U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-19-2006, 12:28 PM

2 posts, read 8,838 times

Advertisements

Hello, My name is Donald and I was inquiring if any one had information on glasgow, such as employment, housing, schools, and employment agencies. I'm also looking for any large companies within 1hrs drive of glasgow I can't seem to find any here in my research. I Thank you for your time.
Donald
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2006, 07:55 PM

51 posts, read 211,822 times
Default Glasgow Here

Hi

I'm from Glasgow and can give you whatever info you need. This a small rural community but a VERY progressive one that has lots of great things going for it. Schools are tops in the state with great teachers and small class size. Great recreation -- hunting, fishing , boating, new hockey rink, skateboard park, city pool with lg new indoor one planned, lots of community activites - parades, business sponsored events, rodeos, fairs, school sports etc.
Not sure what you mean by large company --- most employment here is schools, large hospital and clinic, railroad, Corp of Engineers, Northern Border, fish hatchery, game, fish parks, several contracters as building is booming here, etc, Wind farm and oil refinery in the works. Local job service office is the only employment agency.
Housing and cost of living here is much cheaper than in the western part of the state. Glasgow is on Hiway 2 --- maybe a 4 lane eventually but goes across the state and into ND.
Are you looking for housing, too??
Hope this helps -- let me know if you need more info.!!

Old 11-20-2006, 09:18 AM

2 posts, read 8,838 times
HI Thanks for your response, you really help by explaining what a good community glasgow is it helps me with my decision to relocate to glasgow. Just to give you an idea of who we are My name is Donald and my wife is laura and we have 3 small children with a fourth on the way and were really looking to simplify life and raise our children in a good community and small town atmosphere.We are tired of the high taxes and restrictions on everything here in Cleveland Ohio not to mention all the crime that takes place here. Thanks again for the info and I'm hoping to make it up there this January or Febuary or is travel to rough that time of year what do you think?

Old 11-20-2006, 07:52 PM

51 posts, read 211,822 times
Default Relocation to Glasgow

Hi!

Glad the info helped you. I just helped another family from Ohio relocate here last week --- can't remember exactly where in Ohio they were from. They are liking it here and 3 out of the three had jobs within 2 days. What kind of work are you looking for?? I can give you some idea of jobs.
As far as travel in Jan or Feb--- yes it can be tought but you can fly from Billings to Glasgow in less than an hour and would suggest that so you don't have to worry about roads. Last of Jan is usually the coldest part of the year -- however the last couple of winters have been very very mild.
Hope this helps --- stay in touch and I'll give you whatever info I can.

Old 12-20-2008, 12:04 PM

2 posts, read 5,558 times
My family & I are planning to relocate to the Glagow area, Does anyone know of any homes for rent or lease option to buy?We are also looking @ homes for sale but Im just covering all the bases. I like to make sure everything goes smothly. We need something with acres. we have dogs.Outside dogs so they need room to run. we are looking for a 4+ bedroom house. If anyone can help please email me. wendyrenee00@yahoo.com.

Old 12-21-2008, 07:04 PM

716 posts, read 953,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdcowgirl View Post
Hi

I'm from Glasgow and can give you whatever info you need. This a small rural community but a VERY progressive one that has lots of great things going for it. Schools are tops in the state with great teachers and small class size. Great recreation -- hunting, fishing , boating, new hockey rink, skateboard park, city pool with lg new indoor one planned, lots of community activites - parades, business sponsored events, rodeos, fairs, school sports etc.
Not sure what you mean by large company --- most employment here is schools, large hospital and clinic, railroad, Corp of Engineers, Northern Border, fish hatchery, game, fish parks, several contracters as building is booming here, etc, Wind farm and oil refinery in the works. Local job service office is the only employment agency.
Housing and cost of living here is much cheaper than in the western part of the state. Glasgow is on Hiway 2 --- maybe a 4 lane eventually but goes across the state and into ND.
Are you looking for housing, too??
Hope this helps -- let me know if you need more info.!!
This always amuses me, sdcowgirl grew up in a different Glasgow than I did.

Old 12-21-2008, 09:10 PM

6,258 posts, read 12,885,246 times
Maybe she won the Ms. Glasgow title one year?Sure is peppy on that stretch of the hi-line.

Old 12-25-2008, 06:51 PM

19 posts, read 63,323 times
I wonder if there will be an element of shock stepping off the plane in Glasgow??

Old 12-26-2008, 06:53 AM

22,952 posts, read 22,448,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loren01 View Post
I wonder if there will be an element of shock stepping off the plane in Glasgow??
Depends on if they fill the plane with crack smoke right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana