U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2008, 10:18 PM

6,039 posts, read 6,753,145 times

Advertisements

I have only been in 8 or 9 bars in my whole life, high brow or low brow I have no use for them at all. I would rather be towing a large crankbait or spoon behind my electric kayak, picture link below.

Picasa Web Albums - Rick - not in bar
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2008, 12:13 PM

495 posts, read 45,640 times
rickers wrote:
Quote:
I have only been in 8 or 9 bars in my whole life, high brow or low brow I have no use for them at all. I would rather be towing a large crankbait or spoon behind my electric kayak, picture link below.
you are a lot better off - just go easy on the fish

Old 01-31-2008, 09:28 PM

Holy smokes I'm afraid to eat fish anymore, it all seems to have a bunch of mercury anymore. I won't even eat tuna on a sandwich either, I substitute sardines ! I do still eat a bit of perch from these lakes but not much. I'll also eat small trout from little streams but no more big fish for me. I like to catch any kind of fish but usually I release them right away The last few years all those smallies that got into the Lower Flathead River have gotten pretty big and they are really fun fighters! Rooster tails and crank baits work good if you can find out where they are hanging. I've seen them basking in backwater areas by the hundreds.
I sell Cobra Kayaks and My "Tupperware Trawler" is kind of a demo unit all pimped out for fishing. But it's not just for showroom display, I show it on the river to curious boaters who want to get a better look at it. I plan on putting another one together in a year or two but right now I am working on another possible business project that is diverting most of my attention.

Old 02-01-2008, 02:52 PM

495 posts, read 45,640 times
rickers, I haven't eatin' any local fish for quite sometime. Especially trout from the larger rivers, I think they are a lot more valuable in the river than on my plate. And I really wonder about eating the fish in the Clark Fork these days especially with that dam project going on these days.

Old 02-01-2008, 09:40 PM

Hey Joe I don't know if you like canned tuna, but I used to love it untill it got "dirty"
Try this, it's a really good snack
1 can of Resses boneless,skinless sardine fillets in olive oil,
8 to 10 Ritz crackers, (or more) !,
1 clove of garlic,

Remove skin from a clove of garlic and cut an end off, place a cracker on a flat, clean surface and rub both sides of the cracker with the garlic clove fairly hard without breaking the cracker. Repeat this step untill all the crackers are well garlicked up !
serve on a plate along with the sardines. Try not to get too much of the oil on the plate while placing the sardines.
Either put pieces of the sardines on the crackers or eat seperately.
Another option is to mash the sardines into a paste and spread some on each cracker.
Do this just before serving so the oil on the sardines don't make the crackers soggy.
They are freaking addictive !

Old 02-02-2008, 08:15 AM

Location: In an alternate universe according to some, AKA Aspergers
10,654 posts, read 11,752,761 times
I used to eat sardines and crackers for lunch when I was in high school, did it so much a teacher finally asked me to either stop it or find something that would remove the smell from my hands etc.
Seems the soap in the bathroom wouldn't do the trick.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana