U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2015, 02:44 PM

5,835 posts, read 10,755,977 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RotseCherut View Post
I would hardly call women in Seattle unattached or desperate.. It's quite the opposite.. It's amazing how demanding and dominating some very unattractive women, many with kids from various relationships will be when choosing a man.

Maybe things are different in Southern California , although I have heard Denver, like Seattle has a surplus of single, wealthy men and a deficiency in women. The only reason why you may see Seattle having an equal number of men to wmoen is that there is a large population of aging women in Seattle. This is a result of the blue collar roots of the Puget Sound, where many of the men die considerably younger than the women. However, it reflects the older generation and not the newer generation. In Seattle, everywhere you go you see hordes of men everywhere. It is pretty blatantly obvious that men are more prevalent. Almost all the major employers here, hire men to women at a 8:1 or so ratio, like Amazon, Boeing, Microsoft, etc.

I've heard East Coast cities have less attached females.

However, overall, I would think women in larger cities, even if single, are much more materialistic, picky and less desperate, since many are career-minded and do not have to marry.

Religion and culture can play a role though in the lack of available women, as many will marry young and be attached to people within their religious communities, which is the case I saw living in Idaho.
True to an extent. But its very easy to avoid those crowds and meet people through meetup groups based on common interests, church social groups, volunteering, etc. I'm kind of used to a major metro area, where I automatically filter out social circles that are not my thing, and specifically look for social circles where I meet people I have in common with.

I think that's what is a difference between those coming from small towns/rural areas (and by that I mean FAR from the sphere and influence of a major metro). I can easily find people through meetups, volunteering, church social groups, etc. as well as find communities in the county that have a small town vibe and close to natural parkland where I can get the best of both worlds.

Conversely, I don't know how to navigate through cliquishness, suspicion of outsiders, etc. Not saying everyone's like that, but I just never learned how to interact with that. I find that discouraging to me, much more than seeing materialistic people in trendy spots, because I automatically know that's not my thing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2015, 12:36 PM

7,674 posts, read 8,971,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex?Il? View Post
True to an extent. But its very easy to avoid those crowds and meet people through meetup groups based on common interests, church social groups, volunteering, etc. I'm kind of used to a major metro area, where I automatically filter out social circles that are not my thing, and specifically look for social circles where I meet people I have in common with.

I think that's what is a difference between those coming from small towns/rural areas (and by that I mean FAR from the sphere and influence of a major metro). I can easily find people through meetups, volunteering, church social groups, etc. as well as find communities in the county that have a small town vibe and close to natural parkland where I can get the best of both worlds.

Conversely, I don't know how to navigate through cliquishness, suspicion of outsiders, etc. Not saying everyone's like that, but I just never learned how to interact with that. I find that discouraging to me, much more than seeing materialistic people in trendy spots, because I automatically know that's not my thing.
How have you had luck with meet up groups? I have never found those in rural places. Every church I've gone to has mostly been old people or a few families.

Old 07-22-2015, 02:45 PM

5,835 posts, read 10,755,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WyoEagle View Post
How have you had luck with meet up groups? I have never found those in rural places. Every church I've gone to has mostly been old people or a few families.
I was saying these are the reasons I do NOT live in rural areas. Even though I love nature and the outdoors. I just look for areas close to major metro areas that has access to both worlds.

Old 07-23-2015, 08:33 AM

9,524 posts, read 7,793,423 times
Actually, I found that the worst place for dating was as a soldier in Honolulu, Hawaii, in the mid 1960's!
Other than bar girls, most of the women treated us like dirt.
The bar girls were mostly interested in how much money we had to spend on them. When the money was gone, so were they!
I never had all that much of a problem here in Montana.

Old 07-23-2015, 10:50 AM

7,674 posts, read 8,971,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraven View Post
Actually, I found that the worst place for dating was as a soldier in Honolulu, Hawaii, in the mid 1960's!
Other than bar girls, most of the women treated us like dirt.
The bar girls were mostly interested in how much money we had to spend on them. When the money was gone, so were they!
I never had all that much of a problem here in Montana.
Where I live it's bar girls who don't use birth control. Lovely group huh? I could see Billings being a bit better for dating.

Old 07-23-2015, 04:56 PM

3,284 posts, read 4,019,425 times
Maybe I will get grilled for saying this, but if you are a male who is over 30 and single , you are better to look overseas if you still want to have a traditional, old-fashioned style marriage and family. And, no, I am not talking mail order brides. In the USA, whether it be Biloxi, MS, Missoula, MT or even San Francisco, CA, people tend to get married or have a live-in relationship at a young age and have kids with someone close to their age. Of course, in this day and age, the divorce rate is skyrocketing as people tend to separate for the smallest reasons. People tend to get bored of each other easier and with so many different aspirations and goals people have in this day and age, being bound for too long to another human being is just not very fashionable.

I don't know, maybe I am just tired of what I perceive as a very dysfunctional system of relationships. Most kids today grow up in families with several different step-parents and do not live with both of their parents. More and more kids are growing up in day care facilities, etc. And , of course, our legal system is not friendly to men in many states, like Washington, and any man who marries here is at risk of losing full custody of his children and will be paying bloated child support payments that many of the women will pocket for their own personal expenses. I have a few friends here who have been financing their ex-wives lavish lifestyles that go well beyond putting kids in school, food, clothing, shelter. In fact, many guys were forced to give up their homes to their ex-wives and still pay huge alimony/child support payments that have caused them to live in utter poverty. This system also hurts women, as many men decide to just escape child support responsibility altogether and leave the state. It would be nice if we have a more intelligent system for child support where every expenditure was monitored to make sure it was going in the right place. Also, the antiquated views that men are greedy and rich and women are poor and helpless needs to be taken out of our legal system. In the 21st century, women are almost making as much or more than men, depending on the region. There are not too many starving housewives in the USA, anymore. Women are outnumbering men in the universities, as well.

I am just saying that dating and marriage is sticky in our 21st century society. I use to be real hyped about falling in love, having a large fairy tale romance, family, kids and home, but the reality of the world today means that will probably not be the outcome.

More people are divorcing and not marrying. Montana, Wyoming, etc are not immune to this epidemic. I would suggest anyone who wants a relationship to not go into it starry eyed, but a bit more sober. Especially ,if most of the girls are divorced, the chances of subsequent divorces are always higher.

People don't like to commit. I think both men and women are to blame for this epidemic. And, I say , don't hate the people, hate the system that made people react this way. Understand the system and society you are in and try to make the best out of what you have than being disgruntled that society is the way it is.

Old 07-24-2015, 01:47 PM

347 posts, read 335,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RotseCherut View Post
Maybe I will get grilled for saying this, but if you are a male who is over 30 and single , you are better to look overseas if you still want to have a traditional, old-fashioned style marriage and family. And, no, I am not talking mail order brides. In the USA, whether it be Biloxi, MS, Missoula, MT or even San Francisco, CA, people tend to get married or have a live-in relationship at a young age and have kids with someone close to their age. Of course, in this day and age, the divorce rate is skyrocketing as people tend to separate for the smallest reasons. People tend to get bored of each other easier and with so many different aspirations and goals people have in this day and age, being bound for too long to another human being is just not very fashionable.

I don't know, maybe I am just tired of what I perceive as a very dysfunctional system of relationships. Most kids today grow up in families with several different step-parents and do not live with both of their parents. More and more kids are growing up in day care facilities, etc. And , of course, our legal system is not friendly to men in many states, like Washington, and any man who marries here is at risk of losing full custody of his children and will be paying bloated child support payments that many of the women will pocket for their own personal expenses. I have a few friends here who have been financing their ex-wives lavish lifestyles that go well beyond putting kids in school, food, clothing, shelter. In fact, many guys were forced to give up their homes to their ex-wives and still pay huge alimony/child support payments that have caused them to live in utter poverty. This system also hurts women, as many men decide to just escape child support responsibility altogether and leave the state. It would be nice if we have a more intelligent system for child support where every expenditure was monitored to make sure it was going in the right place. Also, the antiquated views that men are greedy and rich and women are poor and helpless needs to be taken out of our legal system. In the 21st century, women are almost making as much or more than men, depending on the region. There are not too many starving housewives in the USA, anymore. Women are outnumbering men in the universities, as well.

I am just saying that dating and marriage is sticky in our 21st century society. I use to be real hyped about falling in love, having a large fairy tale romance, family, kids and home, but the reality of the world today means that will probably not be the outcome.

More people are divorcing and not marrying. Montana, Wyoming, etc are not immune to this epidemic. I would suggest anyone who wants a relationship to not go into it starry eyed, but a bit more sober. Especially ,if most of the girls are divorced, the chances of subsequent divorces are always higher.

People don't like to commit. I think both men and women are to blame for this epidemic. And, I say , don't hate the people, hate the system that made people react this way. Understand the system and society you are in and try to make the best out of what you have than being disgruntled that society is the way it is.
I've been abroad. Women in Latin America and Asia are less influenced by feminism than women in USA, Canada, and western Europe, which means they have less of a desire to compete with and oppress men. Women from these areas tend to be much more forgiving of men and don't see them as the enemy. They also tend to not stigmatize men for having a sex drive. I agree with your post 100 %.

Old 07-24-2015, 02:02 PM

2,085 posts, read 3,054,832 times
Love my liberated Montana wife. Glad she is all you dislike.

Old 07-24-2015, 10:43 PM

347 posts, read 335,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keim View Post
Love my liberated Montana wife. Glad she is all you dislike.

Hey Hombre, if your woman takes care of you and meets your needs, congrats. Glad you're happy. However,you're somewhat misrepresenting my argument. I never singled out Montana women. I talked about the feminist influence on women in western nations in general. As far as US states go, it's been my experience that because Montana tends to be a conservative place, it's more resistant to feminism in particular and leftism in general (with the exception of Missoula) relatively speaking. That's just one of many reasons why, as long as I have to live in the USA, I will live in the wonderful state of Montana.

Last, but no least, if you are trying to imply that all women in Latin America and Asia are oppressed, you couldn't be more mistaken.

Old 07-25-2015, 10:15 AM

2,085 posts, read 3,054,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antonio Montana View Post
Hey Hombre, if your woman takes care of you and meets your needs, congrats. Glad you're happy. However,you're somewhat misrepresenting my argument. I never singled out Montana women. I talked about the feminist influence on women in western nations in general. As far as US states go, it's been my experience that because Montana tends to be a conservative place, it's more resistant to feminism in particular and leftism in general (with the exception of Missoula) relatively speaking. That's just one of many reasons why, as long as I have to live in the USA, I will live in the wonderful state of Montana.

Last, but no least, if you are trying to imply that all women in Latin America and Asia are oppressed, you couldn't be more mistaken.
You misread an awful lot into my two sentences.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or