U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2007, 05:06 PM

50 posts, read 181,371 times

Advertisements

No mosquitos (at least in my area), but no rain either ... :-(.

No tornadoes, but we had a heck of a straightline wind this summer. We had to cut ourselves out of the West Kootenai with a chainsaw ... That brought back memories of the MidWest....LOL!

Long summer nights with light until 10:30 p.m. and every sunset new.

Clear skies to see the constellations and winking stars.

The awesomeness of the mountains.... God at work!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2007, 04:22 PM

92 posts, read 351,842 times
I love the wildlife that I can sit and watch from the comfort of my house, I love my neighbors & the fact that they would help if it was asked of them, I love the long drives to larger towns and I love that we don't have a stoplight where I live. I love how most everyone in town knows who you are and what you do here and that they recognize when something exceptional has happened.

Old 01-03-2008, 02:13 PM

95 posts, read 343,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
I like the fact I can walk into almost any goverment office and be at worst second in line and they are more than willing to talk with you, and actually HELP you get what you need.
what town are you talking about??? Because this is not the case in Bozeman!!

Old 01-04-2008, 07:43 PM

22,952 posts, read 22,459,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theRain View Post
what town are you talking about??? Because this is not the case in Bozeman!!
Kalispell. I've needed something from the plat room or from the recorders office and actually just called, explained what I wanted, she put down the phone and looked it up, copied it and I said I'd drive in to get it. She asked if I had a fax and when I said yes she shot it right over to me.
I've walked into the plat room or recorder or planning with a weird question and spent an hour going over the plat books or talking over the questions with them and finding out way more than I thought I needed when I walked in there. The longest I've ever waited was about 4 minutes for one to be available.

The only hold up sometimes is getting a car registration or a drivers license but it's not horrible. Walked in the other day with my son to get his license and was in and out in a little less than a half hour including driving test.
I'm floored by the service at these offices, never have I had contact with such a good group of government employees!!!!!

Old 01-04-2008, 07:48 PM

1,436 posts, read 2,918,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
I've walked into the plat room or recorder or planning with a weird question and spent an hour going over the plat books or talking over the questions with them and finding out way more than I thought I needed when I walked in there. The longest I've ever waited was about 4 minutes for one to be available.
Ya but the guy behind you waited an hour.......

Old 01-22-2009, 05:42 AM

2 posts, read 3,171 times
montana is simply the best,bar none,my son and i were in dillon montana three years ago,the pride, the friendship ,the warmth, the honor with witch they do things is fantastic,polite & we live in western new york what a big difference .montana is truly the last best place to live.anyone living in montana sure is blessed,,be thankful & be gratefull for where your at, i would gladly trade places with you.

Old 01-23-2009, 10:54 AM

352 posts, read 1,004,719 times
I like the fact that I can go ride in wagon tracks that are well over a hundred years old.

I like the fact that there is so much recent history - if you know the stories and the locations there are a lot of remnants to see.

I like the fact that the weather is just harsh enough for people to complain. Keeps the herd thinned.

I enjoy talking with visitors; hearing them talk about the preconceptions they have about our state is pretty interesting. I doubly enjoy letting their kids maul my old hat and seeing their faces as they get their picture taken.

I cherish that there are still stashes of country where I never see human sign. Not many left, but those that are there are more than worth it. Gives perspective.

I like the summer mountain air that is just as deep and sweet as a spring creek, the storms that blow through, and sitting around a high mountain camp with a billion diamonds above, and the Milky Way so clear that it's like sitting immersed in this giant wheeling pool of stars and dark. It makes your breath catch if you sense it just right.

I cherish the experiences I've had. I never exactly made a great living, probably missed tons of vacation time, likely won't have much of a retirement. But I get to be one of the ones who have stories. Lots and lots of stories. And a few scars, too, lest I forget some of the better ones.

And that's what life is, I think....a collection of memories.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana