U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2008, 11:00 AM

46 posts, read 380,616 times

Advertisements

Any one know which area is better for families? Helena or Kalispell or for that matter another area of MT? Our family is tired of the rat race of the big city....any help would be greatly appreciated!! Pics would be great also!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2008, 03:04 PM

1,368 posts, read 5,978,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by us2add3 View Post
Any one know which area is better for families? Helena or Kalispell or for that matter another area of MT? Our family is tired of the rat race of the big city....any help would be greatly appreciated!! Pics would be great also!!
Check the pic thread at the top of the forum, and welcome to the search for Montana life!

I have friends whose family lives in Helena, visited once, its a beautiful place, but the drivers there suck ridiculously.

I'm a big fan of Bozeman, its a smaller town, and we're running into growing pains (see the other Bozeman threads), but we have a great university, pretty good school system, nice family neighborhoods and Belgrade is 7 miles west, and lots of good family stuff there.

I think just about every town in Montana has great family areas and not great family areas. But, theres really very few areas that are 'bad' in my experience.

Point of information: We only have 1 city, and thats Billings. Every other place is under 100k people. Though Missoula is getting close.

Old 01-27-2008, 04:36 PM

6,023 posts, read 11,909,801 times
Yea but the drivers in the larger towns seem to drive like hard core city warrior pilots !
Great Falls, Missoula and Kalispell have their share of tailgating, speeding bone-heads !

Old 01-27-2008, 04:38 PM

46 posts, read 380,616 times
Default Really appreciate your posting!!

We are seriously looking to move to Helena...but were wondering about other areas. What part of Helena is more ideal? Know much about housing in the area?

Old 01-27-2008, 08:09 PM

716 posts, read 956,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radek View Post
I have friends whose family lives in Helena, visited once, its a beautiful place, but the drivers there suck ridiculously.
This is so very, very true. In fact, it should be our new brand. Welcome to Helena, where drivers suck ridiculously. I love it.

Old 01-28-2008, 12:10 AM

1,368 posts, read 5,978,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by decembergirl View Post
This is so very, very true. In fact, it should be our new brand. Welcome to Helena, where drivers suck ridiculously. I love it.
Go to Seattle for a day. Drive in downtown, Helena is a cakewalk compared.

However, I do have to say... you have SOOO many personalized license plates.

In response to the OP about Helena's neighborhoods, I don't know. Your best bet is to find information on schools and crime, as those statistics are generally good for determining a neighborhood's liveliness.

Old 01-28-2008, 08:49 AM

6,023 posts, read 11,909,801 times
I think Kalispell has a new outdoors ice skating pond or rink. There are plenty of things to do in both towns. It seems as though it's the tiny towns where kids get bored and the kids in really small towns can be mean to new kids from out of the area.

Old 10-30-2008, 04:59 PM

5 posts, read 13,347 times
What do you all think about Ronan?

Old 10-30-2008, 06:05 PM

1,305 posts, read 2,163,844 times
I wouldn't live in Ronan and I surely wouldn't raise kids in Ronan....it's on the reservation and I surely wouldn't have my kids go to school there.

Old 10-30-2008, 10:20 PM

1,872 posts, read 3,578,493 times
Ronan has had a lot of bad things happen in the area.....young kids who drink themselves to death (literally), youth suicide, etc. I wouldn't want my kids to go to school or grow up there. Sure, there can be problems anywhere, but that area of the state seems to have a lot more problems than most.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana