Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2014, 11:12 PM

Location: Approximately 50 miles from Missoula MT/38 yrs full time after 4 yrs part time
2,308 posts, read 4,122,467 times

Advertisements

Hey Elk..........................

Just thought I'd check in and see how you're handling this weather............................Looks like in about 4 to 7 days you'll be in the mid to high 90's. I can't remember if you've got AC at your place.........I don't have it, but sure wish I did................I'm not a "hot-weather person".......... and a few days in the last 8 or so we hit 97 to 99 and I really can't handle it like I could when I was 20 years younger.

How'd that trip into the Doc last FRiday go?

Well, stay "cool" 'ole buddy...............we're thinkin' of ya
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2014, 03:43 PM

18,700 posts, read 42,057,790 times
Thanks Griz

Some days are good, some not so good. Thankfully the good ones are more frequent.

Yes, cabin has central air. I have balanced billing. Cabin is all electric and my bill ruins $87.50 per month which isn't bad considering meter alone is $25 per month. When its nice out, like now, the door is open and so are the windows. But remember, my cabin is only 438 sq feet. Small for some folks but plenty big for me.

Old 07-17-2014, 07:39 AM

Not for the feint.
Attached Thumbnails
.....Elk Hunter....Status??-140716_0003.jpg  

Old 07-17-2014, 05:38 PM

160 posts, read 301,253 times
DAMN Elk,

Not sure where you’re buying your meat, but you might want to try a different butcher. Never seen a cut quite like that one!

In all seriousness, hope you’re on the road to complete recovery.

Old 07-17-2014, 05:41 PM

2,790 posts, read 6,128,017 times
Thinking of you. Wish I could bring over some homemade chicken soup! Follow the doctors' orders!

Old 07-17-2014, 09:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by popcorn247 View Post
Thinking of you. Wish I could bring over some homemade chicken soup! Follow the doctors' orders!
I am, even if the doctor didn't tell me to go fishing this afternoon and this evening. Just walked inn the door. hahahahaha

Old 07-19-2014, 11:29 PM

3,887 posts, read 4,540,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElkHunter View Post
Not for the feint.
I LOOKED!

Actually, it looks like a big pair of lips!
Get well from someone you don't know from Adam, but who's read quite a few of your posts when I've wandered over to the Montana forum thinking... "Hmmm...wonder if the grass is greener over there?"

All the best!

Old 07-19-2014, 11:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Podo944 View Post
I LOOKED!

Actually, it looks like a big pair of lips!
Get well from someone you don't know from Adam, but who's read quite a few of your posts when I've wandered over to the Montana forum thinking... "Hmmm...wonder if the grass is greener over there?"

All the best!
Several people have said the same thing. hahahaha

I like traumatizing my grandson, so I showed him and he said "cool". When he was 5, he was playing with his belly button and I told him not to do that or he might break the string. He perked up and asked, "what string?" I told him there was a draw string between his butt and his belly button and you don't want to break it or stretch it. A couple years later I was in the hospital having had hernia surgery and they had removed my belly button and he was there visiting. He wanted to see, so I showed him. He sidled up close and quietly asked, "Grandpa, what's holding your butt hole in?" 7 years old, memory as sharp as a tack. hahahaha

Old 07-20-2014, 04:23 PM

3,887 posts, read 4,540,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElkHunter View Post
Several people have said the same thing. hahahaha

I like traumatizing my grandson, so I showed him and he said "cool". When he was 5, he was playing with his belly button and I told him not to do that or he might break the string. He perked up and asked, "what string?" I told him there was a draw string between his butt and his belly button and you don't want to break it or stretch it. A couple years later I was in the hospital having had hernia surgery and they had removed my belly button and he was there visiting. He wanted to see, so I showed him. He sidled up close and quietly asked, "Grandpa, what's holding your butt hole in?" 7 years old, memory as sharp as a tack. hahahaha
LOL!!! Love your attitude! Laughing hurts after surgery, but it's also healing.

BTW, I have a dear friend who has so many scars from his surgeries due to Crohn's disease, gallbladder, and kidney stones, he looks like he lost a fight with Zorro! He's also a fighter, and once he was "dead" for 45 seconds, had an "experience" of some sort, and when he recovered went out and bought himself a jet ski!

Old 07-25-2014, 12:27 PM

Just an update.

Still having a few bad days, but not near as many as before. Actually feeling pretty good. Just have to keep reminding myself not to over do it. That's easy to say and hard to comply. On days I feel really good it is difficult to not push and get things done. Kind of like that tough old Griz, I live by myself and if I don't do it, it doesn't get done.

I was carrying water to my garden as my cabin doesn't have an outside spigot, but that stopped after the surgery so I had a friend carry water for me. I think I mentioned we put in 6 new RV spaces to add to the three we had. Last week I picked up fittings and 't'd' into water on the space next to my cabin and now can water with a hose.

We kind of had a rush on the 6 new spaces so I had to grab the dump truck and bring in 8 loads of 2 minus. Then took the Kabota and spread it. Following day we had 5 RV's move in, so just in the nick of time. Problem is it was 100+ that day and I over did it. Following day I left the A/C of the cabin and only went to the porch for a few minutes in the evening. Now I am putting a new deck in my small trailer so I am painting wood. This I am really being careful. So far I have painted three times, only about 45 minutes, each day. That has been enough in this heat. Today, the high is only supposed to hit 83, so this evening I should be able to get a little more done.

Wound is shrinking, slow but sure. Hole at the top is almost closed, 3 cm. The lips were about 35 cm is now down to 19 cm long and it was 6 cm wide, now 2.5 cm wide.

I have a follow on appointment in Billings next week. Last follow up appointment, they kept me and went back to cutting, so I am kind of Leary. hahahahahaha. Hopefully, they'll pull this drain out of me, its getting old hooking it up 4-5 times a day. Of course the vacuum pump is getting old too, but I will have to carry that another 3 weeks or so.

Well, that's how I stand. Still going in to the VA every other day for wound dressing change, but starting next week, we are going to shoot for three days instead of two.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
View detailed profiles of: