U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-28-2008, 11:09 AM

154 posts, read 591,586 times

Advertisements

very impressive!!! I like those pics.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2008, 12:51 AM

406 posts, read 1,206,743 times
Default pics of the summer

i haven't been around for awhile. the pictures down below should offer some explanation... it is starting to get cold again, and i have to crawl into my hole (which is actually my couch) and start heading to the gym again so i can rock it out next summer once again. summer is always short no matter where you are.
Attached Thumbnails
Pics thread! (First post, Montana Information Links)-meagan-lava-lake.jpg   Pics thread! (First post, Montana Information Links)-story-mill.jpg   Pics thread! (First post, Montana Information Links)-meagan-storm-castle-1.jpg   Pics thread! (First post, Montana Information Links)-sunset-near-cameron-lake.jpg   Pics thread! (First post, Montana Information Links)-false-summit-cedar-mountain.jpg  

Pics thread! (First post, Montana Information Links)-mountain-goats-hardscrabble1.jpg  

Old 10-01-2008, 01:00 AM

406 posts, read 1,206,743 times
Default some more summer pics

a few more from me
Attached Thumbnails
Pics thread! (First post, Montana Information Links)-hyalite-canyon-hyalite-peak1.jpg   Pics thread! (First post, Montana Information Links)-hyalite-canyon1.jpg   Pics thread! (First post, Montana Information Links)-cedar-lake.jpg   Pics thread! (First post, Montana Information Links)-hailstones.jpg   Pics thread! (First post, Montana Information Links)-squaw-creek-canyon.jpg  

Old 10-09-2008, 01:13 PM

1,078 posts, read 2,283,416 times
Behind Lincoln last spring (march) we still had over 17 feet of snow!! crazy winter-great for the snowmobiling and crops though-we sure needed the moisture

Old 10-09-2008, 08:14 PM

10 posts, read 32,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackdogs-mt View Post
I just posted a bunch of Western Montana photos on the album link here at city-data. Check them out.

http://www.city-data.com/forum/membe...na-photos.html
Absolutely unreal! I could actually feel my blood pressure drop. A long forgotten tranquility came over me while looking at your pics. I have been living in a city too long.

Thanks to all who posted here, I will be using this thread as a de-stressor from now on!

Old 10-10-2008, 12:20 PM

7,540 posts, read 12,581,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allforcats View Post
These looks at eastern Montana farmland are wonderful!! What marvelously tortured and funny puns!! This is a treat. Thank you, Gman.
I know townies like to think of farmers as dumb clodhoppers... but those farmers have a LOT of time to cogitate while they're driving that tractor or hauling that hay to the cows in the back 40. Those wonderful puns, and the stories told by just some hay and a few props, are definitely not the product of dull minds!!

I know I do most of my writing while I'm shovelling out the kennel... the brain has nothing better to do, so it thinks up stuff it would never create without that idle time when the body is busy but the brain is not.

There's been some research lately on How Kids Learn that found what our older generation already knew: Kids get their book learnin' in school, but they learn how to apply it to the world during that idle time when they're just "being a kid" -- chasing frogs, digging up anthills, building a fort out of sticks, making mudpies, chewing grass stems, watching the clouds drift past. That's when the brain does its *processing* of the facts it stashed away during the book learnin' session. The moral is, let kids be kids (as kids need to be for at least part of every day) and they'll grow up to be smart adults who can figure stuff out. Schedule every minute of their day and they'll never learn to really think.

Farmers, by the very nature of their work, get a LOT of that "idle time" for their brains to process whatever they learned the day before ... and out comes stuff like the Great Hay Punfest!

Old 10-11-2008, 07:12 PM

638 posts, read 1,720,399 times
Default Winter 10/11/08

Over 24 hours of nonstop snow so far... AND wind. it's clearing part of our yard but giving us snowdrifts of 3 feet high...
Attached Thumbnails
Pics thread! (First post, Montana Information Links)-picture2-013.jpg   Pics thread! (First post, Montana Information Links)-picture2-019.jpg   Pics thread! (First post, Montana Information Links)-picture2-018.jpg   Pics thread! (First post, Montana Information Links)-picture2-015.jpg   Pics thread! (First post, Montana Information Links)-picture2-014.jpg  

Old 10-12-2008, 10:24 AM

61 posts, read 300,831 times
Thanks for sharing your snow pictures!! We missed out on it up here!

Old 10-13-2008, 01:39 PM

154 posts, read 591,586 times
Wow, that's pretty much snow for October, isn't it?

Old 10-13-2008, 04:31 PM

638 posts, read 1,720,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Funny_74 View Post
Wow, that's pretty much snow for October, isn't it?

W/Montana you never know LOL.. it actually got worse than those pics. Those were taken Saturday afternoon. We have more pics taken Sunday morning after snowing almost 48 hours straight.

We had snow drifts 3 feet high in front of the garage (couldn't get cars out and didn't feel like shoveling LOL) so we stayed home and vegged out.

Around the front of the house and front door it was even higher and w/o the wind from saturday blowing our lawn was about 2" deep. A poor 4x4 was trying to take the corner by our house but the snow was so thick he got stuck and took him about 5 minutes to get his truck going again.

today SOME of the snow melted because it finally stopped and the sun is out (but so is that wind...wwwooooo) but we are still packed tight.. at least the car is out and hubby can get to work.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or