Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Can anyone help me with this?
Any knowledge of these sketches? 0 0%
Any knowledge of artist;Senska? 0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2008, 12:48 AM

3 posts, read 11,375 times

Advertisements

Does anyone have any idea how to find out the story of two sketches I have ,drawn by Frances Senska.One titled Iowa City; Signed Senska `46 the other is titled Old Stamping Mill; For Fran signed Senska `47. They are both originals.The only thing I can find out is about her being known for her Pottery.
Attached Thumbnails
Montana artist Senska-picture-40.jpg   Montana artist Senska-picture-41.jpg   Montana artist Senska-picture-42.jpg   Montana artist Senska-picture-43.jpg   Montana artist Senska-picture-44.jpg  

Montana artist Senska-picture-45.jpg   Montana artist Senska-picture-46.jpg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2008, 12:14 PM

369 posts, read 1,454,476 times
Try googling 'Frances Senska'. I believe he was associated with the Archie Bray.

Old 03-15-2008, 06:21 PM

Default I Have.

Trust me.I Googled everything you can think of. I still only come up with her and her pottery. She seems to be quite famous for that.She is associated with Archie Bray.Thank you anyway. I`ll keep trying.

Old 06-05-2008, 10:43 PM

1 posts, read 3,732 times
I can't tell you anything about the artist but i like the work. I'd be interested if you ever decide to part with these. Thx

Old 06-12-2008, 04:52 PM

8,087 posts, read 15,156,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by susieq2457 View Post
Trust me.I Googled everything you can think of. I still only come up with her and her pottery. She seems to be quite famous for that.She is associated with Archie Bray.Thank you anyway. I`ll keep trying.
Wonderful sketches!! Anyway... apparently she is still alive and living in Bozeman, tho I couldn't find anything specific. But you might contact people at MSU's art department and see if someone there can put you in touch with her directly. Failing that, why not ask the Archie Bray people? Anyway...

Go to this page
MSU-Bozeman Faculty/Staff Directory by Department (http://gemini.msu.montana.edu/msuinfo/dplist.html - broken link)
scroll down to and click the link for "Art"
(it is an encrypted link and does not work if used from outside the MSU system)
This brings up an alphabetical list of current department personnel. I'd probably start with the admin secretary, listed at the bottom of the page.

Old 06-16-2008, 06:55 PM

I have found out a great deal since my last post. I have sent the lithographs to Frances Senska and her caretaker,Shelburn Murry.She has made sure that they are in a very safe enviroment.I was so afraid of damaging them.I know nothing about art. Only that I like it.Please contact her to inquire about condition and the artist.I can be reached at email: susieq2457@yahoo.com and I can lead you to Shelburn.
The story of how I come to own these lithographs is quite amazing too.My great find at a yard sale and how I got them for free. Ask me about it

Frances Senska is an amazing woman. Her art will live on forever because she has put her heart and soul into every piece,weather a clay pot,or a drawing . And she has past on her knowledge to younger artists who will continue her work.Thank you, Susie Hill.

Last edited by susieq2457; 06-16-2008 at 07:10 PM..

Old 06-17-2008, 02:14 AM

8,087 posts, read 15,156,006 times
Quote:
I have found out a great deal since my last post. I have sent the lithographs to Frances Senska and her caretaker,Shelburn Murry.She has made sure that they are in a very safe enviroment.I was so afraid of damaging them.I know nothing about art. Only that I like it.
That's very generous of you! Perhaps someday we'll see them exhibited in a museum, where everyone can enjoy them!

Quote:
Please contact her to inquire about condition and the artist.I can be reached at email: susieq2457@yahoo.com and I can lead you to Shelburn.
The story of how I come to own these lithographs is quite amazing too.My great find at a yard sale and how I got them for free. Ask me about it.
Hey! We're askin'!!

Quote:
Frances Senska is an amazing woman. Her art will live on forever because she has put her heart and soul into every piece,weather a clay pot,or a drawing . And she has past on her knowledge to younger artists who will continue her work.Thank you, Susie Hill.
That's the best thing - willingness to pass on her skills, so future generations benefit.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana