Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-28-2006, 05:42 PM

1 posts, read 3,021 times

Advertisements

Hi, if any1 from Thomson Falls reads this please respond. My Grandparents lived in a cabin there, my grandfather, uncle and father built. As a child I lived there 4 a short time. The memories of that time has stuck with me all my life, dreaming of the day i could move into that cabin.I visited my grandparents every summer till they moved to Saltlake city Ut. My father died when i was 6, grandfather died 2 years ago this january. My uncle lives in Saltlake city, Utah. Im Planning a trip to Thomson Falls the end of Dec., to see if i cant talk the people into selling me the cabin back. I met the people once about 15 years ago, the man did auto body work from the barn they built. He had a wife and i think a few children. I currently own a home here in spokane, which i plan to sell. Ill use the money i get to put down on the property. I have 3 sisters and 1 older brother who would love to see the property back in the family. If you know anything about this or if you'd just like to say something to me pls do. Thanx!!
Jeff Hamilton
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2007, 01:42 AM

1 posts, read 2,950 times
Default I'm from Thompson Falls

Hi Jeff,

My name is Kiragu T. from Nyahururu, Kenya.

I've just come across your thread while checking out on Thompson falls. I grew up around the falls and have visited the place countless times. Your kinsmen must have discovered the beauty of the place to build a cabin there.

As you say that you have been there, and actually would like to settle there, I know you understand when I say the place is breathtaking. Though I now work in Nairobi, every time I'm home I must visit the falls, right up to the waters below.

Though its almost an year since you posted this thread, I am quite elated to just share a word on the falls around which I've grown up. The hippos further back the river always come out to graze at night, very close to our house. You open the window and there they are with the calves.

Sometimes they are shot by game rangers for the public to feast. Hippo meat is very soft and sweet. When I was 13 we organised a hike with fellow school boys and set out to go deep in the thich forest, then trace our way back to the falls by following the river. We got lost and safari ants gave us great trouble, not to mention falling in the river as we attempted to cross. We eventually found our way but late in the evening.

I don't know for how long you've been away but the place remains beautiful. I would also like to get a little bit of the history you have on the falls, as passed down from your Granpa, Uncle and Father. My parents have also told me a lot about the falls since they have been around the place since their youth.

All the best.

Old 11-07-2007, 07:26 AM

6,023 posts, read 14,067,614 times
Hey titonipo, Jeff is talking about the town of Thompson falls in Montana U.S.A. !
Dams were built in 1915, the falls is no longer there and there ain't no hippos !

Old 11-07-2007, 05:36 PM

22,974 posts, read 27,011,790 times
I don't know about the hippo thing rickers.... Have you seen some of the tourists that float the river in the summer????? I didn't know there were such a thing as a black banded hippo!!
(Picture tourist in an innertube....)

Old 11-07-2007, 07:12 PM
GLS

1,985 posts, read 5,380,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
I don't know about the hippo thing rickers.... Have you seen some of the tourists that float the river in the summer????? I didn't know there were such a thing as a black banded hippo!!
(Picture tourist in an innertube....)
Hey rickers and jimj, you guys are a couple of sick pups to burst this guys bubble, but I love your sense of humor. On the other hand, you could have solved one of Montana's "problems" described on the other threads. If you hadn't have jumped in so quick you could have had all the Californians moving to Kenya.

Old 11-07-2007, 07:18 PM

102 posts, read 271,842 times
LOL I have a usual place I stay in Thomson Falls, I was lookin for the hippo recipes

Old 11-07-2007, 07:27 PM

6,023 posts, read 14,067,614 times
Here is a picasa link to what's left of Thompson Falls.
Best viewed as "slideshow", takes a minute or so for them to load.
The last one is my "innertube" !

Picasa Web Albums - Rick - Thompson Falls (broken link)

Last edited by Rickers; 11-07-2007 at 07:51 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana