U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2008, 09:07 PM

989 posts, read 3,131,272 times

Advertisements

I'm looking at a property up Stemple Pass. Any one here spent any time up there?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2008, 10:43 PM

406 posts, read 1,208,322 times
is this a mining claim? there are a lot in that area? where did you hear about this land for sale?

Old 01-24-2008, 10:49 PM

406 posts, read 1,208,322 times
i also noticed that the company which developed elk grove in bozeman is the one in charge of developing cal creek properties up on stemple pass. they did a good job with elk grove for the most part. protected the water sources, built numerous parks, and had good covenants. they could have improved a few things, but they are definately better than most developers in the valley. hopefully this will reflect in stemple pass. good homes, which have appreciated steadily.

the town of lincoln is small. i have been through it and can't tell you anything worth value of it. sorry.

Old 01-28-2008, 12:08 PM

4 posts, read 16,950 times
I live outside of Lincoln and travel over Stemple on a regular basis. There are a number of parcels for sale on the road thru the pass. I would suggest if you intend to live here full time that you visit here in January or February and drive the road to and from Lincoln to Stemple Pass several times. If you intend to be a summer resident only, then there should be no issues. I might add that the Postal Service contract delivery person dirves that road 5 days a week---summer and winter. But, he usually has to wait for the snow plow to come by and follow it most of the time. Good luck..

Old 01-28-2008, 02:26 PM

I live in Helena. What Im looking for is a property to camp on and ride horses from. My first choice would be Lincoln but its gotten pretty expensive over there. Is Stemple Pass good for this type thing?

Old 01-31-2008, 12:52 PM

716 posts, read 955,769 times
The company I work at actually has some properties up there right now. If you want to send me an email I can send the MLS info and some pics to you. I haven't been up there though so I don't know much about them.

Old 09-16-2008, 06:47 PM

5 posts, read 23,781 times
Check it out in person before you commit to buy. A lot of the trees in that area are dying from the mountain pine beetle infestation. The bugs are taking over since the winters have been too mild to keep them under control. A realtor's packet can look good when the reality isn't. Good luck!

Old 09-17-2008, 10:44 PM

7,543 posts, read 12,599,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AQHA View Post
I'm looking at a property up Stemple Pass. Any one here spent any time up there?
Where the heck is that? Been thru Lincoln a lot of times (we used to pick chokecherries up there), but never heard of Stemple Pass!

Old 09-18-2008, 05:25 PM

When you are driving to Lincoln from the Helena side there is a dirt road turn off you can take to Lincoln. This dirt road takes you through Stemple Pass.

As for the Pine Beattle problem-- that just makes me sick, we are all pretty much screwed, in a few years we will all be looking at dead red trees. Been to Colorado lately?

Old 09-19-2008, 01:24 AM

7,543 posts, read 12,599,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AQHA View Post
When you are driving to Lincoln from the Helena side there is a dirt road turn off you can take to Lincoln. This dirt road takes you through Stemple Pass.
[peering at map] Oh, I see it -- never had cause to go that direction, beings how I was always coming from Great Falls!

Funny how you can live somewhere for a lot of years, and still not see big swaths of the surrounding country!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or