U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-29-2010, 09:11 PM

7 posts, read 19,711 times

Advertisements

Nice Pics !

THanks for posting
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2010, 01:51 PM

5,792 posts, read 9,271,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reedsmit View Post
It looks like my daughter is definately learning to drive in snow. Thanks for the photo.

I had some photos to post, but I see I have to have them on a site and than post the link,
can you recommend a good site to do this. Or is there another way to accomplish it.
You can use Photobucket, or you can just create an album as part of your CDF profile. That's what I did. But remember to click on "Public" accessibility, otherwise nobody else can see your pics!

Old 01-31-2010, 07:50 PM

475 posts, read 1,315,790 times
Great thank you for the information.

Old 02-01-2010, 08:21 PM

1,191 posts, read 2,567,438 times
It's not scenic or wildlife, just a shot I took today of snow sliding down from a metal roof and curling over the eaves.... icecicles have connected to the siding like flying buttresses and are helping to hold the snow in place.
Attached Thumbnails
Pics thread! (First post, Montana Information Links)-photo-71.jpg  

Old 02-02-2010, 12:16 PM

7,540 posts, read 12,581,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by happiness is View Post
It's not scenic or wildlife, just a shot I took today of snow sliding down from a metal roof and curling over the eaves.... icecicles have connected to the siding like flying buttresses and are helping to hold the snow in place.
Heh, that's interesting. I've seen snow make a big overhang as a frozen slab slowly slides off a roof, but have never seen it curl under like that before!

Old 02-02-2010, 12:18 PM

7,540 posts, read 12,581,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYMTman View Post
Just a random pic I took from around the neighborhood the other day. Thught it was funny to see a four-foot fence nearly covered in snow.
Where 'zactly is your neighbourhood? That poor little tree sure looks pathetic, sticking out of the snow like that!

Old 02-02-2010, 04:19 PM

10 posts, read 18,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYMTman View Post
More of Bozeman during the peak of the blizzard this morning:

You just don't get blizzards like that back east. Even in the LES areas.
Actually you do. In Buffalo, the surrounding towns, and in upstate NY around Oswego and Watertown, it's as bad, or worse. Born in Buffalo, lived there until aged 24. What in God's name am I doing in Ft. Lauderdale!!! LOL

But, that's indeed one handsome snowstorm you have there. Gotta respect Montanans for being able to handle that snow. Sledding must be a blast up there. So much open terrain.

Old 02-03-2010, 04:53 AM

475 posts, read 1,315,790 times
I understand Ft. Drum, NY is where the military does it's ARCTIC TRAINING. You get those lake effect snows coming off the great lakes.

But I don't know if you get as cold as MT does. Those -35 to -45 without windchill are frightenly dangerous.

I escaped the lake effect snows of northeast OH for south FL as well.

Old 02-04-2010, 11:40 AM

1,191 posts, read 2,567,438 times
Here is another angle of that curling roof snow, showing the depth that has accumulated since the first big storm in October. It's in Bozeman. A friend of mine in West Yellowstone has one sliding off the metal roof of her house that has made almost a complete circle.
Attached Thumbnails
Pics thread! (First post, Montana Information Links)-photo-67.jpg  

Old 02-05-2010, 02:57 PM

1,154 posts, read 3,957,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reziac View Post
Where 'zactly is your neighbourhood? That poor little tree sure looks pathetic, sticking out of the snow like that!
I live in the extreme southeast corner of town near the corner Kagy and Sourdough. Those pics were taken in one of the newer developments just south of me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or