U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2016, 12:50 PM

148 posts, read 109,893 times

Advertisements

I-182 has passed. Even very conservative areas of western MT voted for it -- indeed, the entire western third of the state was a huge sea of Yes. The text:

I-182 renames the Montana Marijuana Act to the Montana Medical Marijuana Act and amends the Act. I-182 allows a single treating physician to certify medical marijuana for a patient diagnosed with chronic pain and includes post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) as a “debilitating medical condition” for which a physician may certify medical marijuana. Licensing requirements, fees and prohibitions are detailed for medical marijuana dispensaries and testing laboratories. I-182 repeals the limit of three patients for each licensed provider, and allows providers to hire employees to cultivate, dispense, and transport medical marijuana. I-182 repeals the requirement that physicians who provide certifications for 25 or more patients annually be referred to the board of medical examiners. I-182 removes the authority of law enforcement to conduct unannounced inspections of medical marijuana facilities, and requires annual inspections by the State.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2016, 02:11 PM

765 posts, read 479,632 times
Yesterday was a turning point in the end of prohibition of MJ. With CA, NV, ME, and MA all approving recreational MJ, over 25% of the US population now lives in a state with legal MJ. Only taking legal MJ into consideration, President Elect Trump was asked about his view on legal MJ. He stated that the federal government has a duty to recognize state rights, whether it was same sex marriage, abortion, or MJ.

I hope that he is true to his word and will push to have the federal government recognize legal MJ. If that happens, this whole argument would be moot, as states will have the legal framework to legalize, and tax MJ. We can finally break the back of the cartels, and put some money back into the ag. community.

Old 11-09-2016, 08:48 PM

1,419 posts, read 1,464,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericsvibe View Post
Yesterday was a turning point in the end of prohibition of MJ. With CA, NV, ME, and MA all approving recreational MJ, over 25% of the US population now lives in a state with legal MJ. Only taking legal MJ into consideration, President Elect Trump was asked about his view on legal MJ. He stated that the federal government has a duty to recognize state rights, whether it was same sex marriage, abortion, or MJ.

I hope that he is true to his word and will push to have the federal government recognize legal MJ. If that happens, this whole argument would be moot, as states will have the legal framework to legalize, and tax MJ. We can finally break the back of the cartels, and put some money back into the ag. community.
I believe very much that yesterday's results begin a pivotal change in direction, and I'm so, so glad that Montana was part of it. Sure, perhaps I'm a tad envious that we haven't gone the direction of Washington, Colorado, Alaska, California, Maine, Nevada and Massachusetts, but we corrected a horrible setback and did so to the benefit of those who found themselves so needlessly victimized by their state government.

So to the Montanans who made it happen...wonderful job!

And here's how it broke down:

http://www.nytimes.com/elections/res...ical-marijuana

Ravalli County's results surprised me, as did those of Flathead and Sanders. I don't know how this map compares to the results of 2004 (when the Marijuana Act was passed by right around 63%), but I would say it's decisively clear that most Montanans support patients, they support caregivers and they do not want the industry that supports both to be eliminated from this state.

Make the legislators listen this time--Zabawa isn't going anywhere.

Old 11-09-2016, 09:55 PM

7,330 posts, read 12,160,886 times
This ship has sailed, and frankly it's time that conservatives let it go, and concentrate on other things that are much more critical to America.

I note that the counties that voted No are all low population -- many with under 1000 total votes. One suspects this portion of the No vote reflects a sheer lack of users (by need or recreation) rather than a fixed conviction.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or