Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2015, 04:52 PM

6,224 posts, read 6,607,688 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threerun View Post
If I came home at 3a.m. drunk with lipstick on my neck- that's when the SHTF, lol.

I don;t think there is any place in the continental U.S. I would be able to redoubt to..
HAHAHAHAA ... TRUE DAT!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2015, 07:32 PM

19,743 posts, read 22,635,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movintime View Post
Thx again for all these replies coming.

But I still think east of Divide (tho NOT true Redoubt turf) is far cheaper land, etc. More for your $. So, search continues & even if just moving to a home there -- let alone total self-suffiency at this time -- it'd still be far better than those still stuck outside Patriot turf (which is turf only of; MT, ID, WY, & eastern OR & eastern WA states).

Keep this thread going w/ all this ideas as someone too may benefit from it somehow.
What are you worried about? You want a cabin where you can be self sufficient? What is this redoubt supposed to mean? An end to our civilization, or do you just want to be self reliant? If self reliance is the goal, WV has far better temperate climate and growing seasons (and soil). Water is abundant there, not here.

Old 12-13-2015, 08:06 PM

2,223 posts, read 3,874,010 times
If you like mountains, but prefer the lower costs of eastern MT, you might check the Bear Paws along the Hi-Line. Very nice if you can handle the cold.

Belt mountains are also supposed to be nice.

Last edited by Keim; 12-13-2015 at 08:17 PM..

Old 12-13-2015, 08:14 PM

Quote:
What are you worried about? You want a cabin where you can be self sufficient? What is this redoubt supposed to mean? An end to our civilization, or do you just want to be self reliant? If self reliance is the goal, WV has far better temperate climate and growing seasons (and soil). Water is abundant there, not here.
3, good ? Unsure as John Jacob Schmidt on RadioFreeRedoubt podcasts, speaks of Christian retreats vs upcoming chaos in world. Look @ US & see chaos all over since the last few decades. We have an out of control gov't, that most God-fearing Patriots going by Founding Fathers, would really be taken aback by.

Our US is in turmoil w/ more nonsense daily, & Patriot turf will be the desired location. Not sure where in MT you are but least you're there. I'm in AZ & tho ok for climate, it is unsafe as a place when SHTF which invariably it will. So, not sure I clarified yet hope other folks here can add to my starting ideals. I just see bad moon a risning, & thus think better safe than sorry.

I grewup in Philly when young & it was ghetto, & this whole country will soon emulate ghetto -- if we continue to allow riff raff to set up shop.

Old 12-13-2015, 09:20 PM

19,743 posts, read 22,635,943 times
I don't listen to pundits on the radio. Actually I abhor that type of drivel.

If I were to want to be completely self reliant, WV is where I would live. I lived there for 20 years and it's much more conducive to that type of reality. Small acreage can produce a lot. The same can't be said for MT.

Old 12-13-2015, 09:25 PM

Quote:
I don't listen to pundits on the radio. Actually I abhor that type of drivel.

If I were to want to be completely self reliant, WV is where I would live. I lived there for 20 years and it's much more conducive to that type of reality. Small acreage can produce a lot. The same can't be said for MT.
Think ur rite! WV is more comfy to us anyway. A slice of Heaven or as they say... Almost Heaven. Take me home (from AZ) country rds to a place where I belong, WV mtn mama take me home country rds. LOL

Old 12-13-2015, 10:23 PM

2,223 posts, read 3,874,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movintime View Post
Think ur rite! WV is more comfy to us anyway. A slice of Heaven or as they say... Almost Heaven. Take me home (from AZ) country rds to a place where I belong, WV mtn mama take me home country rds. LOL
If you want Almost Heaven, come to Idaho. Bo Gritz planned and built a "patriot community" named that near Kamiah in the early 90s.

It didn't go well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana