U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 11-25-2006, 11:01 AM

6 posts, read 39,065 times
Smile Looking for small mountain town

Currently living and working on the western slope of Colorado. Would like to move to a small mountain town in the near future. Areas considered would be, Montana, Arizona, Oregon Idaho, Washington, the smaller the better.
Anyone who knows of a great small town in the mountains, I would like to hear from you....

Thanks,

Tinapearl
Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2006, 11:42 AM

23 posts, read 167,573 times
Default small mountain town

Whitefish Montana
McCall Idaho
Sandpoint Idaho

New resort called Tamarack near McCall- big development going on there right now.

Don't bother with Sun Valley.

If you leave Colorado, you leave the sun....make sure you are ready for hard grey days. Still nice, of course, but the weather is different.

Old 11-26-2006, 11:01 PM

914 posts, read 1,137,708 times
are there no small towns in CO.? what size is small, 5000 or less?

Old 11-30-2006, 08:37 PM

1 posts, read 7,338 times
We too are looking to move to small town in Montana. Live in Clearwater florida area now. Anyone want to trade places?

Old 12-01-2006, 10:35 AM
MHT

434 posts, read 1,560,363 times
Default leaving the sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowghost View Post
Whitefish Montana
McCall Idaho
Sandpoint Idaho

New resort called Tamarack near McCall- big development going on there right now.

Don't bother with Sun Valley.

If you leave Colorado, you leave the sun....make sure you are ready for hard grey days. Still nice, of course, but the weather is different.
Leaving CO does not mean that you leave the sun. I live in WY now and we have tons of sun. Grew up in central MT and had lots of sun there. Western MT has lots of grey days - seems to happen more in the mountains than on the plains.

Old 12-01-2006, 11:42 PM

218 posts, read 1,035,818 times
Lived/live/visit often the below areas. Hope this is helpful & not too generalized. Good luck with your decision. Never an easy thing to do
In Idaho:
Anything in the Panhandle, around I-90 and north, is a good bet.
In Montana:
From the Canadian border around Whitefish, folowing south from there along the western side is gorgeous. Pick any of them!
In Arizona:
If you want year-round access to decent fishing/hunting, you'll want to keep to the northern half of the state. However, Tucson in the southern region, boasts the southernmost ski hill in the USA - granted it might open only 2 weeks in an entire winter.
In Oregon:
I love the Silverton area. The high country desert of around Madras/Terrebonne is also interesting, with great volcanic mountains visible in the distance.
In Washington:
Sorry. I know nothing of Washington except Spokane. It's definitely NOT a small town.

Old 12-11-2006, 10:36 PM

1 posts, read 7,327 times
Default Bozeman Is A Great Area

I think Bozeman is a great area. I have a bunch of pictures of the mountains and such at www.mtpics.com. Here is a sample:
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana