may sound FUNNY, but it is for REAL. In other words, we used to preach the Gospel and so on. Yet I am like LeaveMeBe. I don't mind helping people, but I do not consider myself a people person. I am sure that some of you are about to say HELLO ... didn't you use to preach the Gospel? HELLO. Yes, but people change, and I have changed. I still believe, but I believe that it is not my place to force anyone into thinking X or Y about something quite personal. SO ... here I am a Latin woman who is tan and Mexican looking, but not from Mexico. SO ... I have been thinking ... "oh God, do I want to put myself through the mess of changes just because I want a cooler place and with more room to do outside sports?" So ... what do you think people? Would I be hated or disliked so much just because I am Latin? Be honest. Give me the fact not the fat!

Old 10-28-2007, 07:50 AM

Location: In an alternate universe according to some, AKA Aspergers
10,489 posts, read 11,290,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tolearn View Post
For instance, I am a Latin American who is quite nervous in visiting other places where people would hate me just because I am Latin. By the way, I am legal, and have been living in this country for ten years plus married to an American and in love with him since day one. Both of us used to work in the fields of the LORD. It may sound FUNNY, but it is for REAL. In other words, we used to preach the Gospel and so on. Yet I am like LeaveMeBe. I don't mind helping people, but I do not consider myself a people person. I am sure that some of you are about to say HELLO ... didn't you use to preach the Gospel? HELLO. Yes, but people change, and I have changed. I still believe, but I believe that it is not my place to force anyone into thinking X or Y about something quite personal. SO ... here I am a Latin woman who is tan and Mexican looking, but not from Mexico. SO ... I have been thinking ... "oh God, do I want to put myself through the mess of changes just because I want a cooler place and with more room to do outside sports?" So ... what do you think people? Would I be hated or disliked so much just because I am Latin? Be honest. Give me the fact not the fat!
In the Flathead we're seeing more Latin families every year. Most that we know own their own business's and from what I heard from them there isn't an issue as to where they are from. You will stand out though except during tourist season.

Old 10-28-2007, 11:24 AM

10 posts, read 22,691 times
I am not a people person but I am friendly to everyone I come across. I just happen to like being out in the middle of nowhere enjoying the sounds of nature and not the sounds of babbling gossip. I can honestly say here where I live now I literally go a couple weeks on my property (i have 17 acres so taht helps lol) anyway I can go a couple weeks without going anywhere. I just truly enjoying being on my own property. BUT I do have teen girls and Indiana just doesn't have as much to do for people that do want to do things. Like camping..I LOVE camping..i will leave for that lol..the campgrounds we have aren't much dif then camping in my own back yard. Not even close to enough places to ride horses if you want scenery. I'm not a total hermit and i'm not rude. I just truly enjoy being out in the country doing what country people do. Would I be considered a hick..not sure ..i can wear a pair of carhart coveralls and feel comfortable but at the same time..take me to the mall and I'm in heaven. So I like dressing nice as well. I guess I can be a lady and a tomboy. I"m helpful to my neighbors and would hope my neighbors would do the same if I needed it. I love people of all ages..i just prefer they come here so i don't have to go there lol..I guess i'm truly my fathers daughter..he's just like me..

Old 10-28-2007, 04:36 PM

Location: In an alternate universe according to some, AKA Aspergers
10,489 posts, read 11,290,437 times
Well Christy, there's all that and more here. You should get along just fine. Where I live you could get on a horse and ride straight into the middle of nowhere or you could trailer it for a few miles and just start out in the middle of nowhere! Horse pack camping is real easy to get to in the Bob Marshall and town is 14 miles away.

Old 10-28-2007, 04:56 PM

495 posts, read 23,186 times
tolearn wrote:
Quote:
Please don't take this the wrong way but - even if you were pearly white you'd still have problems......I've been turned down for many a job simply for being white, even though I'm not a wasp. I feel that people discriminate against me all the time for a varity of reasons, life goes on, personally I feel we should all be fair to all we meet and treat them as we'd like to be treated......but I also feel it is one's freedom and in our very nature to pick and choose, and if someone doesn't like me because I have a funny ears, pretty teeth, tell bad jokes, am to tall or to short, have dark hair or x, y or z for skin color - well that's their privilage.....nothing I can do about it...life goes on. My advice....we all have our problems so don't start looking for excuses, less you'll find them around every turn, even where they don't exist.
My motto is treat everyone with respect....and DON'T expect anything in return, do it not only because it's right, but because nobody else owes you anything in this world and there will always be people who don't like you.

PS: What kind of question is that "Are there any friendly people in montana" - dah what do you think ? We got the good the bad and the ugly just like every other place in this world. "Are there any friendly people in montana" - some would take that as a condescending remark.

Last edited by JoeJoeMan; 10-28-2007 at 05:04 PM..

Old 11-04-2007, 11:46 AM

3 posts, read 6,136 times
JoeJoeMan, it was a question, just a simple question. Take it easy, and I do thank you for the reply you posted!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana