Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2009, 03:17 PM

989 posts, read 3,526,245 times

Advertisements

1. I love that we have relaxed gun laws. I could not live in a place where people were uptight about guns. Anti gun nuts are freaking idiots; to listen to their thinking on this is just more than I can take!

2. I love that we live in a place where I can wear my bib coveralls into town with patches all over them and nobody thinks twice. I have leather gloves in the back pocket and a dirty hat on my head. I fit right in. Even if I don't, nobody gives a damn. In some places this would be a social few-pa (I don't even know how to spell that city-boy word, cuz in Montana we're not allowed to use it more than twice a year, and even that is frowned on for men).

3. I don't love, but I really like our governor. I'm an independent but I admit, this guy is doing well for our state. I like his ability to kick butt and take names. I also like that he is proud of his heritage.

I just can't stop with three--

4. I like that everyone is so crazy about rodeos. You've not been to a rodeo unless you've been to a good Montana rodeo. We get drunk and have a good time!! If the judges get a score "wrong" we let them know it!!

Last one--

5. I love that we are not a bunch of religious freaks. In Montana religion is not worn on our shirtsleeves. I think I heard here a while back that there are more atheists here than any other state. That's a good thing!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2009, 01:53 PM

214 posts, read 601,821 times
I don't know if you can grasp this, you seem like a country lady that's happy with life. I got tired of being a victim of crime. I came from Phoenix. Most people in Montana don't know what it's like to walk in a conveniance store and have someone short on drugs waving a gun at them when your just an innocent shopper, or having someone break into your home to steal from you when your sleeping, or having your truck broken into multiple times over and over again in different locations. You have no safe place, no security.
Everybody's trying to sell you something in the big city, too, so it's harder to find yourself, I would say. Then you have predatory drivers on the highway trying to run you off. I saw lots of dead bodies on the Black Canyon Highway over the many years I lived there. The multi-car pile ups. You can't avoid it, you become involved. Battle scars. The images come back to me now and then. I think Montana saved my life.

Old 03-31-2009, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbechtel View Post
I don't know if you can grasp this, you seem like a country lady that's happy with life.
I'm 6'2. 225 pounds of square shouldered muscled man, .

Quote:
Most people in Montana don't know what it's like to walk in a conveniance store and have someone short on drugs waving a gun at them when your just an innocent shopper, or having someone break into your home to steal from you when your sleeping, or having your truck broken into multiple times over and over again in different locations. You have no safe place, no security.
I could not live like that. More times than not I leave my keys in my truck and the doors unlocked. I don't even lock my house. My neighbor up the hill told me if he sees anyone breaking into my house or barn he will shoot first and ask question s later, provided he can bury the body on my land.

For anyone to get to my house they have to go down a dirt road past my other neighbor, and she pays attention to who goes up and down that road!

I love that about this area, we give each other space but we look after each other. When the snow gets too deep on her driveway, I plow it. When I am out of town her kids mow my lawn. There's a lot of good good people around here.

Old 03-31-2009, 02:51 PM

214 posts, read 601,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AQHA View Post

I could not live like that. More times than not I leave my keys in my truck and the doors unlocked. I don't even lock my house. My neighbor up the hill told me if he sees anyone breaking into my house or barn he will shoot first and ask question s later, provided he can bury the body on my land.

For anyone to get to my house they have to go down a dirt road past my other neighbor, and she pays attention to who goes up and down that road!

I love that about this area, we give each other space but we look after each other. When the snow gets too deep on her driveway, I plow it. When I am out of town her kids mow my lawn. There's a lot of good good people around here.
Thanks, I was needing the relief!

Old 03-31-2009, 03:26 PM

110 posts, read 322,152 times
I love that everyday I can take pride in knowing that I'm helping "conserve" water by not using the toilet!!- Thats right- and the colder the weather, the more exhilerating the experience- I can just whip it out and go where I stand- I love Montana!

Old 03-31-2009, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthonyr View Post
I love that everyday I can take pride in knowing that I'm helping "conserve" water by not using the toilet!!- Thats right- and the colder the weather, the more exhilerating the experience- I can just whip it out and go where I stand- I love Montana!
Yep, me too.

Old 03-31-2009, 06:09 PM

1,436 posts, read 3,302,460 times
Quote:
I don't know if you can grasp this, you seem like a country lady that's happy with life.
Quote:
Holy crap... you sound like one scary lookin ass whoopin chick . Post pics please...

Old 03-31-2009, 06:10 PM

8,087 posts, read 15,161,188 times
Quote:
1. I love that we have relaxed gun laws.
2. I love that we live in a place where I can wear my bib coveralls into town with patches all over them and nobody thinks twice.
3. I don't love, but I really like our governor.
4. I like that everyone is so crazy about rodeos.
5. I love that we are not a bunch of religious freaks.
Now how the heck are you going to start an argument talkin' like that? Can't find nothin' to disagree with!!

Well, lessee... what'dya miss? Oh, here's a few:

6. Nothin' and nobody. Miles and miles of nothin' with nobody else around, just waiting for me to enjoy it.

7. Hardly any stupid people!!

Old 03-31-2009, 06:30 PM

94 posts, read 202,343 times
The gun laws but they could be even BETTER!

Some of the scenery.

Remote spots.

Catherine
Armed and Female
Montana Shooting Sports Association Member
Montana Territory for now...

Last edited by CatherineFrances; 03-31-2009 at 06:31 PM.. Reason: Added more - you wanted 3 things.

Old 03-31-2009, 07:27 PM

6,259 posts, read 14,675,894 times
Quote:

Holy Hannah! I just spit out my dinner

I could not live like that. More times than not I leave my keys in my truck and the doors unlocked. I don't even lock my house. Same here in eastern montana My neighbor up the hill told me if he sees anyone breaking into my house or barn he will shoot first and ask question s later, provided he can bury the body on my land.

Amen brother!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana