U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-19-2007, 05:15 AM

22,952 posts, read 22,472,974 times

Advertisements

So who can explain the Bozoman city council passing a resolution against the war and demanding it's quick end? Then I find out Missoula has done the same thing?
I thought this state was above that kind of thing, you'd think they had better things to do than cow-tow to a few rabble rousers and meddle in affairs that absolutely have NOTHING to do with local affairs nor that they have any control over. Has San Fran sicko taken over?
Gee, I guess they've got their cities business all in order, schools runing well, all services well planed and runing properly,streets not full of potholes and all paved.
Does anyone else think that the council members that voted for this need to be replaced with people who are more concerned with city affairs than meddling in national ones?
HELP, the left coast is infiltrating......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2007, 08:15 AM

6,023 posts, read 11,876,324 times
Default What's next ?

Sanctuary cities for Illegal immigrants ? I'm smellin it already !
Even if we did leave Iraq we would just get in another ****ty little war somewhere else !

Old 12-19-2007, 10:58 AM

18 posts, read 42,698 times
Default Always mad about something

Jim is is just me or does all your posts always have to be so negative. First off if people from other states want to move there who cares i am moving there from another state in January. Second you should care about world affairs because they involve all of us. So i think its great that you city and state wants to get involved, it shows that they care. We should not be leaving Iraq anyways until the job is complete, which may be never or could be soon no one truly knows.I am proud to live in acountry where we can go over seas and help other countries that need our help. That is what we should all be about is helping other people. U should look in the mirror and smile, because you bitterness is not good for you or your state. Gob bless you and GOD BLESS ALL OF OUR TROOPS.

Old 12-19-2007, 12:09 PM

1,640 posts, read 4,223,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by concrete32 View Post
Jim is is just me or does all your posts always have to be so negative.
It's just you

Old 12-19-2007, 07:22 PM

1,154 posts, read 3,956,737 times
Butte and Helena have also passed anti-war resolutions.

Even the Republicans in the state legislature have unanimously passed resolutions against the Patriot Act, Real ID, and other Bush measures. Actually, we didn't just pass a resolution against the Real ID. We nullified it and will simply ignore it.

Montana has always opposed what the federal government tries to do.

Old 12-19-2007, 08:33 PM

22,952 posts, read 22,472,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by concrete32 View Post
Jim is is just me or does all your posts always have to be so negative. First off if people from other states want to move there who cares i am moving there from another state in January. Second you should care about world affairs because they involve all of us. So i think its great that you city and state wants to get involved, it shows that they care. We should not be leaving Iraq anyways until the job is complete, which may be never or could be soon no one truly knows.I am proud to live in acountry where we can go over seas and help other countries that need our help. That is what we should all be about is helping other people. U should look in the mirror and smile, because you bitterness is not good for you or your state. Gob bless you and GOD BLESS ALL OF OUR TROOPS.
Naw, it's just you..... I've never said people shouldn't move here just because they wanted to and never said they should move here either. That's a personal issue and all I can do is honestly tell them what I see. There are things about this place I don't like but can't control, like the cold so I'll just exit stage left (or right depending) and find warmer climes.....

As for Montana being against pretty much everything the government does, I agree and that's what I like about this place, it comes with a big BUT though... That would be that resolutions like the one mentioned above have absolutely no effect on anything except to pander to what I feel is a small group of people and waste time and effort that could be spent doing something constructive for the city they were elected to serve.
We made an error going into Iraq but we can't leave now for it would do more damage and we'd be shafting them for the second or third time so I'm guessing they'd really hate us then and be open to Iran taking them over which would be real bad. Again, no city council resolution is ever going to have an effect except to give some the warm fuzzies and make them feel like they did something....

Old 12-19-2007, 09:03 PM

495 posts, read 365,292 times
Hey and I thought it was just me.

Ya' know I keep trying, or well, I do keep telling people Montana ain't what they think, it's really a bunch of old hippies. It doesn't surprise me in the least that Bo-zone and Zo-town pasted these meaningless feel good resolutions.
But don't get me started on stupid things the city council does...they're so dump you just have to laugh. Have another toke guys...............
or is it just me ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana