Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-08-2007, 07:06 PM

5 posts, read 12,869 times

Advertisements

I'm currently out of a job and me and my basically wife are looking to find somewhere new to live. I found a decent paying job in great falls and was wondering what kind of place it is. I'm from Bowling Green, KY appr 60,000 people and a small college. How will this town be compared to that. I would much rather live in a small rural easy to get around place.

SO here are some questions.

Nextel/sprint phones... Do they work there?

Housing... We really want a nice little place around $500 a month with 2 bedrooms and allows large dogs. preferably a mobile home or small house.

Employment for my other half... Are jobs easily obtanable there??

Also I've always wanted to be close to the mountains, maybe even within a view of the mountains. Is great falls pretty close?

Thanks in advance We live 1900 miles away and I want to kinda get some advice of wether it's going to be a place I would like before I pack up, sell my things, and move all the way across the US.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2007, 07:38 PM

75 posts, read 521,747 times
Perhaps others can answer your specific questions, But I would like to make a suggestion. You and your wife should really come to Montana, and Great Falls specifically, before you pull up roots and move all the way across the country.

A small investment in travel now could preclude a costly mistake in the future.

I have been to Great Falls on several occasions, and found it to be a clean and friendly town, and the beauty of the Rocky mountains is just to the west.

But, I really couldn't tell you if you or your better half would like it.

I would think Great Falls is a great deal different from Bowling Green.

Old 10-08-2007, 07:52 PM

We're not picky as long as were not moving to a much bigger city then were in now.

Old 10-08-2007, 08:16 PM

The population of Great Falls was approximately 57,000 in 2000. By now I would think it is around 60,000.

I would think housing would be cheaper in the outskirts.

I don't need to tell you it gets cold in Great Falls. That's cold with a capitol "C".

Old 10-08-2007, 08:28 PM

I'm looking forward to it. I've longed for snow my whole life. My "wife" is from MI and we went up there this winter in my old car (06 mustang GT) and I absolutely loved it. The car didn't but I did. I have since traded for a 4wd Z71 Silverado and am already looking into a lift and some good tires. I just want to make sure were not moving to some hugely over populated city with rough ghetto's and a interstate system even Rand Mcnally couldn't find there way through.

Again thanks for your help!!

Old 10-08-2007, 08:57 PM

You will put that 4X4 to good use. You will do fine. It will be an adventure you will never forget.

Old 10-09-2007, 09:30 AM

The only work it gets now is playing in the mud... lol

Old 10-09-2007, 12:56 PM

You ain't see nuthin' till you've seen Montana mud!!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana