U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2014, 04:53 PM

69 posts, read 91,576 times

Advertisements

Unlike some states where there is like one area that many go to (Jackson Hole, Sun Valley come to mind)

Montana has so many locations where people come for vacation or the have a vacation homes. Where do people go for a ranch surrounded by mountains?
The best prime area? Thank you and God Bless.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2014, 05:05 PM

4,641 posts, read 3,962,883 times
Please clarify. Are you looking to purchase a ranch surrounded by mountains in the best prime area? If that is true, for best it likely starts at ten million dollars.

Old 05-11-2014, 05:12 PM

7,663 posts, read 8,950,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Global CitiZen X View Post
Unlike some states where there is like one area that many go to (Jackson Hole, Sun Valley come to mind)

Montana has so many locations where people come for vacation or the have a vacation homes. Where do people go for a ranch surrounded by mountains?
This description matches a lot of the southwestern and western parts of the state. The two most popular tourist destinations are Glacier National Park and Yellowstone National Park. Are you looking for a dude ranch to stay in? I imagine there are some of those around those areas. Can you be a bit more specific?

Old 05-12-2014, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by historyfan View Post
Please clarify. Are you looking to purchase a ranch surrounded by mountains in the best prime area? If that is true, for best it likely starts at ten million dollars.
I'm not looking to purchase anything. When you reread my question I never said I was looking to purchase anything.
I am looking for information.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WyoEagle View Post
This description matches a lot of the southwestern and western parts of the state. The two most popular tourist destinations are Glacier National Park and Yellowstone National Park. Are you looking for a dude ranch to stay in? I imagine there are some of those around those areas. Can you be a bit more specific?
I want to walk outside my door and see this!!

http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs70/i/20..._CTArneson.jpg

Could you name any counties to help my search. Thanks.

Last edited by ElkHunter; 05-12-2014 at 08:55 PM.. Reason: Copyrighted image

Old 05-12-2014, 09:53 AM

4,882 posts, read 5,763,319 times
Quote:
I'm not looking to purchase anything. When you reread my question I never said I was looking to purchase anything.
I am looking for information.

I want to walk outside my door and see this!!

Cooke City

Could you name any counties to help my search. Thanks.
Counties: Park, Gallatin, Sweetgrass, Golden Valley, Meagher, Lewis and Clark, Broadwater, Silver Bow, Jefferson, Madison, Beaverhead, Ravalli, Granite, Missoula, Mineral, Sanders, Lake, Flathead, Lincoln, Glacier, Pondera, Cascade, Fergus, Carbon, Musselshell and Carbon.

Take your pick.

Most of the pictures you have there look like they came from the Beartooth Highway in Carbon and Park counties.

Although that last one with the old hay shed could be in the SpringHill area north of Bozeman in Gallatin County.

Old 05-12-2014, 02:32 PM

4,641 posts, read 3,962,883 times
Your heading says "what area would one move to". Which implies purchase or rent. Renting in rural Montana is not always an option.

Those photos show high country lakes where the snow would be extremely deep in the Winter making the areas inaccessible. The old barn photo is at a lower elevation similar to the Flint Creek area near Philipsburg, Granite County or the Rock Creek area near Red Lodge.

Any of the counties with mountains will have areas like these. Look at topo maps for elevations over 6,500'.

Old 05-12-2014, 06:47 PM

21,232 posts, read 14,251,947 times
Quote:

Obviously, you know nothing about Wyoming or Idaho.

Nothing against Montana; I've lived there, and her mountains are gorgeous, but it isn't called the InterMOUNTAIN West for nothing. Idaho is the most mountainous state in the lower 48, and Wyoming is full of mountains. Utah is mountainous. Every state that has the Rockies within it's boundaries has mountains aplenty.

And none can compare to the Canadian Rockies. Eastern B.C. has mountains everywhere. Bigger mountains that we have here.

Old 05-13-2014, 06:33 AM

629 posts, read 1,439,046 times
Two of your pictures are from Glacier National Park. The first is from the Highline trail looking towards Logan Pass and Birdwoman Falls, the second is looking at Hidden Lake. The county closest to Glacier NP would be Flathead and Glacier but there are beautiful mountain views in most of the western part of the state.

Old 05-13-2014, 09:15 PM

I like Park County.

Old 05-14-2014, 01:16 PM

4,882 posts, read 5,763,319 times
Park County Montana:

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or