U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2015, 07:09 PM

4,073 posts, read 4,134,535 times

Advertisements

sTILL THINK BEST ST IN UNION TO RELOCATE. THO n. id IS AWESOME ITS A CLOSE RACE BETWEEN 2. i'D SAY IF YOU CAN AFFORD nw mt OR n. id - GO FOR IT. yOU FOLKS THERE ARE LUCKY & SHOULD THANK YOUR STARS. sO, JUST A RANDOM COMMENTING HERE BUT i'D LIKE TO KEEP POSTED W. THOSE UP THERE RE HOUSING, ETC. AS ME & G/F, THO ON FIXED $, WOULD LIKE TO BRIDGE GAP -- & FIND A NICE SMALL COMFY PLACE TO RELOCATE FROM HERE IN az AS OF NOW.

sORRY TO JUMP IN RANDOMLY BUT i MAY NEED START A NEW THREAD RE THIS IF NEED BE. aGAIN, YOU mt FOLKS REALLY SEEM A WELCOMING BUNCH & FOR THAT WE SALUTE YOU -- AS ONE OF MY FAV BANDS USED TO SAY (ac/dc), HAHA.

Oh No -- oops, what a mess W/ all caps as my keys are sticking on keypad of this lap & it it erractic -- as I just looked back, hAHA, i'M NO TYPIST AS FAILED IT IN 12th grade in 70'S hs, YET SORRY BUT CAN'T RETYPE IT, THUS SO BE IT.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2015, 09:56 PM

5,798 posts, read 9,310,055 times
As long as you're not screaming at us on purpose!

Old 12-30-2015, 02:55 PM

10 posts, read 11,682 times
thank you for all your responses. My husband works in North Dakota and I am a caregiver, so he well be traveling back and forth every few months. I'm not too worried alt Woking right of the bat but Would eventually like to obtain clients. Traveling for work is a normal for me so that's ok. I have a teenager but traveling to take him to school is normal for me as well. I would prefer somewhere that had similar winds to what I'm use to 10-15mph.
Again I appreciate ask your advice as I have never actually been to Montana. I am planning on going up in March/April and I'm trying to put a game plan together on place to check out.

Old 12-30-2015, 02:56 PM

4,754 posts, read 4,038,156 times
My reasons for asking, besides the do you need employment etc, also include the draw.
What draws you to MT?
To make sure my suggestions attempt to fit the OP's want....solitude? flyfishing? hiking? horseback riding? western cowboy tyoe lifestyle? no people v small community? chance to participate in community v want to watch raptors? hunting big game?

Old 12-30-2015, 03:15 PM

We hunt, fish and I'm very involved with my son's school. I'd prefer not to have neighbors directly next door but I'm not completely opposed to it as long as I'm somewhere I can have my chickens. I've have actually driven through Montana I just never got the chance to really stop. I thought it was beautiful and I've known people that have lived there and they always had really nice things to say about the state and the people. I wish i was still in contact with them. I'm tired of looking at desert all around me all the time and I really want a change... I also want to be within driving distance to my husband. Billings is only 8 1/2 hours from him and as long as I'm within a days drive I'm good.

Old 12-30-2015, 06:57 PM

4,754 posts, read 4,038,156 times
The Billings area should suit you well. Draw a circle on map with 15 or 20 mile radius of Billings airport & limit your search within it.

Urban backyard chicken law of Billings allows for 6 hens. The area has one of the longer growing seasons in the state, so it will be green linger than most places.

There are both public & private schools within Billings and public schools in next door communities like Shepherd.

Cheap always under $100 sometimes $50 commuter flights on Cape Air to/from Billings to Sidney, Montana (& other oil patch towns)... which would take about 4 hours off the drive.

Good luck.

Old 12-30-2015, 07:06 PM

Thank you I'll check them out!

Old 12-30-2015, 09:26 PM

1,366 posts, read 2,734,086 times
@JBlecka: You should also look into flights to Sidney from Billings. They have 3 flights daily and only charge $52 for each flight. I would fly them when I was traveling to see family in Billings when I was working in ND. If the roads are bad, it's a better option than driving 5-6 hours on snow packed or icy roads.

www.capeair.com

Old 01-05-2016, 02:17 PM

1,056 posts, read 970,744 times
FYI to the OP, if you're serious about considering Billings or anywhere in Eastern MT you will need to look for a sheltered property. Winds in Billings are often over 10 - 15 mph. All of Eastern Montana will often have winds above 10 - 15 mph especially in the winter.

Old 01-06-2016, 12:51 AM

387 posts, read 362,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by patches403 View Post
FYI to the OP, if you're serious about considering Billings or anywhere in Eastern MT you will need to look for a sheltered property. Winds in Billings are often over 10 - 15 mph. All of Eastern Montana will often have winds above 10 - 15 mph especially in the winter.
But at least it isn't Livingston. In Billings you won't be blinded by it
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or