U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2014, 12:09 AM

47 posts, read 58,031 times

Advertisements

What I meant was, the mountain weather here in ID can be crazy. Sometimes can be crazy here in the valley too. Just depends on what happens. I've decided to stick to my original plan of going to Texas at the end of the year, barring anything out of the ordinary happening.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2014, 07:42 AM

5,792 posts, read 9,258,027 times
Texas! Talk about crazy weather...they went from 80 degrees to 30 within an hour in San Antonio earlier this week! Blue Norther. And then there are those tornados further north, every year, and hurricanes on the coast. But of course there isn't much snow...

If I were you I'd drive over to Great Falls and spend a few days later in the spring. Mt.Home is not far away--you could do a great little road trip. Do some exploration before you decide to move to another part of the country!

Old 03-08-2014, 09:00 AM

The thing is, this job that the lady called me about, they want to try to have the employees there relocated within 2 months...I dont have the kind of money and time to take off work to do a visit if they gave me a job offer. Plus, I dont know anyone from MT, I have friends in TX.

Old 03-08-2014, 08:22 PM

4,641 posts, read 3,967,018 times
Great Falls has the feel of a bigger Glendive without the oil boom.

Old 03-28-2014, 09:14 PM

7,540 posts, read 12,571,634 times
Tho the snow melts off pretty regularly. And some years it doesn't get much. One winter a few years back it didn't get ANY. That regular freeze/thaw cycle all winter long is why the streets get so potholed, even tho they do a lot of maintenance. We were fairly sure there were VWs swimming in the potholes on 10th Ave. South.

Old 04-06-2014, 11:28 PM

Well, I am reconsidering Montana. I have never been there, and I hear it's beautiful. I think Texas is just too much for me. Too big. Although there are smaller cities there, I think i'd like montana better. More closely like Idaho...right?? As far as being able to find a place that rents to people with 2 small dogs, is that hard to find?

Old 04-07-2014, 06:16 AM

836 posts, read 1,371,424 times
Over 90% of the rentals across the country say No Pets.

That being said, some will still allow pets if you have references and a deposit.

Rentals are so tight they can be choosier.

Old 04-15-2014, 12:58 PM

475 posts, read 558,820 times
Moved to Great Falls way back and was horrified (coming from Bellingham, WA). But when we left 4 years later in 1977 we cried. It was the best place our family had been stationed in. Heard a lot has not changed and that can be great!

Old 04-21-2014, 12:14 PM

7 posts, read 52,083 times
I think Chicago's point is well made.

I noticed this topic is old, but to maybe other people searching for a new topic I thought I would throw in my thoughts. There was a clear line for me when Great Falls would be a great place or a god awful place.

I grew up in Great Falls, and lived there for 18 years. I was so glad to finally leave.

I went back for a summer job once when I was 23 and worked in a professional field. I liked the pay, living was very affordable, and people were great. There's some really great spots in great Falls.
That being said, I declined a full time position. I -had- to leave. It's a dismal place for young single people looking to make a change or something happen.

If I was raising a family, looking for a good job, looking for a decent and safe place to raise my kids and enjoy the outdoors - Great Falls is would be great. If I was 35 and had a kid and a job in Great Falls, I'd be really happy with the environment, etc....

If I was (and am) a 25 year old, single, and looking for fun stuff to do/concerts to see/quality 25 year old people to meet -
Great falls is horrible.

There is no growth, no change, nothing.
That is a very good thing for many people, and sounds awful for others.

It depends what you want. I have moved toSan Francisco and have worked there for a while, and all I can say is if I ever get a family, I won't raise them here....(SF has made me feel I can't imagine raising a family outside of Montana... )

For now, SF is great for me.
There was a time MT was great for me.
And that time will likely come again.

The rent is also much cheaper because the other decent places to live are all college towns.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana