Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-08-2007, 02:04 PM

8 posts, read 41,496 times

Advertisements

First off, I apologize if this has recently been addressed.

My family and I are probably going to be moving to Great Falls within a year. We're currently living in FL. (I grew up in ND so I won't be experiencing any weather shock. I'm so happy to be heading back up North)

We were doing some real estate searching online to see the cost of housing, etc. What I am wondering is - is there a certain part of Great Falls we should stay away from? I don't want to be a 'shady' part of town. If anyone has any recommendations on areas that are really nice, good school district please share.

Is it really that windy in Great Falls? I've seen it posted here before. Will my hat fly off if I walk outdoors?

We like to spend a lot of time outside. We're outdoorsy. Is Great Falls a good area for that?

Thanks for you time and again, I apologize if these questions have been asked before.

~B
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2007, 07:46 PM

22,974 posts, read 27,008,828 times
Ok giftshoppe your on!

Old 09-08-2007, 10:50 PM

91 posts, read 237,731 times
Where is giftshoppe??

Old 09-09-2007, 01:29 PM

Anyone out there?? *echoing*

How do GF locals feel about the AFB and Customs division? I'm sure there are a lot of new faces in GF with these two.

Thanks!

Old 09-09-2007, 07:12 PM

529 posts, read 1,892,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tropical Girl View Post
Anyone out there?? *echoing*

How do GF locals feel about the AFB and Customs division? I'm sure there are a lot of new faces in GF with these two.

Thanks!
With the AFB and 24 hour customs, new faces around here can't be beat.
We here, in Great Falls, by and large, are the friendliest folks you'll ever meet in "the entire state" of Montana.

We're quite used to new folks coming in.

Need more?... Visit Greaterfalls.com ... get "all' of your questions answered there.

Old 09-10-2007, 05:43 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,008,828 times
Rah,Rah, shish boom bah!!!!! All we need is a line of cheerleaders with pom pom's.

Old 09-10-2007, 08:28 AM

Thanks for the website link. I'll check it out.

Old 10-08-2007, 09:03 PM

10 posts, read 32,237 times
What I am wondering is - is there a certain part of Great Falls we should stay away from? I don't want to be a 'shady' part of town. If anyone has any recommendations on areas that are really nice, good school district please share.

The only area that has a semi-bad reputation is "Parkdale," but even there it's not too bad. You can't go wrong if you choose to live in Riverview, Valleyview, or Fox Farm -- all very nice areas. Schools are awesome.

Is it really that windy in Great Falls? I've seen it posted here before. Will my hat fly off if I walk outdoors?

No way to sugar-coat this one: it is very windy in Great Falls! Not every day, but often enough that it frequently is cited as one of the windiest places in America.

We like to spend a lot of time outside. We're outdoorsy. Is Great Falls a good area for that?
Holy cow - it is ever! I'm not even much of an "outdoorsy" kind of guy, but this is practically "Outdoors Central!" Within an hour of town, there are mountains, forests, skiing, prairies, hiking, camping, spelunking, rivers, hunting, 4-wheeling - you name it.

Old 10-09-2007, 10:13 PM

121 posts, read 391,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
Rah,Rah, shish boom bah!!!!! All we need is a line of cheerleaders with pom pom's.
yep, he is a one man welcome wagon
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana