Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2013, 01:19 PM

Location: Approximately 50 miles from Missoula MT/38 yrs full time after 4 yrs part time
2,308 posts, read 4,120,376 times

Advertisements

....... A Press Release from the AP :................

LOGAN, West Virginia.

A 14 yr old student from the local grade school (Town population approx 1800) was suspended from school and charged (by the local police), for "disrupting the educational process in the school" and "obstructing a local police officier"...............because he would not take off his TEE-SHIRT which had the NRA Logo on it!!!!!!!!!!.. .......and yet in Calif and other similiar locations we allow students (of a Spanish-speaking foreign country) to wear, display and glorify their country's Flag while dis-respecting, trampling and dis-honoring the American Flag.................... Just another example of: Change, Change, Change!!

Hey Elk, far different than the days when I went to grade school.....back in 1944 and 1945 in a rural portion of the northern midwest, we finally got school bus service for kids that lived "out in the County" ....we were 6 miles from the Catholic grade school .......and we were allowed to take our shotguns (in a case) on the bus to school (they were put in the broom closet in the class room until the school day was over) .....then a buddy & I would hunt pheasants and rabbits along the RR tracks --(The "E.J. & E.) to our house.

..............Oh by the way............."Have you hugged your AR15 Today"??????.......Ketch ya later
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2013, 03:18 PM

5 posts, read 8,753 times
This is truly saddening. We are seeing our rights trampled on and ignored more and more every day. I just hope this country can recover from the blows it is continuing to recieve.

Old 04-25-2013, 06:42 PM

18,700 posts, read 42,041,465 times
I know what you are saying Griz. I drove to school starting in the 7th grade, and in my pickup truck, in the back window was a rifle and a shotgun. Both were loaded, and like you say, on the way home, I got something for supper, or for the freezer. They were tools. I would no sooner leave home without them, then I would leave home without a jack and a star wrench.

Last week, I sat and watched the debates and the debates and then the votes on the Senate Floor. I noticed that your boy Baucus did a fine job with his votes. This week, I noticed the Baucus said, "I'm done, I'm not running anymore." Do you guys have anybody in mind to hold up to the traditions of Montana?

Old 04-25-2013, 08:18 PM

19,743 posts, read 22,635,943 times
Trust me the good folks of Logan County will have the overeaching teacher high stepping out of town.

That I have no doubt.

Old 04-25-2013, 09:11 PM

Location: Approximately 50 miles from Missoula MT/38 yrs full time after 4 yrs part time
2,308 posts, read 4,120,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElkHunter View Post
.................................................. ....."on the Senate Floor. I noticed that your boy Baucus did a fine job with his (gun issue) votes. This week, I noticed the Baucus said, "I'm done, I'm not running anymore." Do you guys have anybody in mind to hold up to the traditions of Montana?
It is my understanding that "our" best chance(s) are former (just retired) U.S. House Rep Denny Rehberg (pro Gun) and/or former Gov Mark Racicot (Repub & pro gun) will get back into politics by way of running for Baucus's vacant Senate seat. Main opposition would be former Gov Schweitzer. Rehberg is a "Repub" and even though the current Gov is a Dem, the fact that Montana is a "Red" State may make the difference. We'll see what happens!!!! Best way to describe the feelings of the majority of voters "that I know" in Ravalli County regarding Baucus is: (reference that 'ole sayin'):
"Bye Max, but when you leave the room.... Don't let the Door-Knob hitcha where the Good Lord splitcha"
But you are correct: He did vote the right way on gun issues, but what most Montana voters remember is that he was the #2 man in "putting together ObamaCare!!!!!"......which 70% of Montana residents are (and were) against!!!......................
__________________________________________________ _________________

Well, it's that time of year again...............the damn wild turkeys are back in full force. Yesterday morning I had about a dozen come struttin' right by my deck (5 love-sick Toms & 7 Hens)...........

Ketch ya later....

Old 04-26-2013, 07:53 AM

6,756 posts, read 8,573,379 times
I see kids with "Che" t-shirts all the time, but that's ok????

I too used to have guns in the vehicle at school because we would go shoot gophers at lunch or after school. Times have really changed, and not for the better.

Baccus only voted against the gun legislation because he had'nt decided not to run again. Remember, he was one of the architects of clintons gun ban in the 90's and just about lost his re-election that year. If he had voted for the registration this time, and his part in obamabcare would have assured he would have been kicked out in the cold.

This way he gets to keep his 5 million dollar warchest

The best thing I can say about Baccus is that we only had to see him once every 6 years during re-election. The rest of the time he stayed home in Maryland. I really believe if the pilot didn't know the way he would never have been able to find his way to Montana to campaign.

Rehburg has evidenced intrest in running, I don't know about Racicot, he is pretty happy at that high powered law firm back east.

The press already has king brian the lesser nominated, elected and picking out curtains for his new office in washington, but he hasn't said yes...yet.

Could be an interesting election.

Old 04-26-2013, 12:34 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,347,105 times
Yet another reason that supports school uniforms. We may not know the whole story here... Does this child have a behavior problem? Has the child made any threatening remarks or allegations of violence? Was this shirt a message? We don't know.

Would you have the same opinion if Dylan Klebold had worn a shirt like this to school?

I support the constitution, and Bill of Rights, but, as a former teacher, a shirt with any lettering is not appropriate for school. Keep it for Saturday. This would generate focus away from the purpose of school. School is to study, not promote agendas.... Do that away from school. If it is not appropriate to wear to work, you should not wear it at school.

Old 04-26-2013, 02:46 PM

5,401 posts, read 6,524,829 times
Losing the seniority in the senate will hurt Montana. I'd guess he would be included amongst top 6 powerful people in DC list.
War chests are not for personal use...fed laws changed that in late 70s early 80s.

Old 04-29-2013, 02:25 PM

702 posts, read 953,548 times
The teachers at that school were right to suspend the student. The NRA no longer represents gun owners, they represent gun manufacturers. Over 90% of Americans want universal background checks for gun buyers, and 79% of Montanans, yet thanks to the influence of groups like the NRA and politicians that bathe in money from the gun companies, we can't pass it through congress. The NRA represents something that democrats, republicans, and independents all despise: corporate greed, government dysfunction, and money's control of our representatives.

Most everyone hates Nazis, and would consider a student wearing a Nazi t-shirt a distraction. Most everyone hates what the NRA has become in the past 10 years, so I'd say it's a distraction too.

Old 04-29-2013, 03:14 PM

6,756 posts, read 8,573,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ketch89 View Post
The teachers at that school were right to suspend the student. The NRA no longer represents gun owners, they represent gun manufacturers. Over 90% of Americans want universal background checks for gun buyers, and 79% of Montanans, yet thanks to the influence of groups like the NRA and politicians that bathe in money from the gun companies, we can't pass it through congress. The NRA represents something that democrats, republicans, and independents all despise: corporate greed, government dysfunction, and money's control of our representatives.

Most everyone hates Nazis, and would consider a student wearing a Nazi t-shirt a distraction. Most everyone hates what the NRA has become in the past 10 years, so I'd say it's a distraction too.
You need to get out of california more often, it seems to have given you a very jaundiced and incorrect view on what "everybody" thinks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana