Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2007, 03:38 PM

777 posts, read 3,196,504 times

Advertisements

Let us all know how it goes. Great Falls, is on my extremely short list of places to relocate to.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2007, 05:12 PM

25 posts, read 103,829 times
I'll do that. I'll try and give a good new guy perspective for people interested in the area, but I have to warn you I've been out of the country for the last 5years so I don't have a real up to date way to compare things to other areas.

Hell, the locals are already picking on my truck!

Old 01-02-2007, 05:17 PM

LOL, yeah! FLimsy Old Rebuilt Dodge, Found on Road Dead, and the list goes on and on Just funnin ya'

Old 01-05-2007, 03:05 AM

Would anyone have a reccomendation for a hotel/motel for me to camp out at for a week or so until I get a rental home? that's the last thing for me to ask before I point my truck west tomarrow. I should be in Great Falls on the 9th or 10th.

Old 01-05-2007, 08:42 AM

Drive Careful. Sorry I don't have hotel info. Internet search?

Old 01-10-2007, 11:28 PM

15 posts, read 65,305 times
Hotels, I'd try the Hampton Inn. It's right by some of the main shopping, and easy to get in and out of.

Route? We just drove to Illinois and back on 94, and we had previously taken 90 and 80. We prefer 94, although it is two lanes (MT200) once you get into MT.

We find that new folks are generally more positive about our community than the locals. The only exception seems to be big city wives who miss the glamor and shopping.

It's a great place to raise a family. Other parts of the state look down on us, but they forget the river. How many other cities in MT can you water ski through the middle of town?

The airfield won't be closed since we just finished a CATIII runway. Based on your name, I'm guessing AvMax. I was on the Airport Board. AvMax is, I think, a good company to work for.

I'd be happy to help you in any other way that I can. Just ask questions.

Also, check out a local blog: www.greaterfalls.com This guy is a military transplant, and he is very high on our community. He will keep you up to date on what is going on.

Old 01-11-2007, 12:36 AM

Bigskylaw, welcome to the board. Judging by your name, are you an atty? My wife has an AA in paralegal, although, that is not what she does for work here. Do you think there is many jobs available in MT, for that type of work? I'm pretty sure folks aren't sue happy there, like they are here, but folks still need legal advice right Thanks for any insight you might have into this.

Old 01-11-2007, 09:07 AM

15 posts, read 65,305 times
I am an attorney. As a general rule, I would say that there is usually work available for experienced people in the legal profession. We have a school here that turns out 'paralegals' by the hundreds, but we have had very little luck with them.

The bigger question, I think, is what she can expect to make. She can expect to start at $9-15.00 an hour, and if she proves herself I would guess $30-40,000 per year.

By the way, what a tough time for Avman1 to arrive, -2 degrees today!

Old 01-11-2007, 11:37 AM

I actually made it in 2 days ago, but just got the computer set up today.

Okay, I took 94 all the way until Ennis and then 287 to Helena and then 15 to Great Falls. Without some friendly advice from a local in Bozeman I would have taken 94 all the way to Butte.

Impressions- WOW! I'm glad I took 94!

From Bismark, ND all the way to Great Falls (except for the high winds) what beautiful country! I've already fallen in love with the scenery here. I'm going out this weekend to take pictures to send to my wife and I'll post one or two of the best here as well.

So far everyone I've talked to here is real friendly and easy going. I'm from upstate New York and there is no discernable accent between us.

Yes I'm with AvMax.

Great Falls I'm reserving judgement on, I haven't been here long enough, but the city seems to have everything I need and would expect. It's paradise in a shopping mall compared to Kuwait.

Oh....it's -4 right now. Last 2 days were in the 40's.

So far I like it.

yeah and you chevy guys.......I see an awful lot of Fords on the roads out here.....

Old 01-11-2007, 01:28 PM

529 posts, read 1,891,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by avman1 View Post
I actually made it in 2 days ago, but just got the computer set up today.

Okay, I took 94 all the way until Ennis and then 287 to Helena and then 15 to Great Falls. Without some friendly advice from a local in Bozeman I would have taken 94 all the way to Butte.

Impressions- WOW! I'm glad I took 94!

From Bismark, ND all the way to Great Falls (except for the high winds) what beautiful country! I've already fallen in love with the scenery here. I'm going out this weekend to take pictures to send to my wife and I'll post one or two of the best here as well.

So far everyone I've talked to here is real friendly and easy going. I'm from upstate New York and there is no discernable accent between us.

Yes I'm with AvMax.

Great Falls I'm reserving judgement on, I haven't been here long enough, but the city seems to have everything I need and would expect. It's paradise in a shopping mall compared to Kuwait.

Oh....it's -4 right now. Last 2 days were in the 40's.

So far I like it.

yeah and you chevy guys.......I see an awful lot of Fords on the roads out here.....
heh heh heh....

Yup.... Bison Ford does a better job than they should.... that's for sure.

Glad you made it in before the sub-zero came along......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana