Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-11-2007, 04:14 PM

3 posts, read 8,325 times

Advertisements

Hi all! My husband and I are looking to move from the Willamette Valley in Oregon to somewhere in Montana. We love to be outdoors, we need to be somewhere where jobs aren't TOO hard to find (I am a nanny and have been an infant teacher, he does heating and air conditioning stuff). We are looking for a rental that would accept 2 large dogs and 2 cats, no kids yet but hopefully soon. We aren't used to a bunch of snow but can handle a few inches. lol Somewhere not too big, very friendly, "small town" feel... Any suggestions? We are going to find jobs before we move, obviously, and are really needing a change in scenery.... Thanks for all your help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2007, 05:39 PM

12 posts, read 36,710 times
Smile Willamette Valley

What area of the Willamette do you live in? My husband and I currently live in Aumsville and are wanting to relocate to Montana as well. Really like the Helena area.

Old 12-11-2007, 06:28 PM

152 posts, read 530,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sadybug View Post
Hi all! My husband and I are looking to move from the Willamette Valley in Oregon to somewhere in Montana. We love to be outdoors, we need to be somewhere where jobs aren't TOO hard to find (I am a nanny and have been an infant teacher, he does heating and air conditioning stuff). We are looking for a rental that would accept 2 large dogs and 2 cats, no kids yet but hopefully soon. We aren't used to a bunch of snow but can handle a few inches. lol Somewhere not too big, very friendly, "small town" feel... Any suggestions? We are going to find jobs before we move, obviously, and are really needing a change in scenery.... Thanks for all your help!
I moved from the valley over the summer to montana, you had better visit in both types of weather, have a job and be prepared to be self sufficiant in many areas of the state, people here actually fix their own flat tires Ocassionally pitch in to help a neighbor, and live indepentant lives, it is not oregon (thank the lord) so you better be prepared or stick to the western side which is more of an extenstion of cal and or.

Old 12-12-2007, 10:31 AM

3 posts, read 8,325 times
Default Oregon

Kroeger: We live in the Eugene area right now but grew up in the Coos Bay area... we were looking into MIssoula but I recently discovered Helena and it seems to be great! Let me know if you find anything out! heehee

Peg: My dad taught me how to be semi-self sufficient...I can change my own tire and now I need to learn how to change my own oil. lol....Who says we want to move somewhere like Oregon/Cal?

Old 12-12-2007, 07:18 PM

152 posts, read 530,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sadybug View Post
Kroeger: We live in the Eugene area right now but grew up in the Coos Bay area... we were looking into MIssoula but I recently discovered Helena and it seems to be great! Let me know if you find anything out! heehee

Peg: My dad taught me how to be semi-self sufficient...I can change my own tire and now I need to learn how to change my own oil. lol....Who says we want to move somewhere like Oregon/Cal?
Sorry no disrespect intented, some services are scarce in parts of the state, meaning no jiffy lube ect
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana