Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-23-2013, 07:20 PM

5 posts, read 8,754 times

Advertisements

Hi y'all
Here's a little background on me. I am currently serving in the Army. After I get out, I am interested in attending the University of Montana. I intend to study Wildlife Biology there. I would like to get a job with FWP as a warden after I graduate. I am looking into programs and volunteer oprotunities that will give me as competitive resume as possible, in order to attain one of the Warden Trainee positions later during my schooling.

One thing that caught my eye was the Gray Wolf volunteer program. I am very interested in this program, from reading the website description. My problem, is after scouring the web for hours I cannot find any personal accounts of past volunteers. So I am hoping that perhaps someone on this site may have volunteered there, or knows someone who has, and can help me out. Thank you all.

If anyone is interested in the program, it can be found here: Montana Fish, Wildlife & Parks :: Gray Wolf Volunteer Opportunity
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2013, 11:47 PM

18,700 posts, read 42,057,790 times
Welcome to the Montana forum! Sorry, I can't help you with your question, but hopefully somebody has some experience, or at least knows of others with experience in that program. Just wanted to welcome you to the forum and let you know that there are good people here that will help all they can, however, there are not a large number of Montana people on the site, so bare with it, somebody will give you some data.

Old 04-24-2013, 04:31 PM

Thank you ElkHunter for your kind welcome. I understand the lack of posters so I will bear with y'all. I've got a couple years to wait so I'm in no big hurry Again, thank you.

Old 04-24-2013, 07:27 PM

5,401 posts, read 6,530,624 times
Participating in any of the volunteer programs of the MT Fish Wildlife & Parks would look great on your resume'. There are also summer intern positions that might of interest to you.
Perhaps they have a facebook page for more informal chat or some video clips to look over.
Good luck.

Old 04-25-2013, 03:15 PM

Thanks historyfan. As much as I am on facebook, it never occured to me to check there. Thanks for the suggestion

Old 04-25-2013, 06:45 PM

18,700 posts, read 42,057,790 times
You do know that you have picked a very controversial program to get involved with. Wolf's fall under the same catagory as politicians. SSS

Old 04-28-2013, 10:23 AM

ElkHunter, I do haha Seems like most folks aren't to fond of the Wolf, and I can understand why. But if it makes me look like a better applicant with FWP, I'll take a little bit of grief
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana