U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2015, 10:51 AM

9,523 posts, read 7,782,324 times

Advertisements

Any comments?

Whitefish, Billings and Great Falls Listed as Leading Cities for Hate Groups in Montana

I guess I haven't been paying attention. I haven't noticed any such groups!
In fact, here in Billings the "Not In Our Town" group is very active.
I suppose, since they are extremely against "hate" groups, they could be called a "hate group!

Old 09-24-2015, 12:28 PM

2 posts, read 14,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraven View Post
Any comments?

Whitefish, Billings and Great Falls Listed as Leading Cities for Hate Groups in Montana

I suppose, since they are extremely against "hate" groups, they could be called a "hate group!

If there are such groups here I am certainly not aware of them. I guess I haven't paid much attention either but that alone tells me that it's not attention grabbing this supposed 'Hate group'. I think at times a person gets all bent out of shape over being treated like everyone else but happens to be of a different ethnicity and uses 'racism/hate' as a reason for their treatment, rather than the fact that they are just plain jerks.

Old 09-25-2015, 08:53 PM

347 posts, read 334,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraven View Post
Any comments?

With all due respect, the group that put out this report, The Southern Poverty Law Center, or as it's popularly known, The $outhern poverty law center does not have much credibility. Are there genuine hate groups on its list? Sure....but there are also individuals and groups on the SPLC's list that are not hate groups, but dare to have a different opinion from the SPLC's far left, radical agenda. In fact one could make and argument that SPLC's hateful activities towards those who disagree with them make the SPLC a left wing hate group. Regardless, the SPLC have made quite a profit from their activities, and why not? Drumming up fear and spreading lies has made them a lot of money, so I can understand why they continue to engage in the same slander and lies as they've done for years.

Old 09-26-2015, 12:48 AM

14 posts, read 21,236 times
Yeah, I'll have to echo Antonio above, to an extent. The SPLC has more than cancelled out their good and noble efforts at this point by lumping together a lot of groups that have no business being considered a hate group- likely to gin up fear and keep the dollars flowing in.

That being said, assuming there are legitimate hate groups in the areas above, the reason you're not aware of them is that we thankfully live in an age where hate groups no longer feel comfortable letting everyone and their mother know who they are. Where I live, (Alabama, born and raised. I frequently lurk in the Montana and Wyoming forums because the wife and I are looking to relocate to one or the other soon) the KKK used to elect governors and senators. It was expected that anyone with a sporting chance at high office would have to first kiss the ring of the Klan. Now, their numbers are a tiny fraction of where they once were, their members are the lowest of the low rung of society, and their recruiting efforts have been reduced to passing out fliers in older white suburban neighborhoods and communities- communities that run them off every time they show up. They're out there, but since the prestige is gone, you probably won't notice them unless you go looking.

Old 09-26-2015, 02:53 PM

4,641 posts, read 3,964,996 times
20+ years ago there were some white supremacy nimrods living in the Troy area. I think they were associated with some living in the panhandle of Idaho. I haven't heard anything about them in years.

Old 09-27-2015, 10:35 AM

1,752 posts, read 1,644,444 times
SPLC lists groups that support marriage definition as a man and a woman, the nuclear family as the ideal, and work toward retaining such definitions as "standard" as hate groups.

Old 09-27-2015, 09:08 PM

3,993 posts, read 4,094,636 times
wrote huge note -- it deleted. wow, ok this is all now non caps. suffice to see insanity rules in usa. no sage advice nor sense seems even valued. am. redoubt is it for vestiges & the divide w/ this influx of insanity via other nations -- will totally demolish the ideals of founders.

look @ europe - a disaster -- & more so daily. in the 80s, euro, it was a mecca, now a rat trap. pitiful & disgust now prevail when we think of dumps like european nations -- once mighty, stealth & together -- now reduced to mayhem & chaos.

wow, id hate to be less than mid age now as younger folks will endup in yrs to come -- back into the dark ages, im afraid, as seems history darn well is set to repeat.

ok, sorry for interjecting a rant here, minus any proper caps as im lazy, tired & generally disgusted w/ this whole ball of wax. at this point, the v last stronghold need be batoned down like when the brits stormed the colonies. if we fail to prevail -- just, as if that had then -- the nation as we know would be/is gone forever. hope am. redoubt folks up there asap, get the message & rally around whats left beofre clock expiries on keeping us great.

ok, over n out.

Old 09-28-2015, 01:39 AM

5,792 posts, read 9,256,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by historyfan View Post
20+ years ago there were some white supremacy nimrods living in the Troy area. I think they were associated with some living in the panhandle of Idaho. I haven't heard anything about them in years.
That would be Butler's group in Hayden. They were taken to court over an assault case, they lost, and were pretty much kicked out of Idaho. The compound was torn down, and today it is a community center of some sort. But a lot of people still think North Idaho is a white supremacy stronghold. Total nonsense. There are a few loons, but they are everywhere.

Old 09-30-2015, 09:47 PM

11,820 posts, read 15,437,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movintime View Post
wrote huge note -- it deleted. wow, ok this is all now non caps. suffice to see insanity rules in usa. no sage advice nor sense seems even valued. am. redoubt is it for vestiges & the divide w/ this influx of insanity via other nations -- will totally demolish the ideals of founders.

look @ europe - a disaster -- & more so daily. in the 80s, euro, it was a mecca, now a rat trap. pitiful & disgust now prevail when we think of dumps like european nations -- once mighty, stealth & together -- now reduced to mayhem & chaos.

wow, id hate to be less than mid age now as younger folks will endup in yrs to come -- back into the dark ages, im afraid, as seems history darn well is set to repeat.

ok, sorry for interjecting a rant here, minus any proper caps as im lazy, tired & generally disgusted w/ this whole ball of wax. at this point, the v last stronghold need be batoned down like when the brits stormed the colonies. if we fail to prevail -- just, as if that had then -- the nation as we know would be/is gone forever. hope am. redoubt folks up there asap, get the message & rally around whats left beofre clock expiries on keeping us great.

ok, over n out.
Er, what?

Old 10-04-2015, 01:09 PM

233 posts, read 455,479 times
Only hate groups I see are on the main stream media nightly news.

Ferguson has a bunch. Some of the mass shooters. SPLC. NAACP. Black Panthers. MSNBC. CAIR.

All they do is spew hate, discontent, jealousy, class warfare, race warfare, etc.

Have seen none of these in Montana.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or